Author Topic: Worst game console to ever come out?  (Read 301 times)

westkoastanostra

Worst game console to ever come out?
« on: November 08, 2006, 10:27:11 AM »
SEGA cd

Don Seer

Re: Worst game console to ever come out?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 10:42:12 AM »

CDi

Amiga CD32 was fairly bad.. i got one of those.. had some cool games though

westkoastanostra

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 10:59:16 AM »
^^ i've never heard of those....when did they come out?

Technodramon

ecrazy

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 11:33:17 AM »
Jaguar - My rich friend had one, the damn thing had a phone as a controller! hahaha

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 08:57:08 PM »
Nah, the Jaguar was much better than the phillips cd-i.  The Jaguar actually had some cool games for it, and at the time the graphics were kind of impressive.  Also, there was the 'atari cool' factor.

The Cd-i was a shitty system.  Phillips conned Nintendo through a contract loophole out of using some of their characters in some games, so they made 2 or 3 really, really, realllllllly shitty games using the legend of zelda characters.  It basically was a glorified cd rom player.  Imagine a system that consists of pictures stored on a disc that you can change the order they're played in, it didn't really even have video capabilities that were very impressive. 

The Sega CD was pretty bad, but the Sega 32X had even less games for it.  Sega went nuts there for a little while. 

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 01:58:10 AM »
Ahhh good old Zelda cdi. A friend of mine had one cause his father was working at Phillips and got it cheaper or whatnot and it sucked balls. Never played Zelda though, didn´t miss much though. lol

I remember a console called 3DO ... No clue how good or bad it was but it was fucking expensive. It had Need for Speed though and I always wanted to have that.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 12:47:26 PM »
Great call! SegaCd is exactly what I was thinking when I read the title of this thread lol.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 02:43:15 PM »
Definitely the CDI, the Sega CD and Amiga CD32 weren't the big improvements they were promised to be over their cartridge and floppy based formats, but they both still had some great games on them, so at least at some redeeming value.

MIC

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 03:57:14 PM »
Sorry, Nintendo  ;)
But I've got to say Virtual Boy.
You had to rest for a few hours just to be able to walk straight after 30-minute session with Mario Tennis on VB.
It'd give you hangover without a drop of alcohol.

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2006, 04:34:35 PM »
LOL yeah, I'll admit that's a strong contender.  I dont' think it was a bad idea, it was just an idea they couldn't make any money with... it'd be too hard to make tons of games for it, they only got a few out and because of that it's a pretty shitty system.  The CDi, though, good god if you haven't played one you don't really understand how shitty it was.  Imagine playing educational games on an early 386.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2006, 07:26:40 AM »
The Virtual Boy was bad, but it wasn't widely available.

The Sega CD was OK, it was the 32X that was really fucked up.

everlast1986

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2006, 03:08:09 PM »
I have to agree on Sega CD. My friend had one of those. That Sonic game was really fucked up lol.