Author Topic: Lloyd_Banks-Rotten_Apple-(Explicit)-2006  (Read 605 times)

nppwrtwdt

• Lil Geezy
Re: Lloyd_Banks-Rotten_Apple-(Explicit)-2006
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2006, 04:52:56 PM »
I've heard most of the album...not very impressed...

my fav tracks:

Rotten Apple
Cake
Help
You know the deal

Narrator

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2006, 05:08:27 PM »

How does this compare to his previous album? because I have got to be honest although the rhymes were not as sharp as you heard on the many mix tapes he had done beforehand I did enjoy listening to the album. Till the end and southside story were real gems imo.

It's not really worse than his last album...actually, it might even be better in some ways.  It's just that it doesn't sound different enough, either from his last or from G-Unit albums in general.  More freshness needed.

One thing I will say that G-Unit needs is better producers, and Banks at least does has some of that on this album.  Havoc produced "Rotten Apple", and that song pretty much tops anything else that follows (in fact, it got my expectations up cause it comes first).  Now that he's on G-Unit, he needs to start producing tracks for them much, MUCH more.  And while I'm at it, it probably wouldn't hurt to get Alchemist in the studio, too (Banks sounded good on the 1st Infantry record).  Also, Timbo wasn't a bad choice for "My House"...that joint has the kinda vibe that G-Unit could use more of.  It's all about diversity, diversity...I'm just tired of hearing the same sorts of mammoth keyboards and basslines so much.

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2006, 06:47:42 PM »
After listen #1, it doesn't sound that bad.  I am actually impressed considering all the comparison to Obie's album.  I like this more than Obie's.   I would say a solid 7/10 but overall not that bad for a sophomore album.
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

Raphael

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2006, 06:05:16 AM »
 :puke:

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2006, 06:28:06 AM »
Well, the sound of the album is completley different thatn Hunger For More which had more uptepmo and commercial friendly tracks. This one is really dark, grimey vibe sort of like Mobb Deeps cd.

Dope tracks: Rotten Apple, Survival, Playboy 2, Cake, Make A Move, Help, Addicted, You Know The Deal, Get Clapped, NY NY, One Night Stand, Iceman, Gilmores and Hands Up sounds dope becuase its the only uptempo track on the album

Wack: Stranger, Change

Lots of up and coming producers which has its advantages and disadvantages.

Compared to Hunger For More its like this:

Best tracks on HFM >>> best track on Rotten Apple
Vibe overall on Rotten Apple >> vibe HFM 

So I'd give this a 4/5

« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 06:32:32 AM by Detox is not not coming... »

Raphael

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2006, 11:58:37 AM »
well there was about 3 good songs on this one  >:(
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

$Eg2$