Author Topic: So...watchu think about....  (Read 220 times)

XaNdEr

So...watchu think about....
« on: October 17, 2006, 10:58:46 AM »
At The Speed Of Life

normally i dont make topics, cuz i dont think they wil ladd much to the already existin ones, but i have to get this off my chest, right now i been bumpin At The Speed Of Life again....i really think this album from Xzibit is a classic, way underrated...

I know some peeps here think hte stamp classic is used 2 much, true....i agree, dats why i dont say much albums are classics....but when i say this one is, i really mean this one is a classic, period

All the tracks have this grimey, dark vibe arround them, even the "positive" ones such as foundations...plus it really feels like a complete album, its lackin nothing neither is it packed with songs that cud better be left off, just a really good album....classic

So whatcha thinkin bout this album?

d-nice

Re: So...watchu think about....
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 11:09:57 AM »
It's a dope album. I am a big Alkaholiks fan so I remember listening to his guest appearances, so I was really amped for his solo album. Too many favorites on here but Foundation is probably the one that stands out the most. As dope as ATSOL is, 40 days n 40 nights just took it to the next level.

Mygla

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 12:16:10 PM »
Xzibits best album IMO, I was shocked to see that some guys actually rated this album below Man Vs. Machine and Weapons Of Mass Destruction, Resltess and 40 Dayz I could understand, because they are great albums, and it's all a matter of taste... but the two last ones... that's just wrong.

Carry The Weight is my favourite X-song...

d-nice

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 12:22:05 PM »
Xzibits best album IMO, I was shocked to see that some guys actually rated this album below Man Vs. Machine and Weapons Of Mass Destruction, Resltess and 40 Dayz I could understand, because they are great albums, and it's all a matter of taste... but the two last ones... that's just wrong.

Carry The Weight is my favourite X-song...

Because people's 1st listen of Xzibit is those albums. Alot of people have not even heard his 1st one. I think lyrically his best are his first 2 and Restless but beat wise it is Restless hands down.

WestCoasta

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 01:22:17 PM »
the title track is real nice

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 01:31:32 PM »
speed of life is a very dope album, xzibit is tight on every track... Got that kind of raw feeling to it as opposed to restless, 40 days 40 nights etc which sounded more rounded off.. "paparazzi" is easily the stand out track in my opinion + one of my all time favourites too..

westside159

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 03:36:39 PM »
40 dayz & 40 nightz was the wackest album ever how can you like that album ??

Restless is his best album no doubt and i havent heard at the speed of life all the way through i heard " Papparazzi " , foundation thats it !!!! ::) ::)

d-nice

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 03:47:43 PM »
40 dayz & 40 nightz was the wackest album ever how can you like that album ??

Restless is his best album no doubt and i havent heard at the speed of life all the way through i heard " Papparazzi " , foundation thats it !!!! ::) ::)

WHAAAAT! I think you need to listen to that album again homie.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 04:15:17 PM »
I wasent a big fan of this record.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006, 04:45:31 PM »
his Best album in my opinion!! he was himself on this..

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2006, 12:11:17 AM »
Great album. it's his best no doubt
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

grasshiphopper

• 'G'
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2006, 02:56:54 AM »
it was seriously underrated.