Author Topic: Your true feelings on snoop  (Read 480 times)

HBKid_Jr

Your true feelings on snoop
« on: December 12, 2001, 03:35:18 PM »
I was just how every feels about snoop,  cuz i noticed in tha past few days a lot of people have mixed feeling about him.  Personally I think he is mad overatted an lives off his death row days,  he fell off hard,  he has improved drastically over tha past few years,  but he has yet to put out an equal to his work on tha  chronic,  doggystyle,  an his other death row work,  he puts out decent stuff an i'll continue to buy it,  but tha thing is,  over tha past 5 years  he hasnt put out any classic tracks or anything groundbreakin like doggystyle except for tha exception of a few songs that have been 5/5,  an they usually had a guest appearence on it.  I just think a lot of people over rate him,  if he was able to put out great stuff like he is capable of,  i would have no problem callin him one of tha all-time greats but as it stands,  he is an under achevier in my opinion
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Sub-Z

Re: Your true feelings on snoop
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2001, 03:40:37 PM »

I was just how every feels about snoop,  cuz i noticed in tha past few days a lot of people have mixed feeling about him.  Personally I think he is mad overatted an lives off his death row days,  he fell off hard,  he has improved drastically over tha past few years,  but he has yet to put out an equal to his work on tha  chronic,  doggystyle,  an his other death row work,  he puts out decent stuff an i'll continue to buy it,  but tha thing is,  over tha past 5 years  he hasnt put out any classic tracks or anything groundbreakin like doggystyle except for tha exception of a few songs that have been 5/5,  an they usually had a guest appearence on it.  I just think a lot of people over rate him,  if he was able to put out great stuff like he is capable of,  i would have no problem callin him one of tha all-time greats but as it stands,  he is an under achevier in my opinion

i agree wit u 100%

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2001, 03:43:36 PM »
ya'll already know my feeling about him , but it's about people around here that i'm scared of , man over here , some people like snoop and some don't just like here , but people who dislike snoop here have some good point or some , no because he have beats by the pound, used the izzle thang, have some shitty lyric (nigga pleez  ::)) etc if u don't like snoop dogg give a good reason why u don't like him , like if i say i don't like pac, people over here will diss me b4 i can even explain myself but ya'll know i luv pac as much as i luv snoop , so

thats my problem cause people hates just fo hate , thatssome bullshit , u know how it goes , don't hate the playa hate the game.... i ain't talkin just fo snoop hatin tho , just lettin u  know
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2001, 03:55:29 PM »

over tha past 5 years  he hasnt put out any classic tracks or anything groundbreakin like doggystyle except for tha exception of a few songs that have been 5/5,  an they usually had a guest appearence on it

u goes against yourself sayin this , he hasn't put out any classic track but some exeption , so he did or he did not , thats is the question.... just  bitch please, in luv with a thug , ya'll gonna miss me , thoses track may not be some classic but the over some other artist tracks... just lay low is considered as a classic by the east coast people  the source... but in the BOARD , people are to much into detail n always want more, so ya'll can put a bigg X on the classic albums now , nobody gonna drop a classic no mo then , everytimes an artist as come near the classic mark , everyone was like " oh yeah that was hott but he could have done better "etc, jay-z puttin out a classic album , i disagree too but fo another reason i agree.. this classic is considerable cause of the person , they would gave this classic to nelly or someone.. they gave it too jay-z cause he was the most acclaimed in the streets , and they gave him the classic mark maybe not because his album was , his album may have get another 4.5/5 mark but nawww. classic , why , cause this classic had to shock people , thats what it did, now it's kind of a wake up call for the other artst to get real with there music n shit... some artist may have seen this and said "oh shit, i can't put this shit out if jay-z got a classic , whut the fuck , i got to putt some greatest shit ... n they puttin some better stuff on the streets. i'm thinkin of , ras kass .. he may have think like this or some , talkin about too much bootleggers like jay-z said.. busta rhymes , who got a great album .. i'm sure nobody remembers the world extention level events.. well genesis is way better let me tell u..... anyways  ya know whut i'm talkin bout , n thats real . fa shizzle man
gives me dopeness"                                   

WS

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2001, 04:02:32 PM »
snoop is straight biatch
i wouldnt hate on him if he wasent rappin about crips and bein a gangsta cause that what makes me so pissed off. That nigga aint bein to tha hood in over 8 years. and that nigga would never say shit to suge's face so he should just shut the fuck up and change his rappin style or just retire
like pac said:
All these old rappers tryin to advance/
its all over now take it like a man/

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2001, 04:07:45 PM »

snoop is straight biatch

kool

That nigga aint bein to tha hood in over 8 years.

hmmmm , how do u know ???

and that nigga would never say shit to suge's face so he should just shut the fuck up and change his rappin style or just retire

yeah right, so u gangsta now , nigga pleez   ::)

i ain't gonna reply no more cause thats how people feel about snoop n i respect that , ain't everybody who can love snoop dogg, i accecpt it but what this nigga is sayin is straigh bullshit , he catch this shit on some sites n cut n paste them here , nigga you the bitch   >:(
gives me dopeness"                                   

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2001, 04:08:32 PM »
i love him , but i wish he'd utilize his talents and would quit being lazy

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

WS

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2001, 04:14:00 PM »

i ain't gonna reply no more cause thats how people feel about snoop n i respect that , ain't everybody who can love snoop dogg, i accecpt it but what this nigga is sayin is straigh bullshit , he catch this shit on some sites n cut n paste them here , nigga you the bitch   >:(

get off snoops dick
that nigga is a biatch foe real
tell him to do that c-walk in a blood set with none of his home boyz

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2001, 04:20:11 PM »
::) nigga i luv his dick , hmmm feel good , hmmm u want some fagg ???  now ,  snoop doesn't have to do this , only a fool like u  can be thinkin of a suicidal shit like this , plus bloods already know snoop is a crip fool... what ya sayin have no sense i can't even tell  why u trippin over snoop like this , whut does the nigga does to you , if it was you brother or your dad , u would ask him to go fool around in front of blood set , nigga nobody's stupid like that  even if u ain't in no gang shit they gonna bust yo ass off  quick man fo foolin them .... anyways   ::)
gives me dopeness"                                   

krazyk

• 'G'
  • East, West, every state, c'mon, bury the hate! -MASE
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2001, 05:21:19 PM »
i will agree that snoop's songs have dropped off since doggystyle, but i still love his music.  He needs to achieve his full potential though, and he has a lot of potential too.  I wish everyone would quit saying he ain't a thug anymore, who cares? he has a wife and kids, he doesn't need to go back to the ghetto or whatever.  And people are always talking about rappers losing their street credibility, who cares...are your raps only cool if you came from the hood? are you cool cause you used to or still do sell drugs? people move on with their lives, and if i was a rapper and made a lot of money, i sure as hell wouldn't go back to the ghetto and live.  I give snoop a lot of credit for getting out of the hood and making something of himself, and having a wife and kids.  He has matured a lot over the past few years, and i think he sets a good example for other rappers as well.  The world doesn't need feuds and beefs, the world needs love right now..i know a lot of people think they are cool cause they got street credibility and all, but it don't really matter if you do or you don't in my opinion, as long as you make good music.  People can't help where they grow up, in the hood or not...Hopefully snoop will step up his game on his next album, and utilize some of his potential...
"Get my drink on, and my smoke on, then go home with somethin to poke on"- Dr. Dre

Big BpG

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2001, 05:31:04 PM »
Personally... he'll always be my favorite rapper, but I think anyone who is still waiting for another "Doggystyle" needs to stop waiting.  That album was so fresh, so new that it would be so hard to even reach that level again. To me, people who want another Doggystyle aren't really fans of "music" ... Doggystyle was a party album the whole way... there is not one song on that album that has any moral relief what so ever. It's still my favorite album though. When I talk to people personally in my real life... they'll always tell me

"Snoop fell hard.... his first one was real good though"

these people are the average listeners... Snoop doesn't appeal to the "average" anymore... but I don't think that's bad at all... he's still bringing tight music, in fact I will say it loud and clear... his music now... is some of the best music in Rap and Hip Hop today... However his Doggystyle album Is on a Bar so high that people won't except it unless it's at the same level...

-Big BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2001, 05:33:35 PM »
man , u hypin the album on my mind lol

yeah i agree with tha out the hood thang , if  you're in the ghetto u always wish to exit and have a good life  with wife n kids like snoop does... n artist don't give a fuck about whut ya'll sayin bout them , they makin money on your head any oddawm way man  ;D
gives me dopeness"                                   

krazyk

• 'G'
  • East, West, every state, c'mon, bury the hate! -MASE
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2001, 05:41:16 PM »
well stated big bpg, people gotta be original with their music, and snoop's doggystyle along with his appearance on the chronic were original, and can't and shouldn't be recreated, this doesn't mean he shouldn't use that style anymore, its just that like big bpg said, there will never be another doggystyle or the chronic or illmatic or whatever, and as snoop says, "time brings change and change brings time" People's music evolves in time, for the better or for the worst, and when rappers have a classic debut album like those three are, its almost impossible to make something that people will like more than it.  People always saying rappers are fallin off, which can be true, but a lot of times they experiment with different producers etc., and they need time to get in the groove again, and people will always have that person's best album in mind, and will always compare it to that, and a lot of times its  not easy to top
"Get my drink on, and my smoke on, then go home with somethin to poke on"- Dr. Dre

Big BpG

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2001, 05:41:21 PM »

snoop is straight biatch
i wouldnt hate on him if he wasent rappin about crips and bein a gangsta cause that what makes me so pissed off. That nigga aint bein to tha hood in over 8 years. and that nigga would never say shit to suge's face so he should just shut the fuck up and change his rappin style or just retire
like pac said:
All these old rappers tryin to advance/
its all over now take it like a man/

That's a very ignorant comment... I mean seriously... the old Snoop who was saying.... "Put A Nigga On His Back" is the the same Snoop who was saying "Live by the Gun, Die By The Gun"
he's also the same Snoop that said... "You can take me out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of me" .... seriously though, I could give a fuck what he has to say about the ghetto... it's just a damn neighborhood in Long Beach California... If I move out to Seattle am I no longer real because I dont live in

"The Greentree Neighborhood Of Milwaukee Wisocnsin??"

NO! But I'll never forget my life while living there... I mean shit...... If you hate Snoop because he talks about a life that is 8 years behind him, then you should hate any rapper who raps today...period! You know damn well, there is not one "mainstream" rapper today who does not live in the same neighborhood... people never give Dre shit about rapping about the gang life... or Suge Knight... Deathrow Records is located in Hollywood... so are they now pimped by the celebrity high life.... I mean damn.... ignorance is all over this shit

-Big BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2001, 05:43:32 PM »

i love him , but i wish he'd utilize his talents and would quit being lazy

Lazy? man, tell dat shit 2 bone thugs, them fools aint had an album out in nearly 3 years, and im goin crazy...........
Talk about lazy........lol.........u dont know wat lazy is........

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!