Author Topic: Dre's beats on "Kingdom Come" vs. any four beats on "Doctor's Advocate"....  (Read 680 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Dre's beats on "Kingdom Come" vs. any four beats on "Doctor's Advocate"....
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2006, 03:14:48 AM »
Rember what we all said in late 96, 97, 98 about Dre beats, then an album called 2001 came out...... but back on topic these Dre beats on Jay album are weak, the ones on Snoop are better though

Exactly. Its all part of his "marketing"

kingwell

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2006, 03:25:20 AM »
Dre's beats are getting boring.  He better come out out with some Joe Budden beats on Detox.  Like Legend of the Falloffs type shit. 

Formula right for Dre:  Clean snares, old piano sample, boring bassline.

I have faith though, he'll get cracking again.

Adriano

• Dream Team
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2006, 03:28:03 AM »
Rember what we all said in late 96, 97, 98 about Dre beats, then an album called 2001 came out...... but back on topic these Dre beats on Jay album are weak, the ones on Snoop are better though

Exactly. Its all part of his "marketing"

yo jay picked em..dont forget...

dre will never fall off... he can do some in da club part 2 shit any time...

and trouble is like mix of "if i cant" + "bitch please melo typ of shit" + "shit hits the fan"

oh and "get low" is a banger...

lets see what 50 will choose... he always chooses the tight ones

« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 03:33:22 AM by AdrianoDogg.com »

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2006, 06:30:03 AM »
Dre's seems to be in the process of falling off.

word, some people got Dre's dick too far stuck up their ass; Not everything Dre puts out is great.

Yeah well, not everything ANYBODY puts out is great.

I still got faith in dude though. Things will remain the same until he changes them.

Reventón Bogotá Rolla

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • High Roller
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2006, 06:35:33 AM »
I can't imagine how much pressure Dre is feeling...
I guess the greater an artist is, the harder it is to stay consistant

2009 Kid CuDi - Man on the Moon: The Guardians

MediumL

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2006, 06:46:04 AM »
I'm in the process of bumpin to Imagine, Boss' Life and Round Here which fuckin crazy, and imagine is better than any other song on DA, infact Boss' Life and Round Here would be better than most songs on DA. I've only heard Lost Ones so i dunno about the jay album, but Lost Ones was nice laid back but it didnt overshadow the lyrics.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2006, 06:47:13 AM »
The beats are boring as fuck, one of Dre's trademarks is how clean he can make a beat sound but I feel he's making them sound to clean now, all the beats are simple. They sound sterile, he needs to make them sound rawer.

i B 2 QUIK 2 c

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2006, 07:13:09 AM »
in all fairness, dre wasnt in the studio to work with jay and didnt get an opportunity to tweek the tracks to the level of perfection that he would normally... remember, about 25 beats were mailed to jay and he just picked the ones he wanted... dre works slow in the studio, so if both artists had the time, im sure these songs would have sounded nicer

i listened to "kingdom come" and i think this album sounds rushed... seems like jay was trying to do too much in order to get this disc out before christmas

peace

nu-jerzey-devil

• Lil Geezy
  • blackwallstreet6.skyblog.fr
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2006, 07:22:59 AM »
beats for jay-zs wack ass songs

co sign

Doctors Advocate >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  kingdomcom
www.blackwallstreet6.skyblog.com

The Game "L.A.X." June 24!!!!

!

Facez

• 'G'
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2006, 07:45:58 AM »
Its the basslines which are Dres trademark not the keys, since 2003 dre has stopped puting basslines in his songs and thats why i think they sound weak. if you think about it try and name me some songs that dre has produced since 2003 with good/proper basslines (probably about 3). I mean dre has made good songs since 2003 but they would of sounded better with basslines. Dre should stop co-producing with Mike Elizondo and just keep him on bass like before. 

Get you some, west side story, Oh, in da club,poppin them thangs,start from stratch, how we do, outta control, get low and more = no basslines

see what i mean good songs but would of sounded much better with basslines

Soopafly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2006, 07:48:52 AM »
The fact that the majority of the new dre songs on snoops and jays albums have similar elements makes me feel this is dre reinventing his sound again ..Its not so much the fact they picked laid back joints ..I'd say the majority of the joints he provided were moving in this direction ...

Dres production on lost ones, 30 something, imagine,boss life ,outta control remix etc are all extremely clean and it seems dre is  incorporatin those piano lessons hes been taking ..

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2006, 07:59:48 AM »
Its the basslines which are Dres trademark not the keys, since 2003 dre has stopped puting basslines in his songs and thats why i think they sound weak. if you think about it try and name me some songs that dre has produced since 2003 with good/proper basslines (probably about 3). I mean dre has made good songs since 2003 but they would of sounded better with basslines. Dre should stop co-producing with Mike Elizondo and just keep him on bass like before. 

Get you some, west side story, Oh, in da club,poppin them thangs,start from stratch, how we do, outta control, get low and more = no basslines

see what i mean good songs but would of sounded much better with basslines

You have a point, Boss Life proves it.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2006, 08:27:47 AM »
I just came from a 2 hour drive and I was bumping "Kingdom Come." It completley changed my opinion about Lost Ones. This is definetly one of the most simple beats Dre put out but it goes great with Jays flow and lyrics. Its a serious song so you cant expect some banging shit, when lyrics are the most importatn part. Same goes for Minority Report.

I also noticed the difference between lets say Just Blazes joints and Dres. When I turned up the volume the Blaze joints sounded noisy as fuck, I had to turn down the volume the same second. Then Lost Ones came in and it was just so fucking clean. The difference is really amazing.

Besides Imagine all these Snoop and Jay beats are nothing outstanding, theyre dope but nothing that blows your mind. "30 Something" sounds like a reject from 2001 and the rest sound like they werent even in plan for Detox. Probably Dre just fucking around a lil bit.

And about that bassline thing, I completley agree. I think that the last beat that had it all was "Outta Control remix."

MediumL

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2006, 10:33:33 AM »
^^^^^^^

Agree, thats what i always find, dre's sound is one of the best and is amazing when playing it real loud. And what would be the point in giving jay some crazy beat that every1 focuses on when he wants to get a message across? Most of the stuff was average Dre, but so far the standout dre track from snoop and jays has to be imagine which is top quality Dre. If that was a detox reject then detox must be pretty hot...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>