Author Topic: the truth is.....  (Read 188 times)

ability

• Lil Geezy
the truth is.....
« on: September 16, 2006, 11:50:37 AM »
We keep talking about the same rappers (who as fans hold us down when they want to) like we try and hold them down when we buy their music.  The problem is they keep doing bullshit that makes us look stupid for supporting them in the first place.  Are we supporting rappers' music abilities and skills or are we supporting that perona (image) they try and portray.  I learned to seperate the two a long time ago, but it it seems that some people in this forum don't.  Game is fake, and that's staright up, Snoop cripping with police and security to back him.  I have lost to many people representing what these guys claim to be and it's not cool.  Stick to music, dumb altercations let us know you suspect

ability

• Lil Geezy
Re: the truth is.....
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 01:06:58 PM »
Any members, we need these type of discussions.  Any visitors join the forum and participate. 

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 01:10:24 PM »
how u know if game is fake? Have you met him?  I feel you though on most part.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

ability

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 01:22:49 PM »
I Met people that went to school with him, he never gang bang, had colored hair, and there is a difference between gang banging and being affiliated through family association. When did mary J make real love? In the early 1990's. 

WestCoasta

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 01:24:57 PM »
anybody who listens to music based on street cred first is a loser, so who cares

ability

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006, 01:31:26 PM »
My point exactly. :). Listen to music. ;D

youngmessnucca

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2006, 02:47:34 PM »
You know I do agree with listening to someone because you like the music. There is nothing wrong with that. Some people just get a bad taste in there mouths when they hear a rapper who isn't that good in the 1st place fabricate everything they say.

Would you listen to Fallout Boy if they made a good album mostly about selling dope, shooting guns, hoes, running from cops etc.?

ability

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2006, 03:02:03 PM »
Straight up homie, If the music is good than it is good, no doubt about it. But like i stated before i learned to seperate what i believe a rapper will do with what he/she/them are saying.  I learned when rappers were getting it handed to them by their ceo, homies they fell out with, other rappers, not backing their lablemate.  Sometime I feel that music is no different than a movie, you believe it might happen to a certain extent. Now that phillyboy could sound like a movie to me with the topics you identified it with.  I have seen some of the things you decribed, so yeah.

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2006, 03:05:13 PM »
Any members, we need these type of discussions.  Any visitors join the forum and participate. 

bow down.. we got a new boss around here folks...

............sikeeeeeeee..........

::)

ability

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2006, 03:26:25 PM »
good shot homie. ;D

Don Seer

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2006, 03:28:09 PM »
 ;D :-*

youngmessnucca

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2006, 03:44:11 PM »
Straight up homie, If the music is good than it is good, no doubt about it. But like i stated before i learned to seperate what i believe a rapper will do with what he/she/them are saying.  I learned when rappers were getting it handed to them by their ceo, homies they fell out with, other rappers, not backing their lablemate.  Sometime I feel that music is no different than a movie, you believe it might happen to a certain extent. Now that phillyboy could sound like a movie to me with the topics you identified it with.  I have seen some of the things you decribed, so yeah.

It all boils down to opinion cuzzo. I would think people on this board are serious music listeners, and alot seem so obssessed with certain rappers "gangsta" personas, that it reflects on them. The thing about that is most of these rap dudes never did 80% of what they talk about, but people seem to believe the most far-fetched romanticized gangster rappers.

It's just like a movie with fake actors in it, since the rap game is like the big screen. Again, I say would you want to see a movie with Keanu Reeves playing a hardcore gangbanger or Mike Epps playing a preacher or cop. I'm not a street dude, but I still wouldnt want to listen to and enjoy someone who fabricates everything he says.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2006, 05:39:50 PM »
Just like Arnold doesn't actually shoot up 100 cop cars in real life, guys like Game or Snoop aren't actually doing drive by shootings in real life. It's just entertainment and fans who actually take that seriously and are obsessed with street cred need to take a step back and see this for what it is, which is purely entertainment. After all, rappers that actually did that kind of stuff have or are spending lengthy stings in prison (BG Knocc Out, Tray Deee) or are dead (Mausberg).

To me, all this hard core posturing by so many west coast rappers is tiresome and boring. If the music isn't good, who cares how hard someone is, or thinks they are.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2006, 05:43:36 PM »
Rappers dont make quality music anymore, they're too confused about who to satisfy....they're die hard fans or the general public....

8) 8) 8)