Author Topic: more "wii play" and "wii sports" info... pool game sounds tight!  (Read 161 times)

Don Seer

info here from an austrailian site that got to play with the latest builds..

"At the right price, Play could be almost as essential as Twilight Princess on launch day.

Play will feature at least eight mini-games, including a Duck Hunt-style shooting gallery, a fun air hockey game, table tennis, a basic fishing game and a "Where's Wally"-style hunt for matching Mii characters.

The most addictive diversion on the disc was a pool simulation which made excellent use of the Wii-mote, with players using the controller to mimic the action of sliding a cue stick.
"

http://blogs.theage.com.au/screenplay/archives/coming_soon/003817.html

good job wii play is already a 100% decision due to the extra controller.. (ever since my girly claimed she'll whup me at wii games.. lol)

i'm kinda surprised what they said about boxing.. but i can see how it will have limited appeal unless you're competitive.. i think it'll perform better as a party game than a solo or 1 on 1 thing. so perhaps nintendo geared all wii play towards solo, 1 on 1 and party scenarios..

« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 02:35:54 PM by Seer - San »

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: more "wii play" and "wii sports" info... pool game sounds tight!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 05:25:26 PM »
nice, i wanna play that super swing golf game from namco,looks kinda like a mariogolf/hot shot golf arcadey game  8)

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 12:15:07 AM »

yeah thats on my wants list too :)

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 02:54:44 PM »

another wii sports video by a gay british guy lol.. joke.. its a good vid as it shows the game and mii selection in wii sports.

http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/product/Nintendo-Wii-Console/32454848.html

Smoke Break

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 08:09:53 PM »
The Wii is really the only system that might live up to all the hype it's given, and that's a key point because it wasn't a manufactured hype, it was mostly the fans this time.  I love everything they are doing with it so far, just simple shit like using it like a pool stick, as well as tons of other stuff, shows the potential, and that they are using some creativity. Nintendo has been really smart in marketing it, they haven't had worry about hyping their shit up cause there's no need to, and they haven't made the fatal mistake of over-selling the actual product. There's no claims on the best processor and all that shit.  I haven't bought anything Nintendo since the 64, but they've brought me back enough to buy one.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 08:14:27 PM by Smoke Break »

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 08:13:24 PM »
The Wii is really the only system that might live up to all the hype it's given

I really don't think it will. I was pretty excited about it, but as time has passed since E3 I honestly can't see myself enjoying the controller for anything other than first person shooters and these goofy little wii sports games. I'm still getting a Wii and I hope it does live up the the hype but I don't see it happening.

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

Smoke Break

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 08:21:41 PM »
   Yeah, but that's what I mean by not overselling the product, they've presented exactly what it's going to be, so you know if it's going to be a good system for you or not. If nothing else, it's a great step in the right direction.

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 08:36:45 PM »
Yeah, i'm glad they're trying something new and I hope it works out to be fun for all types of games other than the obvious ones.

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2006, 12:26:21 AM »

yeah.. lots of people have said they hope there are some new style games that have never been done before due to the controller..

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2006, 02:36:51 AM »

yeah.. lots of people have said they hope there are some new style games that have never been done before due to the controller..

Mainly what i'm concerned about are games like Zelda. 3rd person games IMO just are gonna be hard to make the controller work well for. Serious sports games like Madden just seem more tedious than fun and i'd much rather use a traditional controller for something like that.

Don Seer

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2006, 03:31:27 AM »
i think some of those "what works, what dosent" questions will be answered in time.

all games will support wii-mote and wii-mote itself can be used like a normal controller..BUT some games will support the 'classic controller' and gamecube controllers too..

i've just seen some new zelda vids, it looks good :)

Don Seer

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2006, 02:11:44 AM »

more Wii Play information.. 2 more games info now out..

"Charge!
Take the bull by the horns! Steer your wild steer by holding the Wii Remote sideways, as if gripping reins, and topple scarecrows to score points

Tanks
Take control of a tank with the Wii Remote; aim the cannon, bounce shells off walls, and blast your opponent to bits!"

tanks sounds cool!

source : http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/?v=news&p=6329
or http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=5690