Author Topic: I still don't get how Daz isnt blown up.  (Read 724 times)

xquistqban

• 'G'
I still don't get how Daz isnt blown up.
« on: September 15, 2006, 09:25:48 PM »
Ive never understood why Daz isnt a megastar.  His resume is one of the best in rap history.  THis cat played a huge role in THE CHRONIC, DOGGYSTYLE, DOGGFOOD, DOGGFATHER, ALL EYEZ ON ME and all the DEATH ROW SOUNDTRACKS.  I mean all of the sh*t he did for PAC was classic.  DAZ produced "Ambitionz AZ a RIdah" and "2 of Amerikaz most Wanted."  His first album "Retaliation, Revenge,  and Getback is my favorite rap album ever.  I just picked up SO SO Gangsta and its banging.  His lyrics and production are on point.  But I still dont hear him on the radio blowing up.  Everyone should have heard about Daz.  He is a westcoast legend.  Do you all feel me or what?

GangstaBoogy

Re: I still don't get how Daz isnt blown up.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 10:44:40 PM »
Daz was weak when he came out, then got hella better (around the R.A.W. era), but has since fallen off again. Talent wise? He's almost untouchable. But he doesn't know how to make hits. He can make great music, but music fans seem to like garbage music.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

rik

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 10:46:51 PM »
Daz was weak when he came out, then got hella better (around the R.A.W. era), but has since fallen off again. Talent wise? He's almost untouchable. But he doesn't know how to make hits. He can make great music, but music fans seem to like garbage music.

Real spit. If muthafuckas can't dance to it they don't like it.

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 12:34:47 AM »
very niche music, only appeals to westcoast heads like us

eNgIeS

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 02:29:44 AM »
I think he lost alot of fans due to ppl growing up who used to like him they longer wanna hear about the same shit over & over again do some new shit like Snoop & evolve

Another things, Daz no longer has the big time studio like  he did at death row, & he also has control over what he releases which means he'll do a beat & a song real quick & in the end it doesnt sound layered enuff becoz he didnt spend the time workin on it to perfect the beat like a dre or another hi calibre producer/beat maker does shame iof he put in the time i reckon he'd be making hits again like he did in 1995-97

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006, 02:33:47 AM »
i dont think that the music is the main reason...its more some music industry bs

Efrain

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2006, 04:04:02 AM »
All I got to say is "you can't even look at me craaaaazey, look at me craaaaazey!"   Love the album.

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2006, 05:10:23 AM »
THis cat played a huge role in THE CHRONIC, DOGGYSTYLE, DOGGFOOD, DOGGFATHER, ALL EYEZ ON ME and all the DEATH ROW SOUNDTRACKS.

Quote from: Snoop dogg - DUBCNN Interview link=http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/snoopdogg06/part4/
Dubcnn: So you're saying it's wrong that Daz or Warren G would claim that they didn't get the credit they deserved on The Chronic or Doggystyle?

I'ma say it like this: they didn't deserve the credit back then because they didn't do the work. They made beats, Dre produced that record. Point blank, and I'd say it in they face. They made beats, cuzz produced the record. If you a real nigga in the rap game, you'll understand what I'm saying. I can make a beat, but I can't produce! I can make a beat, but can I tell a nigga what to rap about, can I tell him when to come with the hook? Can you break the beat down? That's what producing is.

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2006, 06:17:40 AM »

no disrespect, but i think its almost the opposite.

daz was tight when he came out.. one the best songs he did was "Deez Nuts" with Dr Dre.. He was also tight on Doggy Dogg World, the album Dogg Food and then he produced some of the better beats on 2pac's album.

He didn't become a mega star because he decided he wanted to be indy and do street music. It's smart because he dont owe money and he has a nice little cash flow coming in. However, theres no promotion and no big time hits to seperate his name-brand from DPG or being Snoop's cousin..

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2006, 09:54:29 AM »
THis cat played a huge role in THE CHRONIC, DOGGYSTYLE, DOGGFOOD, DOGGFATHER, ALL EYEZ ON ME and all the DEATH ROW SOUNDTRACKS.

Quote from: Snoop dogg - DUBCNN Interview link=http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/snoopdogg06/part4/
Dubcnn: So you're saying it's wrong that Daz or Warren G would claim that they didn't get the credit they deserved on The Chronic or Doggystyle?

I'ma say it like this: they didn't deserve the credit back then because they didn't do the work. They made beats, Dre produced that record. Point blank, and I'd say it in they face. They made beats, cuzz produced the record. If you a real nigga in the rap game, you'll understand what I'm saying. I can make a beat, but I can't produce! I can make a beat, but can I tell a nigga what to rap about, can I tell him when to come with the hook? Can you break the beat down? That's what producing is.

Snoop was right though!!!... and Its a fact that Daz productions doesnt sound the same due to the studio and he doesnt have someone to direct him and tell him what to do... and also he doesnt take the time to produce a beat..he's always rushing  (New dogg pound album on the way) . plus he's more about getting money than making good music.

eNgIeS

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2006, 10:43:25 AM »

Snoop was right though!!!... and Its a fact that Daz productions doesnt sound the same due to the studio and he doesnt have someone to direct him and tell him what to do... and also he doesnt take the time to produce a beat..he's always rushing  (New dogg pound album on the way) . plus he's more about getting money than making good music.

preetty much what i sed truest shit
i still love daz but he lost his fans due to his bullshit with DPG forum

ability

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2006, 11:55:25 AM »
Humpty Dumpty anyone, dude straight fell off. His time passed like everyone else.  He can't keep his mouth shut.Talking shit about others rappers made me stop liking his music, because he put it in his music.

Monotone

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2006, 12:15:19 PM »
"who can it be? my mutha fuckin nigga k-u-r-u-p-t
from the D-P-G, the d-o-double-g the p-o-u-n-d
g-a-n-g-s-t-a is B-A-C" - Daz

taken from the recent track "cruisin in my 64"

i think that there is why people are losing interest in Daz, to me daz is bringing nothing new to the table, all his verses sound the same

his flows gotten better but thats about it, everything else is the same shit hes been kickin for over 10 years to me at least

on a side note i noticed how the beat to strizaps seemed very similar to ambitions as a ridah....anybody else notice that?

ability

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2006, 12:19:57 PM »
Have not heard it, but you understand why he fell off. It seems that along with everbody else it is the same people from the dr days that everyone wants to bring the west back. It aint happening.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2006, 01:09:05 PM »
daz should get his shine through shit talking show...
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]