Author Topic: 2Pac "Pac's Life" Album Tracklisting & Features Info!!!!  (Read 1539 times)

Quadruple OG

Re: 2Pac "Pac's Life" Album Tracklisting & Features Info!!!!
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2006, 11:37:35 AM »
Its sad but I just cant see myself supporting these releases.  Why should we allow them to "dup" us like that.  Seer said it right, we want mixed down, CDQ as close to original songs as possible.  Because we know the original stuff exists we cant fooled into buying anything less.  They can fool some of the new cats who just got into Pac and have no clue how dope things where in the 90's.  Those are the people that I could see possibly getting into a Pac \ G-Unit colab, but not me. 

I already responded to 'seer when he said the same thing (which you can read below).  Just to add on, everyone would love an unreleased, original boxed set of ALL of Pac's unreleased songs.  However, it's not going to happen.  As Pac and Johnny J's chemistry together was great, they sampled and interpolated a little TOO much.  Money wise, it would cost a shitload of money for Afeni, Suge, Interscope, etc. to get every song cleared to be released in its original form.  Not to defend what Afeni did to the "Loyal to the game" album, but if you're a CEO and you're looking to make money with a release, do you

1) Spend the money to clear every sample and pay every artist that appeared for not just the appearance fees, but for every copy of the album that's sold?

or

2) Take advantage of popular artists that would greatly reduce their appearance fee (supposedly Eminem did the production on the album for Free just to be a part of the 2pac legacy) just to be on the same track as the GOAT, use original beats, and pay off the artists that were on the originals only once?

It's not like Afeni is buying Maybach's, cases of Hennessey, Air Force One's and 20 mansions with the money she's making off of releasing 2pac albums.  Most of that money is probably going to the different 2pac related charities and that Performing arts school in ATL.  The music may suck ass, but the money spent is being used for better things than the money made by every rap artist out.

i know that the excuse in many cases has been "but the tracks weren't complete".. but with street life we know damn well (that outside maybe some mixing down) the track IS complete enough

The tracks may be complete, but depending on the samples that were used, it might cost a lot of money to get clearance to use a beat.  One example is with the last album, since Prince wouldn't clear the "If I was your girlfriend" sample for "Thugs Get Lonely Too", thus they had to use an outside producer.  Also, with it being 2pac, a lot of artists/producers will drop or reduce their appearance fee so that they could claim they were on a track with 2pac.

yup i agree 100%.. fan's want what they know exists.. we don't want 'remixed' bullshit.. we want mixed finalised tracks as much as poss..

Loyal to the Game went platinum, Better Days and Until the End of Time went multi platinum.  Shit, even the much hated on Nu-Mixx classics went Gold.  So obviously fans are buying it.  Believe it or not, it's only a small percentage of fans that actually know about the originals when you compare it to the music buying public.

d-nice

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2006, 11:48:40 AM »
Nu Mixx Klassiks did not go gold. That or the Live album.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2006, 11:52:38 AM »

It sold over 360,000 in the United States, probably did go gold worldwide, I'd have to double check that one.  But the point remains the same, there are fans that will buy anything with "2pac" on it.

$Eg2$

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2006, 11:54:15 AM »
^^^ Not the real fans maybe sum newbies or sum bitchez not me what are you the New 2 Pac Material spokeperson ???

Quadruple OG

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2006, 11:58:37 AM »
^^^ Not the real fans maybe sum newbies or sum bitchez not me what are you the New 2 Pac Material spokeperson ???

I'm just stating the truth.  XXL had it in the 2pac tribute issue that it sold 360,000 in the US alone.  According to Wikipedia the "Live at the House of Blue's" album is platinum, although I don't remember hearing about it being certified at all.

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2006, 12:00:37 PM »
Yeah, I agree that it would cost too much money to release all of the originals due to clearance/sample fees.  I don't understand why she just doesn't leak the originals (CD quality).  Mixtape the shit, just leak it!  Where would the harm be in that?

Quadruple OG

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2006, 12:04:57 PM »
Yeah, I agree that it would cost too much money to release all of the originals due to clearance/sample fees.  I don't understand why she just doesn't leak the originals (CD quality).  Mixtape the shit, just leak it!  Where would the harm be in that?

She could do that, like Tha Outlawz are supposedly doing with their Death Row album, but the problem is with a lot of the material, she has to co-release with Suge and Interscope, and I don't think Suge or Jimmy Iovine would like the idea of giving away shit for free when you could make serious money selling originals. 

Remember, Death Row a few years ago was advertising a 4-disc boxed set of 2pac originals prior to Afeni getting involved and the result was UTEOT and Better Days

d-nice

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2006, 12:05:46 PM »

It sold over 360,000 in the United States, probably did go gold worldwide, I'd have to double check that one.  But the point remains the same, there are fans that will buy anything with "2pac" on it.

Yeah people are still buying it, but sales are steadily dropping. look at all of the releases after he died

Still I Rise 2 X plat

Until The End Of Time (dd) 3 X Plat

Better Dayz (dd) 2 X Plat

Loyal 2 The Game Plat

Ressurrection Plat

Nu Mixx/Pac Live album 0 in U.S.

People are getting fed up and they want those originals. Or at least a better representation of what Pac's music is and what it probably would sound like. And each of those albums up to the most recent ones they use Johnny J, Outlawz, Thug Life and actual Pac collaborators less and less. I don't mind if they remix it, but give back also to the people he worked with. Johnny J should be a executive producer or at least overseer on these projects. And that House of Blues dvd is UNCUT & ORIGINAL.

d-nice

« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2006, 12:13:58 PM »
I still go out and support even the remixed albums because I believe the money is going to a good cause, but some of the collabos they come up with are suspect. I mean people damn near rioted when Nas was on Betta Dayz.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2006, 12:17:13 PM »
People are getting fed up and they want those originals. Or at least a better representation of what Pac's music is and what it probably would sound like. And each of those albums up to the most recent ones they use Johnny J, Outlawz, Thug Life and actual Pac collaborators less and less. I don't mind if they remix it, but give back also to the people he worked with. Johnny J should be a executive producer or at least overseer on these projects. And that House of Blues dvd is UNCUT & ORIGINAL.

Depends on which people because 10 years later, there's two different group of rap fans.  One group consists of everyone that was listeing to rap while Pac was alive who know the music he's capable of making and pay enough attention to fnd the originals.  This consists of pretty much the majority of dubcnn, wcrydaz, etc.  We're the group of people that know about the unreleased classics and know what they have to work with.  However, this group is the minority.

The other group is a new generation of rap fans that haven't heard the originals, or any Pac album while he was alive.  They hear Pac music that's being released now and think it's the shit because all the newer generation artists are on it (G-Unit, Eminem, Akon, Chamillionaiire, Kanye, etc.).  Sadly these are the majority and they are the ones that are buying the albums.  Plus you factor in that music sales in general are down because of the internet (which wasn't in full effect in the mid 90's), and yea, album sales across the board will be slow.  Ironically, because of this, going Gold is starting to mean something again, since for a while music sales were inflated like baseball stats because of the bubblegum pop groups and singers.  But back to the point, they hear the Pac tracks, and the beats and production are more relevent to this era of rap than in the mid 90's.

Odds are, the only person that could possibly release the originals as they were would be Suge, because he made Pac into a superstar and he's more in touch with what the Pac fans than Afeni/Jimmy Iovine are.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 12:18:51 PM by "The Mongoose" Billy Joe Cuthbert »

d-nice

« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2006, 12:25:06 PM »

Depends on which people because 10 years later, there's two different group of rap fans.  One group consists of everyone that was listeing to rap while Pac was alive who know the music he's capable of making and pay enough attention to fnd the originals.  This consists of pretty much the majority of dubcnn, wcrydaz, etc.  We're the group of people that know about the unreleased classics and know what they have to work with.  However, this group is the minority.

The other group is a new generation of rap fans that haven't heard the originals, or any Pac album while he was alive.  They hear Pac music that's being released now and think it's the shit because all the newer generation artists are on it (G-Unit, Eminem, Akon, Chamillionaiire, Kanye, etc.).  Sadly these are the majority and they are the ones that are buying the albums.  Plus you factor in that music sales in general are down because of the internet (which wasn't in full effect in the mid 90's), and yea, album sales across the board will be slow.  Ironically, because of this, going Gold is starting to mean something again, since for a while music sales were inflated like baseball stats because of the bubblegum pop groups and singers.  But back to the point, they hear the Pac tracks, and the beats and production are more relevent to this era of rap than in the mid 90's.

Odds are, the only person that could possibly release the originals as they were would be Suge, because he made Pac into a superstar and he's more in touch with what the Pac fans than Afeni/Jimmy Iovine are.

People know about the originals. If Pac is on a song with Akon you can pretty much figure out that there is a OG cut somewhere. The same issues Pac fans have with this BIG fans have with that last album. I personally have like alot of the remixed songs UTEOT was bangin, Better Dayz was tight. LTTG even had some good tracks, my issue is some of these collabos. How is it that Johnny J had HEAVY influence on Better Dayz but not on other ones? Tha Outlawz is a no brainer, something would definitely be up if they are not on a album. Even the Yaki Kadafi appearances are altered or cut out. Change the beats but leave the lyrics.

d-nice

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2006, 12:46:17 PM »
Johnny J would come back and do those remixed songs justice. His would be as good if not better than his first ones with Pac. Better Dayz had really good production and so did UETOT but those tried to stick with actual producers or ones that really put their all into the record. I have heard better Eminem tracks on G Unit collabos then what was on LTTG. Producers need to step they game up when they touch Pac's shit. Alot of people have heard the OG so your shit better be poppin. 

Quadruple OG

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2006, 12:57:34 PM »
was reading a post on wcrydaz by someone claiming that they got in touch with Amaru.  Supposedly that tracklisting is fake and that the real one is coming out next week

d-nice

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2006, 01:06:11 PM »
That's good to hear. You always have 2 or 3 fake tracklistings floating around when a 2Pac album comes out.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2006, 01:21:50 PM »
2. Dumpin (feat. Papoose)
5. Soon As I Get Home (feat. Chamillionaire and Akon)
16. Play Ya Cardz Right (Kanye Remix) (feat. Kanye West and GLC)

www.westcoastrydaz.com

oh no, 3 of my favorite unreleased tracks are gonna get slaughtered
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"