Author Topic: I'm still nervous about ps3  (Read 307 times)

E. J. Rizo

Re: I'm still nervous about ps3
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2006, 12:21:45 PM »
funny when the original xbox had "better" graphics than the ps2 microsoft fan boys where all over it... thats all u would here in defense . . Xbox has better graphics...lol... even tho it was a very minor difference

now that the tables are turned... the opinions have changed... lol its just funny... ;) 8)

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2006, 12:45:48 PM »
funny when the original xbox had "better" graphics than the ps2 microsoft fan boys where all over it... thats all u would here in defense . . Xbox has better graphics...lol... even tho it was a very minor difference

now that the tables are turned... the opinions have changed... lol its just funny... ;) 8)

Im not a xbox/sony or nintendo fanboy. But how do you know the ps3 got better graphics then the 360?

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2006, 03:14:31 AM »
The 360 won't display 1080p for games - only movies.

The PS3 is more powerful on paper, but it'll take a couple of years before developers and programmers learn to utilise that power. Only then will there be a noticeable difference in graphics.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2006, 04:40:34 AM »
theres only one console imma be gettin, ps3 fo sho, all the hate n shit right now for it will stop once it drops, ofcourse it will always get hate from somepoeple but i know i dont give a shit about what cats gotta say dissin ps3, plus we all know once it drops, its gon be flying off shelves.........the bigger problem is about how many can sony make, not about the price n units, wii or xbox aint fuckin with it. if their was 10 million consoles of each system dropping tomorrow as if it was a launch for all three systems, i know for a fact even with the highest price, sony would have them all sold quickest....Another thing, all these reports about how much money sony is loosing on each system made n so on, why it a problem to the consumer? it only means your gettin more than your paying fo, i dunno if all this blu ray disk bullshit will blow up sometime but if it does, i know aint gon have to be coppin one cuz mine is bulit in nigga, niggas trippin about figures when really y'all should only be focused on the product.....and price ofcourse but thats a minor right now, i had ps2 since drop, was easily the best console for me, games wise n so on.......so i have no reason to go move on to another system/company.........still nobody gon be fuckin with ps3......lol

peace

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2006, 04:56:30 AM »
The price thing is funny - the PS3 wiil cost £400 ($700), same as the PS2 and the PS1, shit even the Sega Mega CD cost nearly £500 back in the day.

There won't be PS3s left on the shelf on launch day because people are willing to pay that amount of money to get one; there'll be a price drop eventually (probably 12-18months after launch, when the really good games start coming out).

There's gonna be problems with the first shipments, but it's not like the machines will blow up the day after the warranty runs out.

My friend still has his PS2 from launch day (cost him £400), he's fucked around with it a hell of a lot: installed his own mod chip, hard drive, even the funky knife trick to play copied games. It's still going strong.

Anyway, although the PS3 won't have as much success as the PS2, it will still be number one this generation albeit with a smaller market share.

Trauma-san

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2006, 05:10:17 AM »
You're missing the point.  You don't mind paying for it, but I and many others do.... so you're acting like my opinion is invalid.  I'm straight out telling you I ain't paying 600 bucks for a ps3.  That's why it's a bad platform for me. 

Your mileage may be different.... but no matter how you want to throw it, to many people, a significant number of people, the machine is too expensive and is priced out of their range.  The ps2 was still half-ass affordable (to me). 

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2006, 05:13:26 AM »
I wouldn't pay 600 bucks for a PS3 either; the launch games will be shit too.

Give it a year or so, and I'll be able to pay 2/3 of the launch price with a better selection of games.

The Wii is benefitting from a low starting price (like all Nintendo consoles) plus the best launch line up for a looooong time.

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2006, 09:26:42 AM »
The 360 won't display 1080p for games - only movies.

The PS3 is more powerful on paper, but it'll take a couple of years before developers and programmers learn to utilise that power. Only then will there be a noticeable difference in graphics.

Thats not true. With the last update you can play 1080p movies AND you can play 1080p games. But there arent any games available yet.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2006, 04:48:42 PM »
Just because you can't afford it or choose not to fork so much for it dun mean it's a bad console......
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 04:55:40 PM by Nutty »

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2006, 05:16:38 PM »
Just because you can't afford it or choose not to fork so much for it dun mean it's a bad console......
True, but the lack of good games does

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

WC Iz Active

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2006, 05:28:26 PM »
Thanks for all the info guys.  I have always been a playstation guy but I think I am leaning towards the 360 right now.  I dont think I would be able to utilize the ps3 to the fullest cause I dont have a HD tv.  And also the 360 is half of the price, I think I'm leaning towards XBox.

Trauma-san

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2006, 08:59:32 PM »

Yes it does.  It's a shitty console because it's not worth the money.  No console is worth 600 bucks.  That's of course my opinion, I shouldn't have to tell you that. 

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2006, 10:35:54 AM »

Yes it does.  It's a shitty console because it's not worth the money.  No console is worth 600 bucks.  That's of course my opinion, I shouldn't have to tell you that. 

lol you already saying its a bad console before its even out. Maybe its not worth 600 dollars to you, but their are a couple of million other people who disagree. Like you said its your opinion. And most likely the ps3 will outsell the Wii. So there are enough willing to pay 600 dollars.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2006, 04:47:06 PM »
The thought of owning all 3 systems never crossed my mind before, but I think I may well get all 3......

I'm leaning towards Gears Of War w/ the 360...