Author Topic: The Wire returns Sunday, September 10!  (Read 119 times)

J Bananas

The Wire returns Sunday, September 10!
« on: August 08, 2006, 02:20:09 PM »
hell muthafuckin yeah! it'll probably have a whole new direction now that stringers gone, i cant wait to see where they take it

TuSlic

Re: The Wire returns Sunday, September 10!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 05:06:52 PM »
::marks calender::

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 09:52:15 PM »
Hell yeah.....HBO's been rollin out my shows one after the other: Sopranos, Deadwood, Entourage and now The Wire.  Maybe we'll get lucky and get season 6 of Curb after that :D

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 02:44:10 PM »
I guess not many people here watch the show, and by looking at the low ratings, I guess not many people in general. It really is one of the great pieces of television. It's like one big movie, or novel. Season 4 has kicked off to a great start. I just saw episode 4 an hour ago. Can't wait for next week, and for season 5 to cap it all off. When it's all said and done, it may take years, but this show will be flying off the shelves in DVD box sets. People will wake up one day.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 04:08:14 PM »
This show's the shit! I have no idea what season we're on, but they're def. repeats. Juss watched the episode when the leader of one of the teams gets gunned down by the muslim dude & the DMX lookalike

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 11:32:33 AM »
hell muthafuckin yeah! it'll probably have a whole new direction now that stringers gone, i cant wait to see where they take it

You might want to consider mentioning "SPOILER!!!" before you write something like you just did. Luckily for me I already knew that Stringer was killed because Justin had - just like you - already spoiled it in a Wire thread somewhere in June.

But yeah, The Wire is great television. They don't even air the show here in Belgium, but it has gotten some outstanding reviews by Belgian magazines nonetheless. Their storylines are always top-notch, the plot development is great, the acting performances are from a high caliber and the dialogues are strong. Plus, they don't use ANY background music at all throughout the series, which is dope. Not too many series could pull that off. But The Wire is just so strong that you don't even notice it.

Btw, Season 3's coming out in a few weeks here, so I'm really looking forward to watch that 8)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 11:34:42 AM by CRAFTY »

J Bananas

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2006, 07:40:38 PM »
the thing about the music that's sick is that its all ambient. you might hear a jay z or a ludacris joint but its coming from some negros escalade down the block or a stereo in a project somewhere, definently adds to the reality vibe and takes the forced drama alot of programs have down a notch

Scream @ Me

• 'G'
  • That Dude!
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2006, 10:52:18 PM »
Most definately the BEST Series on television right now...  8)