Author Topic: Remember when Roscoe...  (Read 358 times)

WC Iz Active

Remember when Roscoe...
« on: November 09, 2006, 12:53:17 PM »
Used to be one of the best rappers around.  I dont like dude's style the last year+, a couple of years ago he was one of my favorite rappers, his lyrics were great, punchlines and metaphors all over the place and he flowed his ass off.  Something has been different w/ him lately, Roscoe now has started to rap like the the post 2002 Kurupt :-\    When I listen to recent Scoe it sounds like he is freestylin his verses and his lyrics make absolutely no sense, what happened?  I want the old Roscoe back!

d-nice

Re: Remember when Roscoe...
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 01:03:13 PM »
Used to be one of the best rappers around.  I dont like dude's style the last year+, a couple of years ago he was one of my favorite rappers, his lyrics were great, punchlines and metaphors all over the place and he flowed his ass off.  Something has been different w/ him lately, Roscoe now has started to rap like the the post 2002 Kurupt :-\    When I listen to recent Scoe it sounds like he is freestylin his verses and his lyrics make absolutely no sense, what happened?  I want the old Roscoe back!

He is replacing those punchlines with curse words. The one thing a loved about his 1st album is that he had no cuss words. Now I do not expect him now that he is older not to use them but they are starting to dominate his rhyme patterns. Few artists do that anymore. I would challenge any rapper to make a whole song without cuss words. That and the weed or whatever he is smoking on is fucking up his voice too.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 01:05:31 PM »
^^Yeah I loved how Roscoe used to not cuss, it was unique compared to everyone else and I liked it.  I just dont like dude's lyrics as much anymore, to much of that jibberish when he raps, to much of his recent lyrics make little to no sense at all.

d-nice

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 01:10:42 PM »
I was really hyped for that I Luv Cali and I was really let down by it. The beats were cool but he did not have had same fire I am used to hearing from him. Maybe he needs to get into some cypher battles or something to get that hunger back.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 01:14:14 PM »
I was really hyped for that I Luv Cali and I was really let down by it. The beats were cool but he did not have had same fire I am used to hearing from him. Maybe he needs to get into some cypher battles or something to get that hunger back.

I agree, I was anticipating that album like crazy and it was disapointing.  There were 4 or 5 tracks that I thought were great tracks like "Chain Bang" "Get My Grind On"  and I loved "Fuck Buddy" also but the rest of the album was a letdown IMO, to many fillers on the album :-\

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 01:17:32 PM »

Yeah man Roscoe was one of my favorite rappers, but he sounds pulling a Kurupt now. Lazy lyrics + a bunch of "muthafuckas" all througout his verses.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

d-nice

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 01:18:33 PM »

I agree, I was anticipating that album like crazy and it was disapointing.  There were 4 or 5 tracks that I thought were great tracks like "Chain Bang" "Get My Grind On"  and I loved "Fuck Buddy" also but the rest of the album was a letdown IMO, to many fillers on the album :-\

Yeah Chain Bang is my favorite cut off the album. I thought that album he was doing with Scott Storch was going to drop this year. Maybe that is why he has been so quiet so he can take his time with it.

Intriago33

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 01:24:36 PM »

He is replacing those punchlines with curse words. The one thing a loved about his 1st album is that he had no cuss words. Now I do not expect him now that he is older not to use them but they are starting to dominate his rhyme patterns. Few artists do that anymore. I would challenge any rapper to make a whole song without cuss words. That and the weed or whatever he is smoking on is fucking up his voice too.

peep Murs.

d-nice

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 01:27:30 PM »

peep Murs.

Funny you say that because he was one of the few I had in mind that could pull it off. I can remember when you bought a "clean" version of a album, it was almost a new album. Rappers would use different words and lines and not just replace the bad words with more acceptable bad words.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 01:32:16 PM by d-nice »

Intriago33

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 01:32:55 PM »
Don't hold me to it, but I'm 90% certain that Murrays Revenge had not a single cuss word on the entire album. It's also one of the best albums from the west this year.

d-nice

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2006, 01:38:33 PM »
Bumpin it right now.  8)

rik

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2006, 01:53:15 PM »
Don't hold me to it, but I'm 90% certain that Murrays Revenge had not a single cuss word on the entire album. It's also one of the best albums from the west this year.

You are correct. He did not cuss once in the whole album. That album is great.

d-nice

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2006, 01:57:39 PM »
Yeah I was sleeping on this the first time I listened to it.  :o

d-nice

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2006, 02:09:31 PM »
Isn't Roscoe doing a album with Bad Azz?

WestCoasta

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2006, 02:54:15 PM »
ya... he's better than Kurupt for sure, but he's shakey sometimes

also his new album is completely different than his first

he came real good on that track from the Crazy Toons mixtape and Ya Boy album

he should do more guest spots