Author Topic: Damn did you guys know that you had to register for a random picking for WS  (Read 209 times)

acgrundy

tickets?  I did not know that.  Well I'm emailing everyone I know to register to increase my odds of being able to buy tix.  Anyone ever been to a world series game before?

herpes

mets have been doin it for the whole playoffs.  And only 10,000 tickets are made available a game.  And due to it being a online lottery it makes it even easier for these online ticket scaplers like stub hub to buy tickets and fuck over the fans.  And the system they have in place a lot of people are gettin turned away at the gate b/c the system is so fucked up.  People are showing and they are sayin there tickets were either stolen or voided b/c they purchased too many seats.  Like what happened to me and my friend.  For the mets your only allowed to buy 4 seats for the whole series.  My friends brother got 6.... 2 for game 2 and 4 for game 5.  Now when he did that the mets ticket office should of made him aware he couldnt do that, but they didnt.  Then after he got the tickets, the mets voided those seats and re-sold our seats and didnt send him a email telling him that like they were supposed to.  so me and my friend showed up to game 2, payed  18 bucks for parking and was parked in west bumblefuck only to get turned away

acgrundy

damn thats hella fucked up.  so you didn't get to go the game at all?  Did they refund the money for your tickets?

herpes

damn thats hella fucked up.  so you didn't get to go the game at all?  Did they refund the money for your tickets?

yea where get our money back for the tickets but its not about the money its the principle.  It really does put a damper on the playoffs for me.  This is my x-mas and that was like finding a lump of coal under the tree.

ecrazy

thats retarded, in so. cali, the sports and entertainment market feeds off the licensed brokers, they sell the brokers the tickets first to major events, then tax them, then the brokers tax you.....Ticketreserve.com is a good example.

acgrundy

yea where get our money back for the tickets but its not about the money its the principle.  It really does put a damper on the playoffs for me.  This is my x-mas and that was like finding a lump of coal under the tree.

naw I know its more about the game then the money but it woulda been even more fucked if you didn't get a refund.  So you don't get to go to any games of round 1?

herpes

naw I know its more about the game then the money but it woulda been even more fucked if you didn't get a refund.  So you don't get to go to any games of round 1?
nope... and i lost the lottery for the NLCS... so my only hope is i win the lottery for the world series.  But its a bunch of bull shit tho.  My old man is in a wheel chair. so we sit in the handicapped seats.  We got tickets for the NLDS and the WS no problem (even tho the mets didnt make the world series that year, tickets were still put on sale.)  We got tickets to game 5 of the subway series in 2005 no problem.  Even had choice of what game we wanted to go to.  Now with this ticket lottery thing we cant get tickets at all.  B/C online ticket scalpers are buying tickets in regular seats and the handicapped sections.  You got regular people that are entering the lottery and registering for handicapped seats even though there not handicapped.  Your telling me over the past 6 years there has been a influx of crippled mets fans, fuck outta here.  The mets are owned by jews and they dont give a fuck about the fans... as long as the jews get there money thats all they give a fuck about

acgrundy

damn thats horrible.  That really sucks for the real baseball fans.  I'll be going to my first playoff game next week.  I had some friends at the game yesterday and said it was the most exciting game they ever been to.  Said oakland was ecstatic.  So you wouldn't buy tix off of scalpers or is it too expensive?

herpes

damn thats horrible.  That really sucks for the real baseball fans.  I'll be going to my first playoff game next week.  I had some friends at the game yesterday and said it was the most exciting game they ever been to.  Said oakland was ecstatic.  So you wouldn't buy tix off of scalpers or is it too expensive?

For the NLCS i would go up to spending maybe spending 200-250 for a ticket but even that cheap would be hard to find and for the world series i would go up to 500 for a ticket but even that would be too cheap to find.  But yea playoff games are completely different enviorment.  I went to game 4 of the NLDS when todd pratt hit the series winnin HR in extra innings.  The crowd reaction was like nothing i have ever seen b4.  And i also went to game 5 of the subway series in 2000 and atmosphere outside the stadium b4 the game was something special.  Enjoy this time grundy it really is something special.