Author Topic: Ludacris Nets #1 Album For Release Therapy  (Read 363 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Ludacris Nets #1 Album For Release Therapy
« on: October 04, 2006, 02:15:14 AM »
Playoffs got nothin’ on this grand slam that the street is going crazy for – as Disturbing Tha Peace/Island Def Jam recording artist Chris ‘Ludacris’ Bridges scores this week’s #1 debut on the Billboard 200 and Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums charts with his fifth album, Release Therapy (in stores now), selling 309,000 copies. Its first single, “Money Maker” featuring Pharrell (and produced by the Neptunes) is # 1 Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Mainstream Songs and the # 1 Rhythmic/Top 40 single in its third month out – the fastest-growing single at pop radio in Luda’s career to date, and a massive Urban hit with an audience of over 100 million and rising.

"Money Maker" has been ruling the digital space as well. In addition to the just-launched Cingular Sounds program consisting of unique, live mobile content for sale on over 50 million Cingular handsets, the song has been consistently selling over 100,000 ringtones a week. It's also a top 5 song at AOL Music and has culminated into one of the most successful "Leak" promotions that MTV.com has run this year.

“Chris has begun to explore the most intimate experiences of his life on Release Therapy, and is expressing them musically in ways that are reaching the widest possible audience,” commented Antonio “LA” Reid, Chairman, Island Def Jam Music Group. “Please join us as we celebrate Ludacris today.”

"Chris is a vital member of the Island Def Jam family. Not only is he a phenomenal artist, he is a visionary businessman as CEO of his Disturbing Tha Peace label. He is one of today’s most talented lyricists and a very important piece to why we are successful at IDJ," stated Shawn Carter, President and CEO of Def Jam Recordings.

Ludacris comes to grips with life’s trials and tribulations on Release Therapy as never before. The ‘release’ portion of the album shows a maturing artist dealing with topics ranging from politics to child abuse, and the ‘therapy’ songs include cut loose tracks such as “Girls Gone Wild”.

In addition to Pharrell and Chad, Release Therapy boasts a number of collabora­tors from Luda’s DTP artist roster, namely hip-hop duo Field Mob on “Ultimate Satisfaction” (produced by Rich Skillz) and smooth R&B platinum selling singer Bobby Valentino on “End of the Night” (produced by Happy Perez). Notable guests also include megastars R. Kelly on “Woozy” (produced by Ken Jo) and Mary J. Blige on “Runaway Love” (produced by Polow Da Don). There are also appearances by Def Jam’s own Young Jeezy on “Grew Up A Screw Up” (produced by DJ Nasty & LVM), and Beanie Sigel (with Pimp C and C-Murder) on “Do Your Time” (produced by Trak Starz).

Ludacris said, “To me, part of being a complex person is a balance of many things. On this record I talk about striving, silliness, sadness, sex, and salvation amongst other things. I’m not knocking anybody’s hustle, but many rappers only talk about one side of their lives. Personally, I’m trying to be a more three-dimensional storyteller, and I hope that comes through on the record.”

2006 is truly becoming the year of Chris ‘Ludacris’ Bridges. In addition to completing Release Therapy – the follow-up to 2004’s double-platinum The Red Light District. Ludacris scored rave reviews for his star appearance in the highest rated Law & Order: Special Victims Unit tv broadcast ever. Starting in January, he received a SAG Award for Best Ensemble, a 2006 Critics Choice Awards for Best Ensemble, and an NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Supporter Actor in A Motion Picture – all for his role in the critically acclaimed film, Crash (which opened May 2005). (He teamed up again with Terrence Howard for the critically acclaimed Sundance discovery Hustle and Flow.) Ludacris also began hosting his own XM satellite radio show, Disturbing Tha Peace Presents Ludacris’ Open Mic.

In the midst of all this, The Ludacris Foundation is still the cause closest to his heart. Additional information regarding The Ludacris Foundation’s efforts and their causes which include Cerebral Palsy and providing food and shelter to Hurricane Katrina victims can be found at http://www.theludacrisfoundation.org.

Release Therapy and The Red Light District follow-up 2003’s double-platinum Chicken-N-Beer, the #1 Pop/#1 R&B, success that gave Ludacris his first across-the-board #1 Rap/#1 R&B/ #1 Pop crossover smash hit single with “Stand Up.” Ludacris’ mega-selling streak began with his debut, 2000’s triple-platinum Incognegro (aka Back For the First Time, with “What’s Your Fantasy” and “Southern Hospitality”); followed by 2001’s triple-platinum Word Of Mouf (with “Area Codes,” “Move B***h,” and “Saturday (Oooh Oooh!)”).
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com

PLANT

Re: Ludacris Nets #1 Album For Release Therapy
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 06:22:12 AM »
I cant believe Luda always sells so well.....Ive never been a huge fan of his, and his new album is his worst IMO....

Good for him tho :-\

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 08:36:21 AM »
Wow.  That is the highest selling hip-hop album since T.I. I think
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 09:23:29 AM »
People in the ATL support there own artist what more can you say.
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

BL7

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 09:53:01 AM »
Weird Al Yankovic sold 73,000 copies. That's more than I thought he would.

And good for Luda.

wcsoldier

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 09:58:20 AM »
Luda 4 first albums went all double platinum, this ain't a surprise..

WestCoasta

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2006, 01:02:38 PM »
man that single with Pharrell is soooo gay

Ludacris is only cool on some guest spots, can't handle a whole song by him haha

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2006, 03:45:56 PM »
im actually surprised. "money maker" didn't really get a lot of play (from what i've heard).
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

J Bananas

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 03:48:51 PM »
its amazing i know abunch of ppl from high school who are like "whatever" when it comes to music but they always buy luda's albums. back for the first time word of mouf and chicken and beer were all huge hits so now i think its pretty safe to buy a new album from him without much promotion or hearing it first

$Eg2$

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 03:54:30 PM »
Luda comes correct and the bitchez love his shit. Bigg Ups to Luda 8)

nppwrtwdt

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 04:50:03 PM »
who cares if the bitches like it. expect for him makin the money. cd was weak as fuck..

$Eg2$

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2006, 05:32:11 PM »
who cares if the bitches like it. expect for him makin the money. cd was weak as fuck..

SO I guess your lil young ass aint never been to a club then huh and see bitchez gettin down to music like Ludas huh :loser:

J Bananas

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2006, 05:34:14 PM »

and thats your introduction to negative karma

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2006, 06:16:55 PM »
im actually surprised. "money maker" didn't really get a lot of play (from what i've heard).
It was the second most played song in the US.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2006, 06:17:57 PM »
Money Maker was wack, and that's saying something coming from me, because I usually love Ludacris' singles. But now more then ever you need wack singles if you want radio play. Congrats to Luda on the sales. He's still got it.