Author Topic: Yakuza (PS2)  (Read 226 times)

On The Edge of Insanity

Yakuza (PS2)
« on: September 27, 2006, 10:15:56 AM »
Has anybody played this, any thoughts on it. It looks dope to me because I loved Shenmue on the Dreamcast and this seems like its very similar but with a more hard edged character and more violent type stuff going on. 

$do11a biLL$

Re: Yakuza (PS2)
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 01:31:37 PM »
I have a backup for it but never got around to checking it out yet. Shenmue and Shenmue 2 for Dreamcast were awesome games.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 01:34:08 PM »
Yeah, I've been waiting for a proper sequel to hit for ages, but doesn't look like its going to happen so it looks like this might be the next best thing.

PenDAH

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 01:34:20 PM »
I have seen a bit of the game but not much, I think you take the rule of a Yakuza gang memeber, from start to death. Something like that, don't know for sure, but it looks dope.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 03:21:55 AM »
Copped this at the weekend; so far quite enjoyable. I was hoping for a Streets of Rage style game, but it's more like random fights a la Pokemon. The fighting is good though and so is the story.

A lot of fucking cutscenes and frequent loading times though.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 09:38:00 AM »
Can you buy stuff from the fast food restaurants, cause I've seen them in a few screenshots and know you can buy stuff from the shops but it doesn't mention anywhere about the food.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 12:43:14 AM »
Can you buy stuff from the fast food restaurants, cause I've seen them in a few screenshots and know you can buy stuff from the shops but it doesn't mention anywhere about the food.

Yeah, very San Andreas style. There's several fast food places, plus you can buy snacks from the 7-11's.

You can also drink real branded liquor (courvoisier XO, Jack Daniels etc.) and get pissed. You get into more fights that way to build up your EXP ;D

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 01:09:02 AM »

Yeah, very San Andreas style. There's several fast food places, plus you can buy snacks from the 7-11's.

You can also drink real branded liquor (courvoisier XO, Jack Daniels etc.) and get pissed. You get into more fights that way to build up your EXP ;D

lol thats gangsta

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 10:04:13 AM »

Lol that sounds amusing. Does your character stumble around like the Drunken Ninja?

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2006, 10:13:40 AM »
^A lil bit. I'm sure it's impossible to walk/run in a straight line and the character staggers slightly from left to right across the screen when you're drunk, but I was lil bit twisted myself when I discovered this so could just be me lol.