Author Topic: any MMO players on here?  (Read 168 times)

Don Seer

any MMO players on here?
« on: October 26, 2006, 09:58:58 AM »
i dont, i've purposefully avoided them.. just curious as a bunch of people at my work play and have played various MMO's over the last few years

3 of them were huge SWG fans, one guy even met his current g/f through some kind of guild thing on there.. then sony fucked it over and they all quit.. then some of them went on to play WoW and another one plays anarchy online..

just curious if there are any MMO types on dubcc..

On The Edge of Insanity

Re: any MMO players on here?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 10:09:36 AM »
You kind of confused me with abbreviation overload there, but if you're referring to what I think you are (online fantasy rpgs where you collaborate with other people) I haven't ever played them, they seem a bit "sad" to me really, can't really see the appeal, but if some people enjoy playing them then fair play to them.

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 10:15:54 AM »
haha i did wonder about that abbreviation thing..

yeah MMO / MMORPG = massiveily multiplayer online role playing game

SWG = star wars galaxies
WoW = world of warcraft

MIC

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 11:20:10 AM »
I played WOW for a few months.
It's the most addictive game I've ever played.
I'd probably still be playing if I didn't have a life.
So stay away from it.
Period.  :)

Bomb-AŪ

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 11:27:06 AM »
i used to play counter strike...that shit was fun...just grew out of it i guess

peace

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 12:09:00 PM »
I played PSO when the dreamcast servers were up and loved it. Recently i played PSO:Blue Burst for 3 months and it was just as fun. I played everquest for a couple weeks but it really isn't good at all.I have Guild Wars:Factions for PC but it isn't very fun for quite a few reasons.

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 02:23:06 PM »
I began to play WoW like 1 1/2 months ago because a bunch of real life friends were already playing and so I decided to join.

Prior to that I was playing Ultima Online, like for 5 to 6 years, but not on the offical servers where you had to pay but on freeshards (thatīs what they are called in UO).

MMORPGs are great games and you definitely donīt have to be a roleplayer or fantasyfreak to enjoy them cause there are so many sides to it. To me itīs more the pvp (player vs player) aspect of the game and basically thatīs it. I donīt have a fucking clue about none of the background of either game but thatīs not important. Since those games are played by so many people it has to be balanced really well, which guarantees for great pvp action (although Iīm not to sure about pvp in WoW but thatīs another story.. lol)

Great games though. Only downside is that you have to pay for it and that it can (and probably will) get really addictive.

SoCal Iz Active

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 09:46:44 PM »
I played PSO when the dreamcast servers were up and loved it. Recently i played PSO:Blue Burst for 3 months and it was just as fun. I played everquest for a couple weeks but it really isn't good at all.I have Guild Wars:Factions for PC but it isn't very fun for quite a few reasons.

The only online RPG i've ever played was PSO on dreamcast also. I even convinced a relative-in-law and a friend to pay for my hunters license lmao

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 09:50:08 PM »

The only online RPG i've ever played was PSO on dreamcast also. I even convinced a relative-in-law and a friend to pay for my hunters license lmao

lmao. Are you gonna get Phantasy Star Universe for 360?

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

SoCal Iz Active

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 09:56:03 PM »

lmao. Are you gonna get Phantasy Star Universe for 360?

nah. I played the free demo for a couple of days and it's addicting (just like the original PSO) but paying 10 bucks a month (compared to PSO's less then 3 dollars a month) is retarded. So nah i'm not.

reguLAtor

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2006, 12:17:25 AM »
Used to play Ultima Online a long time ago.  That was the first time I was exposed to a PvP type game.  Me and my little brother thought it was the greatest thing to be able to strike up a conversation with some unsuspecting dude and then all of a sudden break out into attack mode and try to bludgeon them with a club or some shit as they ran in terror.  Good shit.   " Excuse me Mr. Fisherman, where can I find the village of.... YYYAAAAAA!!!!"

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2006, 12:35:55 AM »
^
lol

Killing people without giving them any kind of notice before is even funnier and afterwards you could steal all their precious stuff. Wonderful game.

Itīs a shame that there are way too many people who seem to try to compensate something through playing. They act as they were the biggest thing around just cause they think they can play an online game. lol

Reminds me of some people here   ;)

reguLAtor

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2006, 12:08:44 AM »
I feel you on that.  Players would develop a certain rank or level of prestige and think they were gods or some shit.  As they fired mass amounts of magical fireballs at me, I knew fighting back was pointless, so I attacked their manhood with words.  "You're only killing me because you get beat up by REAL people at school. It's okay, you can take out your frustrations on my video game character.  You're only powerful because you have no life and spend all day in your parents basement playing this game."  Shit like that.