Author Topic: will the Dallas Mavericks win the championship in 07?  (Read 297 times)

Cowboy

will the Dallas Mavericks win the championship in 07?
« on: October 15, 2006, 04:01:10 PM »
I think so because Shaq and his Heat are going down this year and Josh Howard is going to have a blowout season and Nowitzki is going to remain the best player in the league. Miami got very lucky last year after a bad start.

WC Iz Active

Re: will the Dallas Mavericks win the championship in 07?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 04:04:23 PM »
They are my favorites right now.

Heat : no chance at winning another title this year.
Suns : Amare coming back might actually hurt them this year after what they did last year w/out him.  I think Amare might affect the chemistry all year.
Pistons :  Ben Wallace is overated but he is valuable enough that I can say Detroit cant go all the way without him.  Plus they have no depth

So yeah right now Dallas would be my pick to go all the way.

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 06:07:26 PM »
Nope
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 10:46:50 PM »
Unless the refs completely hand them the trophy AGAIN, which I doubt, no chance in hell...The 5 teams who I say can take it all this year, in no particular order...

Spurs
Lakers
Mavs
Pistons
Bulls

WC Iz Active

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 10:52:19 PM »
Unless the refs completely hand them the trophy AGAIN, which I doubt, no chance in hell...The 5 teams who I say can take it all this year, in no particular order...

Spurs
Lakers
Mavs
Pistons
Bulls

I agree but Lakers as your top 5?  Thats a stretch hell if the Jazz are healthy they will be as good or better than LA.  anyways besides the other 4 teams on your list the Pacers, Kings, Clippers, Suns, Cavs, Heat, Rockets should all be on that list cause they all are just as good or better than the Lakers heading into the season. Not dogging the Lakers they have a very nice future but you are kind of overating them.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 10:54:38 PM by Cali'z Finest »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 10:56:40 PM »
LMAO...Cavs? Pacers? Jazz? Rockets? KINGS?!... better than the Lakers?  You're stretching it, homie.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 09:26:53 AM »
Lol @ the refs handing them the trophy. The Mavs are a great team, no one deserved to make it to the finals more than them.

Will they win a campionship? No. The Mavs are the new Jazz. They're gonna be the great team that keeps getting fucked over in the finals by the hyped up player and his team.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 10:17:32 AM »
LMAO...Cavs? Pacers? Jazz? Rockets? KINGS?!... better than the Lakers?  You're stretching it, homie.

You telling me the Pacers arent as talented as the Lakers? They are just as athletic, but the real question is if Tinsley can stay healthy..
Steven Jackson, Al Harrington, J.O., Grainger, Marquis Daniels, Tinsley, theres tons of talent there.
And youll see how good the Kings are with Artest all year...LMAO at you putting the KINGS in caps...like the lakers are THAT much better...

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 10:26:19 AM »

You telling me the Pacers arent as talented as the Lakers? They are just as athletic, but the real question is if Tinsley can stay healthy..
Steven Jackson, Al Harrington, J.O., Grainger, Marquis Daniels, Tinsley, theres tons of talent there.
And youll see how good the Kings are with Artest all year...LMAO at you putting the KINGS in caps...like the lakers are THAT much better...

Kobe is the split between talent on the Lakers and Pacers, he pushes them to another level. Lakers minus Kobe are a SLIGHTLY less talented team than the Pacers this year...With Kobe, it's a whole different story. We're contenders. And the Kings just hired a new coach and parted ways with a more reliable player they wanted to keep in Bonzi Wells...They'll be lucky to make the playoffs this season. Pacers will be a lower seeded playoff team in the east. Lakers would be a top 3 team in the east, guaranteed...PeACe

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 10:32:01 AM »

Kobe is the split between talent on the Lakers and Pacers, he pushes them to another level. Lakers minus Kobe are a SLIGHTLY less talented team than the Pacers this year...With Kobe, it's a whole different story. We're contenders. And the Kings just hired a new coach and parted ways with a more reliable player they wanted to keep in Bonzi Wells...They'll be lucky to make the playoffs this season. Pacers will be a lower seeded playoff team in the east. Lakers would be a top 3 team in the east, guaranteed...PeACe

i agree but he did miss over 30 games..I just think people underestimate how talented Artest really is...and a supporting cast of Bibby, Martin, Thomas, Salmons, Miller, Shareef, Garcia isnt bad..and look out for Justin Williams hes gonna be good he reminds me of Hakim Warrick...And i still dont believe the Lakers are a top 3 team like you think...well just have to wait and see

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2006, 11:02:55 AM »

i agree but he did miss over 30 games..I just think people underestimate how talented Artest really is...and a supporting cast of Bibby, Martin, Thomas, Salmons, Miller, Shareef, Garcia isnt bad..and look out for Justin Williams hes gonna be good he reminds me of Hakim Warrick...And i still dont believe the Lakers are a top 3 team like you think...well just have to wait and see

I said they'd be a top 3 team in the east...As of now, they're definitely a top 5 team to me, but we'll just have to see how the season plays out. As for the Kings, I never said they were a bad team, it's just that there is heavy competition in their division and I don't really see the Kings comin' out on top of things (or anywhere near, for that matter)...PeACe