Author Topic: A's fire Ken Macha, Cubs and Lou Piniella agree to 3 year deal.  (Read 181 times)

WC Iz Active

A's fire Ken Macha, Cubs and Lou Piniella agree to 3 year deal.
« on: October 16, 2006, 01:34:35 PM »
Good move for the A's although they had a good year and have a nice future I never thought Macha was much good as a manager.  Alot of the players didnt like him so this doesnt come as much of a surprise to me.

I also like the move for the Cubs.  I have always felt Dusty was a good coach but it was obvious it wasnt working with him and I think Lou will fit in well with the team.  I'm not sure how much better they will be cause Wood and Prior are always hurt but they cant be worse then they were this year.

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: A's fire Ken Macha, Cubs and Lou Piniella agree to 3 year deal.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 04:23:41 PM »
I have always felt Dusty was a good coach

LMAO

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 04:27:03 PM »
The Cubs needs hitters that know how to actually work the count, bunch of fucking hackers on that team.

Ron Washington might be the A's Manager now

WC Iz Active

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 06:06:07 PM »

herpes

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 06:27:54 PM »

LMAO

umm what was funny about that?

he is horrible with young arms... so the A's fired art howe jr... god art howe... those were some dark days for mets fans

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 06:31:16 PM »

LMAO

Anyone that thinks having baserunners is bad because it clogs up the basepaths is a moron. I don't know how Dusty Baker manages to tie his shoes, much less get a job as a MLB manager.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 07:17:13 PM »

LMAO

Anyone that thinks having baserunners is bad because it clogs up the basepaths is a moron. I don't know how Dusty Baker manages to tie his shoes, much less get a job as a MLB manager.

lmao I agree with LetsGoMets that he is terrible w/ young arms but you are making him out like he is a horrible manager in general and thats just not the case.  I believe he has 3 manager of the year awards (maybe2) and he has earned ALL of them.  If you watched the job he did with the Giants for a near decade then you wouldnt be dogging him as a manager. 

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 07:21:24 PM »
Some guy named Barry Bonds was in those Giants' teams where he won Manager of the Year. 

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 08:15:27 PM »

LMAO

lmao I agree with LetsGoMets that he is terrible w/ young arms but you are making him out like he is a horrible manager in general and thats just not the case.  I believe he has 3 manager of the year awards (maybe2) and he has earned ALL of them.  If you watched the job he did with the Giants for a near decade then you wouldnt be dogging him as a manager. 

What are you saying? I've only watched baseball since 2003? lmao. I know wha the did in SF, and guess what. I still think hes one of the worst managers in the league. I hope he chokes on his toothpick in the dugout if someone is fuckin dumb enough to hire him.

acgrundy

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 09:41:34 PM »
I definately wouldn't mind if Ron Washington became the new Manager.  But I'm also kinda hoping that the Mets beat the Cards, LaRussa gets fired, and goes back to the A's.

herpes

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2006, 02:27:43 PM »
the A's need a manager that will fire them up, not someone that is calm like art howe or ken macha.  They should make a run for joe giradi.