Author Topic: PSP Emulations  (Read 130 times)

E. J. Rizo

PSP Emulations
« on: November 27, 2006, 05:49:14 PM »
can you guys list the best emulators for the PSP and where to find roms?? please let me know my boy just picked one up so we trying to hook his shit up...

DUB CC

• 'G'
Re: PSP Emulations
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 06:37:30 PM »
whats the firmware on your psp?

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 08:15:59 PM »
he just got it... but im not sure he just called me and told me to hook him up... im pretty sure its the newest... what is that? 1.5?

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 03:06:25 AM »

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 10:08:26 AM »
If you go to www.dcemu.co.uk and go to the PSP section almost all the information you need is there. I downgraded my PSP to 1.5 (your friend's will probably be at 2.61 at least if its new) in order to play the emulations and then I use a program called Devhook on there which emulates the 2.xx firmwares so I can still play normal UMDs and make use of the newer features. However, downgrading can fuck up your PSP depending on the model number and not doing things correctly. I think that there are now utilities which allow for the newer firmwares to emulate 1.5 so you can run the emulators on them, but I'm not an expert on this, so if you check out the site that will have all the information.

There are a great range of emulators avaliable and there was an alpha release of a Playstation 1 emulator recently, which seems to be running some games at 60-70% speed, so with further devlopment it may be possible for us to see near to 100% emulation of PS1 games in time, which would be awesome.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 10:10:07 AM »
For Megadrive, SNES, etc roms, just search for them in google, plenty of sites offer them and they are normally only 2-3mbs at the most.