Which 1 You Feelin More

Imagine
38 (63.3%)
Round Here
13 (21.7%)
Other
9 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: Imagine Aint Fuckin Wit....  (Read 1134 times)

WestCoasta

Re: Imagine Aint Fuckin Wit....
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2006, 03:17:04 PM »
"Round Here" is cool but when he does the parts like 50 Cent I can't help but think the song is a joke, good beat tho

"Imagine" beat is better than "Round Here" and I guess just a better overall song

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2006, 03:37:14 PM »
The chours from Round Here sounds like G'd Up from GUnit.

For me:

Imagine>> Round Here= Boss Life

Snoop killed all 3 tracks.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2006, 03:53:40 PM »
imagine dre and snoop not delivering a classic joint............

thats my opinion of this joint......4/5, its dope, and its actually grew on me, hella overrated, buts that kool........ppl excited to see dre and snoop back together, nice to dre spittin again, but i mean you dont make a comeback together on some mellowshit, its should have been a g'd up joint.....imo

anyways again i cant beleive whats cracking with dre right now, imagine beat is boring, kinda dissapointing imo, round here imo is the best of the three.....or on a par with imagine, but again, the beat reminds me of g'd up, just a wacker version of the beat......

dre dissapoints on all three beats, dre on some weak tip right now, imma HUGE dre fan but i can recognise when a homie aint on top of his game right now, and dre def aint on top of his beat game....in respect to the cats he produce for, they be killin his tracks though......snoop kills these joints.....but dre dissapoints,

peace

Tha Chemist

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • The Regulator
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2006, 07:05:19 PM »
overall i prefer Round Here, my favorite beat on the album  8)
WEST UP

martmodem

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2006, 01:52:26 AM »
Not only is Imagine the best song on the album, it's the song of the year.  If you got soul, you can really feel it.  When D Angelo breaks it down on the break, that's straight P Funk.  C'mon man?  Round Here doesn't compare to this song.  Another 'Little Ghetto Boy.'

martmodem

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2006, 02:15:24 AM »

I gotta be real with you.  You know I'm a huge Dr. Dre fan, and a huge Snoop Dogg fan. 

Imagine ain't very good.  I understand maybe it seems deep to some people, and I can applaud Dre and Snoop for their ambition... but to me the beat just isn't what I expect from a Dre beat... like never before you can seperately hear what he threw together and it just doesn't mesh much.  Listen to just the drums.... you can do that because they're mixed way away from the rest of the song so you can hear them almost as a seperate, really simple sounding drum pattern.  Over that he's got a little piano riff, but it's put somewhere else too so it almost sounds like a second pattern playing at the same time... It gets a little better when he adds the strings on it, and I realize every song is recorded in small patterns, but everything just seems to simple and isolated.  The lyrics to me are decent but Dre sounds tired and sad.  Not good for this song, in my opinion.

[/quote]

Imagine's simplicity is the beauty of it.  You can't critique a track based off it's complexity.  Gang Starr's 'Mass Appeal' is a classic but really simple track.  This is a dramatic track and I think they captured a certain mood to perfection.  One.

'EclipZe

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2006, 02:36:17 AM »
we only talking bout the album? round here is def. better.

Trauma-san

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2006, 05:22:55 AM »

I gotta be real with you.  You know I'm a huge Dr. Dre fan, and a huge Snoop Dogg fan. 

Imagine ain't very good.  I understand maybe it seems deep to some people, and I can applaud Dre and Snoop for their ambition... but to me the beat just isn't what I expect from a Dre beat... like never before you can seperately hear what he threw together and it just doesn't mesh much.  Listen to just the drums.... you can do that because they're mixed way away from the rest of the song so you can hear them almost as a seperate, really simple sounding drum pattern.  Over that he's got a little piano riff, but it's put somewhere else too so it almost sounds like a second pattern playing at the same time... It gets a little better when he adds the strings on it, and I realize every song is recorded in small patterns, but everything just seems to simple and isolated.  The lyrics to me are decent but Dre sounds tired and sad.  Not good for this song, in my opinion.

Imagine's simplicity is the beauty of it.  You can't critique a track based off it's complexity.  Gang Starr's 'Mass Appeal' is a classic but really simple track.  This is a dramatic track and I think they captured a certain mood to perfection.  One.
[/quote]

There are plenty of classic but simple tracks.  This is not one of them.  This is just a simple track with false depth.  Here, I'll write part 2.

"Imagine black and white could play together.

Imagine we in church and we all sway together.

Imagine A world with no Hitlers and Osamas

Imagine a world with no wars and my name was never Trauma"

I mean come on man.  They ain't saying shit, it's pretentious. 

leo215

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2006, 05:26:07 AM »
i like boss life the best.

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2006, 03:29:47 PM »
I don't care wether mr. Trauma calls it deep,shallow, pretentious,overrated or otherwise, to me 'Imagine' is the best one. 'Round here' is a close second and 'Boss' life'....well, it doesn't do too much for me. Might be because of Akon, oh boy, do I dislike him!
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Trauma-san

« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2006, 09:27:28 PM »
I'm not trying to insinuate you can't have your opinion.  I like tons of music you would hate, so that's alright.

Anyways, why do yall hate Akon so much?  Just his style or something he's done/said?  I must have missed something... I think he sounds great and fuck it he's new, I'll give him a shot. 

Toshdawg

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • If u man ain't fuckin you rite!, i got what u need
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2006, 06:00:35 AM »
Imagine has better lyrics, Round Here has that sick beat I can't get that shit out of my head. Dre & Snoop just make a dope team. Boss Life is nice too.

yeap

PLANT

« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2006, 06:45:26 AM »
Akon and Snoop sound great together....Dope duo IMO

Mr. Wiggles

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2006, 11:22:04 AM »
I gotta be honest and say Round Here

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2006, 04:12:22 PM »
I can't stand Akons voice and that's why I don't like him. I saw people on WCC describing his sound as 'a bitch getting raped' and while it wouldn't be my way of wording it, the guy does sound like he needs to be put out of his misery.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..