Author Topic: PS3 vs. Xbox 360 vs. Wii (live numbers inside)  (Read 3764 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: PS3 vs. Xbox 360 vs. Wii
« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2007, 02:16:07 PM »

kemizt

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: [sticky] PS3 vs. Xbox 360 vs. Wii (live numbers inside)
« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2007, 11:53:19 AM »
^ yeah right??...

picture proof of UNSOLD PS3s.. just sat ignored..

source: http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/ps3/plenty-o-ps3s-but-no-takers-225271.php

wait till summer 08 homie, ps3 will be runnin tings again, just my prediction still, ps3 already sold more than xbox in japan....still all about the ps3 as far as im concerned....but i aint no harcore gamer homie, i aint gon start a beef with you about a console!haha, i respect u a wii boy, imma ps3 nigga...aint no problem for me, its all about personal preference

for me its all about the ps3, gta, tekken, some next games, and ps2 was sick, i see no reason to move to a xbox 360 or a wii, which i admit at one point did interest me just does not no mo, nuttin on it imma sit down to play....zelda?? i mean i know eveyrone seems to love that shit, but i aint neve been a zelda gamer.... the controller is interesting no doubt, but to me its all about the games and graphics this generation, and i think ps3 will be the best in the long run.....if im wrong, so be it, i won't be trippin, damn, good luck to the wii and 360, but i know what imma be gettin, ps3, so still.......its all about the ps3 as far as im concerned!

peace!

Trauma-san

« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2007, 04:24:01 PM »
To each his own.  You're probably the same type that bought all the new jordans because they looked better, and buys brand new cell phones ever few months because they're a little bit nicer. 

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2007, 11:56:11 AM »
How reliable are these numbers? The first 2 charts are giving different numbers.

Trauma-san

« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2007, 09:20:07 PM »
It's all just speculation in my opinion,... but if you follow business journals and were to research it enough, you could pretty accurately speculate on how many systems had been shipped, probably within a 10% margin of error or so.  For instance, you might know for a fact that history has shown that it takes Nintendo 2 months to get a system into stores after it's been produced at some certain factory in Washington.... and you might find a story saying that Nintendo just purchased in September 2 million processors, etc. and after you read story after story and analyze it and stay on top of it, you can speculate they must have made this many systems by this date and blah blah blah they sent this many to these stores blah blah blah and nobody can find one and that means 95% are sold and blah blah blah and speculate, eventually, and come up with the numbers they do.  I don't think they've got a  concrete line to Sony or Nintendo or Microsoft that tells exactly how many they've sold.  I doubt Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo know for sure EXACTLY how many they've sold.

Don Seer

« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2007, 02:53:00 AM »
ps3 already sold more than xbox in japan..

and wii already outsold ps3 in japan...

Don Seer

« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2007, 06:45:24 AM »

ps3s not shifting.. see jrome's post for proof..

Well, we've now sold 3 and all have been Wii's, lol.  Also, every one we've sold has been to a buyer in Cali.  One cat bought 2 of them last night.  There must be some major demand out there.  No bites on the PS3s though - those might be going back to wal-mart.  Total profit right now is approximately $334.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2007, 03:06:16 PM »
ps3 already sold more than xbox in japan..

and wii already outsold ps3 in japan...

yeh wii selling crazy, but xbox been out more than a year and for ps3...and wii to sell more than that in hardly anytime is crazy, even if the japanese don;t really dig the states console....oh and i still predict ps3 will sell more than wii in the long run

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2007, 12:53:37 AM »
I was reading an article in the newspaper and the Wii is and looks to continue its domination in Japan. The PS3 is concentrating on America and will look to take over in sales in the next 2-3 years. Overall, PS3 still has yet to release in most countries, so it can go anyway, but the XBox doesn't seem to be making anymore progress after such a long release.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2007, 04:02:51 PM »
PS3 is more of a longterm investment, I bet there will be way more PS3s being sold in 2 years from now than Wiis or Xbox 360s...

Sikotic™

« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2007, 07:26:16 PM »
The PS3 price will drop and its appeal to adult gamers will improve sales.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2007, 02:44:15 AM »
The PS3 price will drop and its appeal to adult gamers will improve sales.

PS3 is more of a longterm investment, I bet there will be way more PS3s being sold in 2 years from now than Wiis or Xbox 360s...

Yeah. Good on Nintendo for coming up w/ something different.

Don Seer

« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2007, 06:52:29 AM »

yeah thats quite poss right :)

i'm gonna have to buy a 360 or a ps3 when EA's "skate" comes out.. hopefully things are more obvious by then..

Trauma-san

« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2007, 02:14:09 PM »
Why is it that everytime I check, the wii numbers and the 360 numbers are both steady climbing, but the ps3 numbers aren't moving? LOL

Trauma-san

« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2007, 08:32:14 PM »
I went to Best Buy yesterday.  The Wii display is Wii-less.  They don't even have one to demo, much less any for sale.  The guy that works in that department said he had an old lady come in and ask him for one, so he told her they didn't have any, and that he'd like to buy one himself.  She found one the next day at Toys R Us, and told him they had just put out a shipment of 9.  She bought 1, and then drove across the street to tell him.  He took his lunch break immediately, and by the time he got there, there were 2 left.

BTW, they had 9 PS3's in the backroom at best buy yesterday, anybody that wants one can go get one.  For some reason nobody is.