Author Topic: Intelligent Design - Theory of how the world was created  (Read 263 times)

On The Edge of Insanity

Intelligent Design - Theory of how the world was created
« on: November 27, 2006, 10:47:26 AM »
Watching this crap on the news now. Basically a load of bible bashers want the idea of the world being created by a higher being to be taught in Science classes alongside Darwin's theory of evolution. They seem to fail to realise that its not a scientific theory, which is why its not taught in Science classes, you get taught that rubbish in Religious Education already so it makes no sense to have it in a Science class.

The science teacher they had on the news completly sonned the Intelligent Design idiot on there though, which was funny, saying he would talk about it in his lessons, but only to ridicule it, the guy didn't have any idea how to respond to that.

Anyone else share my distain for this?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Intelligent Design - Theory of how the world was created
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 10:52:24 AM »
Intelligent Design is comedy, religious people should just take the L when it comes to scientific talk and move on.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Smoke Break

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 11:39:33 AM »
It's bible thumpers btw, a basher would be the dude doing the bashing on the count of his little dick. But I agree religion shouldn't be taught in science class, and neither should the theory be used to discredit religion in science class. I still cannot see how a theory, and it is a theory, is treated as fact. Clearly things have changed over time, but none of the changes fit in too well with survival of the fittest, humans are not the pinnacle of this so we can't be the most evolved for survival, animals are much more suited for the enviroment. We are smarter yes, but why would this magic allowing us to evolve only going to focus on the mind, while making everything else hairless and weaker since apes are much stronger and warm? I actually think it's further proof of a higher power, you can't have a system if it wasn't designed. And if you look at everything in our universe, it has a cycle.

I also wanna add that non-religious people have a way bigger problem with religious people than vice versa for real. Dudes get so pretentious about it.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 11:41:37 AM by Smoke Break »

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 11:41:43 AM »
kids should be allowed to bully other kids with strong religious beliefs

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 11:48:38 AM »
especially the math squad. but especially the fellow christian athletes group

Smoke Break

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 11:49:10 AM »
lol quick on the reply there, i deleted that shit but cool

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 11:53:31 AM »
baaaallllllliiiin

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 11:54:37 AM »
It's bible thumpers btw, a basher would be the dude doing the bashing on the count of his little dick. But I agree religion shouldn't be taught in science class, and neither should the theory be used to discredit religion in science class. I still cannot see how a theory, and it is a theory, is treated as fact. Clearly things have changed over time, but none of the changes fit in too well with survival of the fittest, humans are not the pinnacle of this so we can't be the most evolved for survival, animals are much more suited for the enviroment. We are smarter yes, but why would this magic allowing us to evolve only going to focus on the mind, while making everything else hairless and weaker since apes are much stronger and warm? I actually think it's further proof of a higher power, you can't have a system if it wasn't designed. And if you look at everything in our universe, it has a cycle.

I also wanna add that non-religious people have a way bigger problem with religious people than vice versa for real. Dudes get so pretentious about it.

Humans have lost their hair because they had the brains to create fire, to skin animals and wear their coat, etc.
Humans can live on almost any place in the world. Not by themselves, of course, but due to their intelligence they were able to create certain things to make them able to do so.
You give humans not enough credit, they are the fittest, animals suck in comparison. We lost all that shit like hair and theeth and whatever because we own so much, we can simply make tools to compensate for those things, so we lost it, because we don't need it, our brain became the main part leading us to the top of the food chain, and therefore we became even smarter - and that's exactly what evolution is, the things that help us evolve, while the things we don't need vanish.
No, it's not a sin

Smoke Break

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 12:06:54 PM »
Then why aren't we the only animals on the planet if everything evolved through the first cell organisms? Why wouldn't we still see the obsolete models; unless they all died, or evolved at the same rate somehow? Are some races superior then, since theres different people on earth? Wouldn't all humans be the same uniform race? I have a hard time beleiving we can cultivate humans, yet theres still simple fish in the ocean, animals of the old times that were gigantic have all died off and we're left with lame-ass offspring? But evolution put everthing it had in only us?

Theres some unspoken mysticism involved here, the things we don't need vanish but we all change for the better? The theory is implying that somehow we're all linked, how do all our bodies know that it needs to mutate sperm and cells to make a new type of animal? Wouldn't each thing evolve differently according to it's own experiences, its own survival.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 12:37:47 PM by Smoke Break »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 01:09:17 PM »
It's not survival of the strongest but survival of the fittest, just because some animals are gigantic it don't mean that they fit the environment better. Races are different because the environments on earth are different, and back in the day people didn't travel/mix a lot. When people breed with each other regardless of race, a uniform race will emerge eventually. And why the heck would we be the only animals lol? There's no logic in some of your odd questions.
No, it's not a sin

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 02:14:24 PM »
We are a product of intellegent design sorry folks!

Smoke Break

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 02:25:44 PM »
haha yeah there was no order to those ?'s at all, was just kinda random thoughts. As for why we would be the only animals I was saying if we were evolving and losing the traits we didn't need why isn't it universal for all the animals? Why are there still apes when there is man as well? But very few animals, if any, still have their evolutionary ancestors; Either we all evolve together or its a singular experience for each animal, in which case there would be no secular species, they would vary with each creature. Or maybe within each species, which then leads to the question of race? What color was the first man, why then would he evolve into all the races changing only his appearance? How did the human race manage to survive before fire, or huts? We survived against animals far better suited to survive in the element, which would be the most basic of survival skills evolved over billions of years.

I'm sure we evolved, just not why Darwin thought we did, its just as bad to accept what he says as fact and teach only that in school, as it is with some christians and the bible.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 02:35:36 PM by Smoke Break »

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2006, 02:40:15 PM »
This is a never ending argument. My interpretation of intelligent design is is that we were genetically engineered by advanced humanoids. Which is totally feasible.

Smoke Break

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2006, 02:47:13 PM »
This is a never ending argument.
Now that's true, this is one of those things we don't know enough about to give a definitive answer.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2006, 02:56:44 PM »
exactly, its called the "theory" of evolution for a reason.