Author Topic: Your favourite games maker  (Read 191 times)

On The Edge of Insanity

Your favourite games maker
« on: September 27, 2006, 02:05:58 PM »
Didn't want to do this as a poll as I knew I would end up missing stuff out, so just post your thoughts here.

I would have to say mine is definitely Sega, just thinking back over my gaming life probably 80-85% of the games that were or have become my favourites were made by Sega, from racing games to sports to lightgun games, platformers, RPGs and even quirky stuff like Samba De Amigo and Monkey Ball they have consistantly made a wide range of brilliant games over the years both for the arcade and the home market. I remember when I had a Dreamcast there were always loads of games I was looking forward to, whereas for my PS2 all I have at the moment is Pro Evo 5 and nothing much else has interested me.

Apart from Sega, Nintendo obviously figure, mainly for Mario and Zelda games, but a lot of other stuff too, Codemasters, (Skidmarks & Micro Machines on the Megadrive, Colin Mcrae Rally and Toca Touring Cars on PS1 especially) and Konami (Pro Evo and ISS series' and Metal Gear Solid).

So what about the rest of you?

Trauma-san

Re: Your favourite games maker
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 03:07:44 PM »
I'm pretty simple, I always loved Nintendo's and Squaresoft's stuff.  Konami back in the day.  Was Enix responsible for Dragon Warrior?  Koei I think makes quality games about everytime out.  Capcom had it rolling for a while there, and Midway of course. 

In the arcades, Sega owns everything, they still make like 50 percent of the arcade games in the world.  Nintendo even had Sega make their last arcade game (Mario Kart).  I never really played that much Sega content when I was younger partially because of the little rivalry going on there, but they did some great things over the years.  Sonic is of course legendary, it kind of hurts to see how Sonic has been whored out to each and every system ever built over the last 10 years, though, I'd like to see them rebuild the house of Sonic the Hedgehog with some quality games that stand out. 

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 03:12:42 PM »
Capcom all the way

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 03:19:16 PM »
Sega ,I really can't think of any other company that has made so many games that I enjoy.

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

ecrazy

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 05:00:56 PM »
EA, i only play Sports Games, other than that, Nintendo, Mario, Mario Kart and Mario Baseball are the only other games i play

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 10:30:29 PM »
Hmmm very hard question, cant really just name one developer. If i HAD to pick one,of all time , id have to go with Nintendo, so many classics 8)

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

XaNdEr

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 10:53:11 AM »
ea sports, they makin fifa so  8)

Crack Tastic

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2006, 12:58:58 PM »
id software

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 01:12:25 PM »