Poll

HOW MANY RECORDS WILL THE GAME SELL FIRST WEEK

LESS THAN 500,000
OVER 500,000
A MILLION PLUS

Author Topic: GAME: A MILLION?  (Read 748 times)

cobra

• Muthafuckin' OG
GAME: A MILLION?
« on: September 26, 2006, 08:07:30 PM »
Game said today on mtv that he intends on selling a million copies the first week.
says he sold 600,000 last time out and anything less than a million is a disapointment.
he should have atleat 400,000 more fans this time around.

he also made refrences to coming out when jay-z did for sake of competition.

i'm not feeling either single but anxious to see what the album will sound like and plan on buying it as a way of showing my support to the west.
(i could bootlegg it but i no longer bootlegg westcoast shyt. you should do the same)
what do you think?

suckaa free

Re: GAME: A MILLION?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 08:15:56 PM »
under.

HyphyInMyG-Units

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 08:55:58 PM »
HE PURPOSELY WANTS TO BE RELEASED  ON THE SAME DATE AS JAY Z CUZ THEN HE CAN BLAME HIS FLOP ON J N DISS HIM AGAIN N THEN APOLOGIZE AGIN

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 10:42:52 PM »
I think it will be a little under 500 000 but thats not a bad thing at all. This record will probably go 2x platinum.

wcsoldier

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 10:45:47 PM »
Game got a HUGE buzz right now, IF  he's not pushed back again, he gonna do 350-400k 1st week (not more coz the single won't blow up)

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 10:49:42 PM »
It won't probably sell gold it's first week out, but overall it should go platinum plus, maybe double plat. A few years back I'd be predicting easy double platinum, good chances of triple/quadruple platinum with the hype he's got now (it's not 50 Cent crazy or Eminem Show crazy, but still pretty good), but as we all know record sales are down throughout.

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 11:00:14 PM »
IMO it all depends on if the south feeling his shit, if people in the south go crazy, then 500k plus, if not, 300 k will be a battle.

The Maestro

wcsoldier

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 11:02:51 PM »
^^^^ yep, well said... actually Game got a bigger buzz than Snoop or Nas, he's all around rap TV shows and all around the net forums (ok it's just the net but when they're like 50 topics about him on Allhiphop forum that's still a good indicator, people from the whole US just waiting for his lp)

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 11:13:10 PM »
yeah i'd say around 300,000. there's no way he's doin a mill. if he does, he has my apology.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2006, 04:42:30 AM »
Well Game definetly has a buzz on the internet these days. His whole beefs with GUnit, Ras Kass and if Dre will be on the album keep his name on these forums. Looks like he learned a thing or two from 50 Cent.

I do find it funny how hes always saying that this album is just about The Game, yet hes talking about guest apperances and production list all the time. Kanye West, Scott Storch, Dr.Dre, Timbaland, Just Blaze, Swizz Beatz, J.R., Will.I.Am. The only one thats missing from the "A" list are Neptunes. Then hes bragging about all these guest apperances like Busta, Snoop, Nas, Kanye.... If he really wants to get his BWS movement on solid ground he should have BWS dudes rappign on it, his inhouse producers and stuff like that...

Despite the frst 2 singles are a step down from Doc, Im still lookin forward to this becuase with that production and guest list its gotta have some banging tracls.

I predict around 400.000 first week.

Reventón Bogotá Rolla

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • High Roller
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2006, 04:47:49 AM »
Man, who is Game kidding about competing with Jay. I predict Jay will do 1mil before Game does 500k. I'm still rooting for Game but I gotta admit One Blood & Stripclub are just meh... there better be some classic bangers on that album.

2009 Kid CuDi - Man on the Moon: The Guardians

kingwell

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2006, 04:55:13 AM »
I predict Gold first week.  3x platinum after that.  Actually no, after one week it will depend on if his album is good or not, that will get him past 2x or 3x platty.

I think he was right to not stick in house producers and BWS ppl on the album.  The sophomore album is a big deal to an artist's career.  You can't rely on your personal crew for that, maybe on his third LP.

MOB

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2006, 05:37:20 AM »
yeah more like 500k the first week.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2006, 05:39:12 AM »
I predict Gold first week.  3x platinum after that.  Actually no, after one week it will depend on if his album is good or not, that will get him past 2x or 3x platty.

I think he was right to not stick in house producers and BWS ppl on the album.  The sophomore album is a big deal to an artist's career.  You can't rely on your personal crew for that, maybe on his third LP.

Jay and 50 did it with first 2 LPs. Its definetly possible.

Raphael

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2006, 07:11:17 AM »
OVER 500,000