Author Topic: New YOung Buck interview (album news, addresses Game's peace offer...)  (Read 228 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
MVRemix: How's it goin'?

Young Buck: I'm well bro, I'm on the way to these projects tryin' to make it through this fuckin' traffic.

MVRemix: How do you view yourself?

Young Buck: Ah man, I definitely see myself still growin'. I also see myself as fallin' more into a business aspect too with the game, more than just in the same mode where I'm at. Hold on one second.
[unknown voice] What's up boy boi?
[Buck begins shouting at a friend] I'm good man, tryin' to get through this traffic right quick. You aight? [Buck shouts out his phone number]
My bad bro, go ahead, repeat yourself...

MVRemix: What would you say is the biggest misconception people have of you?
Young Buck: Man, the biggest misconception I think people have of me is pretty much that... There is so much violence and things of that other nature in G-Unit that they feel like I'm on that, sometimes people be scared to ask for an autograph. You know, I think that the perception of so much of my life as far as the Vibe awards and shit like that, certain people have that perspective of you know what, Buck is just that gorilla nigga and whoopdy whoop. True enough, at the end of the day I am about handling my business but I'm still a human being. I ain't got no problems with nobody that ain't got no problems with me. 80% of it, you get just a cool laidback dude. The other 20%, it gets fucked up at times. But most of Buck is just a laidback, cool cat until you fuck with him on the wrong way and then he turns into the animal.

MVRemix: Sort of going on from that, were you cautious at all about wearing the "Don't make me do it" t-shirt with the knife? How did you feel about that before wearing it?

Young Buck: Nah, that was definitely like a... It wasn't a way of me trying to speak or benefit or nothin' from the Vibe awards. The law enforcement had made me go through so much before actually coming in that building from what had stimulated from the Vibe awards and just bein' so fuckin' scared of me. I just felt like, "You know what? Let me rub it in in these people faces real quick." Because I went through things of the nature of where they sit me at, they sit police all round me. You know what I'm sayin'? Shit like that. I'm at a fuckin' awards show tryin' to enjoy myself, but every move I make, there's a officer there. And even before I had entered the building, they had sent up messages and paperworks that they wanted me to comply by, before even going. So I was like, let me rub it in on these motherfuckers a little bit. It was my way of saying "Fuck the police. Fuck y'all." Straight up.

MVRemix: Sort of going back to your words about being more business minded, can you tell me a little bit about Cashville Records and what's going on with it?

Young Buck: Yeah, Cashville Records is pretty much... G-Unit South, as you may hear me yell through a lot of things and you may see the shirts moving, is like the movement of what I'm doing; Cashville Records. G-Unit South is the name I really wanted to name my label, G-Unit South Records, but Interscope owns the name as G-Unit as a brand. So for me to take my label and say go get a deal with Def Jam/ Atlantic/Universal, something like that, it would've caused conflict. So I didn't wanna go through that, and I wanted to bring somethin' new to the game and that's where we came up with Cashville Records. Actually bro, I got a group that goes by the name 615. That's me, a cat that goes by the name Lil' Murda, another cat that goes by the name D-Tay, and a cat by the name Hi-C, and myself. We formed the group 615 which is the area code of my city, Cashville, so it's like that's the first project that you can look to drop off of Cashville Records.
I'm in negotiations with a few credible artists that we all know, I just choose not to say they names until it's all the way official. I'm in the middle of a negotiation war I would say, with these other labels. With them knowing that I can take my thing outside of Interscope, a lot of different labels is coming and saying what they can do. I'm pretty much lookin' for a label to have that same family feelin', if I can't do my thing with Interscope, 'cause I deal with people from the heart, not the hand.
It ain't about the money with me, I just look for someone that's in control, that has an urban market already set up within their label outside of Interscope. If that's the case, if somebody that ain't that much away from the artist that they do business with, where he can't be hands on with 'em, like if he have a problem - to pick up the phone and call the boss boss. You see what I'm sayin'? So I definitely wanna be on point with another label. I've never thought of takin' nothin' outside of Interscope, but the ropes with Interscope with the G-Unit alone is ridiculous, so where I'm goin', I probably have to go somewhere else.

MVRemix: So there's been no tension there, it's just a strictly business thing?

Young Buck: Nah man, strictly business. I'm not 'bout no bullshit, right. Even the beef situations that you've been gettin' through, as far as the Unit with the Game, the bullshit with the Game and Fat Joe, and Jadakiss... You won't get none of that shit out of this new record, "Buck The World," droppin' November 28th! But you just gonna get straight, feel good hood music.
I just feel like there's been enough thrown out from they end, from my end, where the people could do they own judgement on who's real and who's fake and what's real and what's fake, and shit like that. I choose to almost fall back and in a sense, if them dudes keep on continuing to push they beef lines and whatever. It'll be ways and... Shit'll be handled. It just won't be handled through the rap thing no more, 'cause I'ma tell you a little somethin', it's like if you know I've got a problem with these so-called dudes, and I know I got a problem with 'em, who else knows I got a problem with 'em?

MVRemix: Obviously yeah.

Young Buck: The police. I'm in a situation where my life's so real life and there's been so much real shit to come along with me and it's like that, that when shit happens bro, I get them visions from them homicide detectives and shit of that nature. So I gotta keep my shit on the end of a nigga who's out in the fuckin' streets, for real. You see what I'm sayin'?

MVRemix: Do you have any thoughts on the recent comments that Game made apologizing in a way to G-Unit, trying to make amens?

Young Buck: Well you know what, in a sense, I'm payin' attention and I'm hearin', even watchin' and seein' his comments in his ho way. I honestly feel like, as far as with me, like I said, you won't get none of that shit anyway 'cause I feel like I'm too much out here in these streets to be reppin' some petty ass shit. It ain't about that. Now if it's real, we can rep this shit all day, but this shit ain't seemin' like it's that real. So to hear Game sayin' do that, I don't feel like I know whether that's true or not, just bein' and seein' a point in time where he's actually been and sayin' he's done this before, where he's like, "I ain't on no beef shit."
It started like this, where he actually called Spider Loc's phone at a point in time and he speakin' on he didn't wanna have a... His words was he wanted to throw in the towel, and I went as far as gettin' at 50 [Cent] and lettin' 50 know, "Yo, this dude ain't really with that shit" or whatever, "This dude is goin' on..." And you know what 50 words was to me at the time? He said, "You know what Buck? I give him a week, and he'll be right back on some dissin' shit Buck." At the time I was lookin' at 50 like "Damn," maybe 50 a little too hard considering this dude is sittin' here sayin' he don't want no problems. Then 50 was like, "Fuck that, this nigga gon' continue to do this shit."
It wasn't even a week bro, it was like a day later, I promise you on my kids, dude was right back on the radio on some ol' dissin' shit. So it's kind of like a boy cryin' wolf in a sense, that you can do so much, and then when it's real you don't know what the fuck to believe. Whether it's real or not, you're not gettin' it from me, 'cause I feel like it's real with me regardless of whether it's real or not with somebody else. I know what it's like with me, and you're not gonna get it from me. And if it's really that way with dude, then in the future we will see from fans and from us in G-Unit, if that's the way you feel, and there's voices... Actions speak louder than words. Bottom line.

MVRemix: Tell me about "Buck The World" - producers, guests, things of that nature...

Young Buck: Man, "Buck The World" is crazy man. The lyrical content in this record is just... The title pretty much represents the content, they wouldn't let me name my album "Fuck The World." [chuckles] So I named it "Buck The World," like with my first record I wanted people to understand who I am, where I'm from and what I'm 'bout, and I got that. I was good to have platinum success out of that. But with this "Buck The World" record, I didn't hold nothin' back. I worked with major producers, major features... You're gettin' production from Dr. Dre, Eminem... You're gettin' production from Lil' Jon, DJ Paul, you're gettin' production from Timbaland. You're gettin' production from Hi-Tek, Justus League... A lot of big, big producers down here bringin' that real grown up feel to my record. Then you're gonna get features like...
[Buck honks his horn angrily]
You're gonna get features like me, T.I., Pimp C and Young Jeezy on the hook. Actually that record leaked just yesterday, titled "3 Kings," so get up on it quick, it's crazy. Shit, you're gonna get records like me, Snoop Dogg and Trick Daddy together, records with me, Bun B, Eightball & MJG together. Records with me and Lyfe, me and Trey Songz. I got a lot of features, what I did was combined a lot of features on this album so I could save a lot of room for my own solo record as an artist. So you're gettin' a lot of features, but you're gettin' a lot of Young Buck as well. You're gettin' more of Young Buck then the features.
MVRemix: How many songs did you record for the album?

Young Buck: Ah cuz, honest and simple I got like two-three hundred records. That's why you're gettin' so much mixtape material from me, it's because I got so much music and it's like I feel if I continue to hold this shit, I feel like the music will start to outdate itself. So I start to throw out music everywhere. I got the newest... I just got an XL in the XXL. I'm gettin' higher ratings on my mixtapes then people albums right now. If you look in the latest XXL, boy, I got an XL and half the artists that got they albums out, they got mediums, M's and shit. So it's crazy. My latest one that I got out is titled "Welcome To The Traphouse," DJ Drama/Gangsta Grillz and then I got out a "Chronic 2006" with [DJ] Whoo Kid, hosted by Jamie Foxx. The first mixtape I put out was "Case Dismissed" and it was another Gangsta Grillz by DJ Drama.

MVRemix: Will you be having "Welcome To The Traphouse" screwed like OG Ron C did the last one?

Young Buck: Yeah, yeah, yeah, hell yeah, I've got to have that screwed. That's something that once you so far down south, a lot of them just listen to that music that way, and then out of respect for the late, great DJ Screw. We're tryin' to school them big on him.

MVRemix: With the anniversary of Katrina having recently passed, did you contribute anything to the Katrina efforts?

Young Buck: You damn right! Me and the Unit as a whole crew, we got a thing called G-Unity, it's our foundation, and what we do is donate a lot of things, to when a lot of natural disasters happen around the world. Katrina was one of them, we sent like a warehouse full of clothes and things for 'em. Not even that, we just do so much bro. I do everything. A lot of different give-aways bro, I keep the project lights on. I do so much in my city bro, so many charity events. The Fanny Annie-Mae Children's home, I just donated them a $25,000 cheque a month ago. Giving things is the way that we receive, I think by giving so much is the way that we receive so much. The giving things that's the way we win, by giving. You gotta give to receive. Know what I mean?

http://www.mvremix.com/urban/intervi...ung_buck.shtml

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: New YOung Buck interview (album news, addresses Game's peace offer...)
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 05:58:03 AM »
props :)

btw...i think ours (dubcnn's) may cause a stir ;D

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 06:20:09 AM »

Lol Nima is hyping it up too. Up it you bastards  ;D

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 06:26:32 AM »
hehe ;D we will, being finalised now!! :)

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

$Eg2$

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 12:39:15 PM »
Props on the interview detox cant wait for the Dubcnn one to drop

eg2 8)

kingwell

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 01:27:59 PM »

Can't wait!