Author Topic: Snoop Too Gangsta For The Radio?  (Read 770 times)

J Bananas

Re: Snoop Too Gangsta For The Radio?
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2006, 02:35:09 PM »
bottom line it wasnt a catchy hook, especially the "run nigga run" part, and its violent. there's nothing appealing to commercial radio about this song aside from the fact that its a neptunes and snoop track. thats what gets it the few plays it does.

WestCoasta

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2006, 02:38:48 PM »
^^^ ya, it's just that you know when a single has a buzz.... and this sure doesn't have one whatsoever

and he's got like a month before his album comes out

like I said, dude might have trouble pushing gold.... it'll take him a minute to get to platinum

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2006, 04:08:46 PM »
Don't take about if he'll sell. Every Snoop album has sold, TBCT will sell too, cause it's Snoop. He's still in the mind of people because of sing like "Buttons" or "Say Something". Vato is a cool track I think, Candy is great when you listen to the edited version and when u realize that MC Eiht goes hyphy on it (!). That's That Shit is cool, too but nuthin special. I'd love to hear the Snoop/Kam track "murder, murder" must be great! And please more soopafly beats, this guy is a genius!
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2006, 05:05:57 PM »
bottom line it wasnt a catchy hook, especially the "run nigga run" part, and its violent. there's nothing appealing to commercial radio about this song aside from the fact that its a neptunes and snoop track. thats what gets it the few plays it does.

Thats what I like about the song.  Snoops taking chances by putting this single out.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

Kaligula

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2006, 05:57:17 PM »

Thats what I like about the song.  Snoops taking chances by putting this single out.

I was gonna say just the same thing. I like it too. Snoop caught all that heat for his pop singles off the last album, and not that he's doin' some gangsta shit now everyone's saying it's not "commercial" enough?

J Bananas

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2006, 06:00:09 PM »
^i am just saying its not commercial enough for radio, and personally i fuckin hate radio. i dont have any major problems with the song itself its really grown on me, but the thread is about its commercial success or its lack there of

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2006, 06:24:11 PM »
Vato is not a good single...and I see it more as a street single, plus "Thats That Shit" is not a Good Follow Up...
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

kingwell

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2006, 09:26:20 PM »
This is good.  Maybe it will act as encouragement to other artists...

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2006, 04:39:15 AM »
This is good.  Maybe it will act as encouragement to other artists...

Exactly. At least hes not following the pattern.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2006, 11:18:34 PM »
I find it weird that Snoop didnt use his Return with Dr.Dre as promotion for the new album..

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2006, 03:32:04 AM »
he did, there was an article on billboard.com a few weeks ago.  ;)
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2006, 02:02:56 PM »
Does Vato get any spins were you guys are from?

all the time