Author Topic: Jimmy VS. Jay Round 1- Jim Jones  (Read 315 times)

d-nice

Jimmy VS. Jay Round 1- Jim Jones
« on: November 17, 2006, 03:26:11 PM »
I like both artists so I am going to give my unbiased opinion. Round 1= Jim Jones. Jay came mad weak on that track. If Jimmy is a nobody like Jay said, he should have kept his mouth closed and let him keep dissin. But to address somebody like the diss he did was weak. And the shit is still somewhat subliminal. That was what I liked about Takeover. He was calling cats out on there. And screaming Brooklyn on it was mad corny too. Shit aint Brooklyn vs Harlem. Jimmy flips that and makes it into a instant remix. Jay now gives Jim Jones the upper hand with promotion and everything. Jay had a opportunity to do damage and he did not get it done. Unless Jay is setting him up for something worse.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 03:29:28 PM by d-nice »

rik

Re: Jimmy VS. Jay Round 1- Jim Jones
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 03:33:49 PM »
Now everyone knows where I stand with the dips and Jay, but even the biggest Hov groupies has to admit that Jay lost round one. Jim straight flipped it on him and put Jay one the remix. Jay got clowned.

d-nice

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 03:38:05 PM »
I feel the same way. That is a lose/lose right there. I would have rather him not say anything then come weak like this.

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 04:28:57 PM »
Jay shoulda kept his mouth shut. Eventhough that's bitch made as hell at least he saved face with all the Jigga groupies. Now he's gonna lose their respect.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

d-nice

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 04:31:33 PM »
Oh well, just have to see what happens next (bumps Weatherman)  8)

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 06:28:15 PM »

I agree that Jay-Z made himself look foolish by doing a complete 360 and responding and his response was crap but as for Jim Jones I am not mocking those of you who like his music, but come on as a rapper with skills Jim Jones aint shit. Jay-z's album was a massive disappointment though admittedly, and I have been a fan of Jay-Z since reasonable doubt.

da flayboyant 2

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 07:21:34 PM »
jay shoulda stayed retired, and just put a kufi on his christmas list.

Chief

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 08:19:53 PM »
Now everyone knows where I stand with the dips and Jay, but even the biggest Hov groupies has to admit that Jay lost round one. Jim straight flipped it on him and put Jay one the remix. Jay got clowned.

on point.

is the remix out yet?

rik

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2006, 08:23:59 PM »

on point.

is the remix out yet?

Yup  http://thesurfacenews.blogspot.com/2006/11/drar-exclusive-jim-jones-response-to.html#links

d-nice

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2006, 08:31:51 PM »

I agree that Jay-Z made himself look foolish by doing a complete 360 and responding and his response was crap but as for Jim Jones I am not mocking those of you who like his music, but come on as a rapper with skills Jim Jones aint shit. Jay-z's album was a massive disappointment though admittedly, and I have been a fan of Jay-Z since reasonable doubt.

True, and all the more reason you do not come out with a sorry diss record like this. Jay had a opportunity to really come with a hard diss and he did not do it. Unless he got some shit later down the line, Jim won this one.

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2006, 08:34:10 PM »
These disses are both wack.  One or two lines and that is it.  I watch these underground battles and they come up with one or two lines off the top of their head that are better than these tracks.
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

Chief

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2006, 08:36:57 PM »

on point.

is the remix out yet?

Yup  http://thesurfacenews.blogspot.com/2006/11/drar-exclusive-jim-jones-response-to.html#links

LMFAO cheers!

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

rik

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2006, 08:39:04 PM »

on point.

is the remix out yet?

LMFAO cheers!

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

Yo do u post in the Quik forum?

Chief

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2006, 08:54:21 PM »

on point.

is the remix out yet?

LMFAO cheers!

yeah man, but rarely. why's that?

rik

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2006, 08:58:34 PM »

on point.

is the remix out yet?

LMFAO cheers!

yeah man, but rarely. why's that?

Cus I visited and posted there for the first time in about a year yesterday, and I seen a poster with the name Chief.