Author Topic: Jigga's song Beach Chair is DOPE!!!! Jay's album a grower?  (Read 286 times)

teecee

Jigga's song Beach Chair is DOPE!!!! Jay's album a grower?
« on: November 15, 2006, 03:33:22 PM »
Judging by the title(something that should never be done), i thought Beach Chair was gonna be wack.  After the first couple of listens it didn't seem like anything special, but WOW, now I'm thinking its one of the songs of the year.  Produced by dude from Coldplay with assistance from Dre, and Jay's best rapping on his new album 

In fact, Jay's whole new album is growing on me, aside from a couple of songs that are just straight wack....
Dre's beats on here are not single material(aside from Trouble) but they work for the songs; not Jay's best by any means but not as bad as i originally though either

jeromechickenbone

Re: Jigga's song Beach Chair is DOPE!!!! Jay's album a grower?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 03:58:13 PM »
I listened to the entire album once, and sure there are some decent moments here and there overall it was a major let down.  Big rapper, big budget, big hype, big name producers - overall weak album. 

I'm gonna force myself to listen to it some more to see i misinterpreted some stuff or didn't catch some things, but my initial reaction is that it's wack and I wouldn't spend my money on it.

The Watcher

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 05:06:19 PM »
ive listened to it maybe 15 times, im lovin it
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 05:13:28 PM »
Beach Chair and Kingdom Come are the only songs I'm really diggin'. Only for the production value though of the songs though. The rest of the production, Jay's verses, and hooks were weak.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Jakubs

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 06:22:30 PM »
I think the album is a definite grower. I listened to it for the second time today after first listening to it a couple days ago, and it sounded a lot better today. "Beach Chair" is a very good song. A laid back groove, and it's no surprise that Chris Martin (lead singer of Coldplay) had a hand in producing the track, it is very reminiscent of something Coldplay themselves would do.
AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake

teecee

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 07:31:14 PM »
I listened to the entire album once, and sure there are some decent moments here and there overall it was a major let down.  Big rapper, big budget, big hype, big name producers - overall weak album. 

I'm gonna force myself to listen to it some more to see i misinterpreted some stuff or didn't catch some things, but my initial reaction is that it's wack and I wouldn't spend my money on it.

I felt the same as you feel after my first couple of listens, but can't stop bumpin it now.  Like i said, some wack tracks for sure, and NOWHERE near the level of TBA, but i still think its a decent album.  Could be better for sure, but its still better than peeps say.  Beach Chair and DO you Wanna Ride are my favourites by far..................

lately I've really been making sure to listen to stuff at least 5-10 times b4 passing final judgement, as i haven't done that enough with all the downloading I've been doing the past 5-6 years.  I've dloaded so many dope albums in the past that i never gave the time of day to , only to discover they were actually incredibly nice.  For example, i am REALLY feeling Legend of the Liquid Swords right now, whereas with first couple listens like two years ago i felt it was boring.

herpes

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 07:54:21 PM »
someone up or send me a link im my PM... i would appreaciate it

Narrator

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 08:48:38 PM »
This song disappointed me only because it could've been better.  And really, I think it was Dre who fucked up here.  The piano melodies and backing vocals done by Chris Martin are incredible...Hov wasn't kidding when he said they were impressive in interviews.  Unfortunately, Dre added quite possibly the worst possible drum track he could've chosen to go with it...too noisy, and it almost drowns out Martin's chorus.  He should've done a better job on the percussion here.

Otherwise, it's still a pretty good song.  And despite all the Dipset Stans hating on it, I think it's a very good album.  It ain't no "Blueprint" or "Reasonable Doubt", but the production line-up is fantastic, and Hov actually doesn't sound AS bad as I feared he might.  I'll admit his flow seems a bit simpler and less assured than it used to be.

REGIME MOB 510

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 11:18:00 PM »
someone up or send me a link im my PM... i would appreaciate it

anony

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 11:37:11 PM »
all of jayzs albums grow on me,

first time i listen it sounds average but they always grow without fail

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2006, 02:02:18 AM »
Trust me on this one this album is classic example of a grower.

At first is was like "wtf thats average" now I like every song except for that Beyonce joint.

Kingdom Come >>>TBCT and DA

J Bananas

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2006, 03:48:59 AM »
it better be a fuckin grower cuz right now it bores the shit out of me. TBCT and DA>>>>Kingdom Cum

Chief

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2006, 05:04:31 AM »
i think the albums dope. dre's beats are dope on it too, i dont know why they gettin hate...

i dont like the usher song or the beyonce song, and thats it. and as of right now, i prefer to be listenin to KC over TBCT or DA.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2006, 11:01:07 AM »
when r people gonna stop making final judgements on albums after 1 listen.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Sikotic™

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2006, 01:40:40 PM »
it better be a fuckin grower cuz right now it bores the shit out of me. TBCT and DA>>>>Kingdom Cum

when r people gonna stop making final judgements on albums after 1 listen.
I gave it a few more listens. Kingdom Come, Minority Report, and Beach Chair are the only decent tracks. I wish I had the instrumentals to them because Jigga doesn't add much to them. Another MC woulda turned that shit out.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE