Author Topic: Is it contracts or No buzz or no marketability or burning bridges  (Read 174 times)

ability

• Lil Geezy
Is it contracts or No buzz or no marketability or burning bridges
« on: September 22, 2006, 06:33:04 PM »
Just had to start this thread with all west coast rappers that could of would of should of been out putting it down, what's the situation. We talk about them and give them their propz, but nothing. Really I'am not trying to hear all these mixtapes with all these wack dj's putting it out.  It's like these artists have to be cosigned with these dj's to get a buzz.  I feel this only works in ny, westcoast is to big. Remember some of these cats were supposed to drop before game, Here's the list:
Crooked I, Sly Boogie, Eastwood, Tecnique, Ras, Kam, Soopa Fly, Mitchy Slick, Jayo Felony and will Bishop, Glasses, Lil E drop?   

BigBDrugStores

Re: Is it contracts or No buzz or no marketability or burning bridges
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 06:42:47 PM »
its because they arent as good as artists form my neck of the woods,

ability

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 06:46:41 PM »
Elaborate.

acgrundy

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 07:24:19 PM »
All of the above

HoodstaZ_n_Crime

• Lil Geezy
  • REVOLUTION IN PROGRESS
ability..
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 07:36:22 PM »
x-raided deserves the biggest buzz in cali period, in terms of on wax rider shit, and credibility, and hood niggas vouchin for niggas, he the truth to me, cuzz is doin eternal in folsom for fucc sake, and he still BEEN puttin out that tight shit....

unless snoop or one of these homos recognizes him and puts him on instead of all this faggety ass west coast hippity hip hop type shit,i lose all faith in rap...

x raided
young dre the truth
cos

best in the west...

....and it dont stop

BEST IN THE WEST

1. Young Dre the Truth

SGV

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 11:38:00 PM »
Just had to start this thread with all west coast rappers that could of would of should of been out putting it down, what's the situation. We talk about them and give them their propz, but nothing. Really I'am not trying to hear all these mixtapes with all these wack dj's putting it out.  It's like these artists have to be cosigned with these dj's to get a buzz.  I feel this only works in ny, westcoast is to big. Remember some of these cats were supposed to drop before game, Here's the list:
Crooked I, Sly Boogie, Eastwood, Tecnique, Ras, Kam, Soopa Fly, Mitchy Slick, Jayo Felony and will Bishop, Glasses, Lil E drop?   

Crooked I - He has the worst luck with labels. Plus, I feel he just doesn't have that cross over appeal in him. He tried with "Boom Boom Clap" and "So Damn Hood" and it didn't work.

Sly Boogy - Caught a bad deal with J.Records and then fell out with Sway & Tech...

Eastwood - Has Crooked I syndrome.

Techniec - Must be missing something because he's had 3 chances and fumbled each one.

Ras Kass - Label politics.

Kam - He's Indi... Probably money problems.

Soopafly - Doesn't have what it takes to blow up.

Mitchy Slick - He dropped his record.

Jayo Felony - He's Indi... Probably money problems.

Bishop Lamont - He's got to wait for D.E.T.O.X.

Glasses Malone - Barely in the process of getting exposure, nowhere near ready to drop.

Lil E - Not on Virgin anymore.

wcsoldier

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2006, 04:30:31 AM »
The next and the only one to blow up gonna be Bishop Lamont... others have no connection... It's sad but the only chance you have to blow up for a WC artist is to be signed with Dre, that's a huge pb, the WC counts on a lazy old Dre to advance. Once again the WC won't be back anytime soon.. There is a need of a new sound... without saying blowing up big with the currently crisis of the industry is extremly hard

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 06:41:38 AM »
theres alot of things....

1. The WC doesn't need the East to sell millions of records. They have one of the biggest marketing/media outlets in the world. It's not like LA and the bay are these rural areas and NY, ATL are these bigger cities.. They just don't utilize the area as well. I posted those links to the radio stations play list. The WC djs don't give WC artists enough love. Daz should be up in the studio threatening Big Boy to put his songs in the top 5 playlist.. Wait.. thats something Suge would do..

2. The WC doesn't have a powerhouse record label. Death Row and Ruthless kept WC big during their prime, but they are dead now. I thought Treacherous would be the next big WC label, but they have issues. There's no big record label with a big music mogel running it out here. Aftermath isn't really considered West Coast b/c of em and 50, but Dre knows what WC likes, thats why Game is succesful.

3. Gangsta Rap is dead. I'm not talkin about the pop-gangsta rap but the real shit.. It's been dead for awhile. Someone needs to slap JD for allowing Daz to name his album So So Gangsta. Right there you lost about 80% of your potential buyers who don't like gangsta rap even though they contradicting themselves by liking thug-lyric rap. So all of these MCs out here spitting the same gangsta lines and talkin about the same boring gangsta life aint going to get an album put out. If you can't speak from a different perspective of life or show your versality in lyrics then you aint going to get anything released or sold (i hope you're reading this Crooked I)

4. I don't think the WC fans are the most loyal fans.. I have two homes, one in Cali and one in Houston, TX. The people are different.. In So Cal, people don't have a true loyality to their city or their culture. They root for whoever is good rather than who is their own. I guess thats how people should be.. But in houston, tx.. people out here root for their own before they root for what is potentially better. The hip hop scene in Houston is starting to pick up so people are giving mad love to Beyounce, Chamillionaire, and anyone connected to DJ Screw. Lot of thos

theres lot more..

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2006, 09:43:46 AM »
bottom line...it doesn't look good for the west...especially for any new cats...except bishop lamont...its going to be awhile before we're back...and like the guy above me said...subject matter is crucial...not the same EXACT shit...but put some real life meaning to it

The Kryptonian

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2006, 11:02:02 AM »
i think the problem is this.... old school cats made their own lane. they didnt give a fuck about Big Labels the East Coast etc ...

the person that makes his own lane will blow up until then ... it will be like it is now.

youngmessnucca

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2006, 01:00:06 PM »
SoCal is dead lol.