Author Topic: Producer Khao Helps Ruben Studdard On New Album  (Read 80 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Producer Khao Helps Ruben Studdard On New Album
« on: November 30, 2006, 01:47:53 AM »
Patient, silent, consistent. That is the way to describe multi-platinum producer Kevin "Khao" Cates. The Alabama native’s discography includes songs like T.I.’s "Why You Wanna,” “Stand Up Guy,” and “Hello,” all from The King, and Lil Kim and Paul Wall, where he laces the Naked Truth with "I Know You See Me" and "Get Yours" and The People’s Champ with "So Many Diamonds" on Paul Wall’s. P$C’s 25 to Life received the Khao touch in addition to "Last of a Dying Breed" off Young Jeezy’s Thug Motivation: 101. In 2006, Khao makes another mark as the man behind the beats on two songs from Young Dro’s Best Thang Smokin’: "They Don't Know ‘Bout Dro" and "Presidential." Now he will end the year with the two R&B/Hip-Hop crossover ballads: “The Return” and “To the Crib” – both on the Grammy-nominated, American Idol sensation, platinum recording artist Ruben "Teddy Bear" Studdard’s second R&B album The Return. “I had a great time working with Ruben. He knows what he is looking for in music and is a great writer with great, soulful vocals,” Khao exemplifies. “He [Ruben] works fast, we make great music, and we have great studio chemistry. Ruben wanted something different, a new-age sound that would bring something special to this album. Music should inspire people,” explains Khao. “It should make them feel, believe, and grow. Those of us who are blessed with the opportunity to be in this business should never forget that.”

Khao has become not only a musical genius but also an astute businessman. In 2004, he started IntAprize Entertainment, a label and consulting firm committed to offering a springboard for aspiring talent. More recently, Khao took his swagger to the next level by joining forces with GTT (Global Telecommunications Technology) and Flexpoint Source, LLC to offer the first ever “Peel & Win” Sweepstakes Phone Card endorsed by an entertainer. Because of the community kickback offered through the tickets, the streets label Khao as “The Only Artist That Pays.” Check the Credits, the title of Khan’s upcoming album is due out in 2007. The song’s lead single is “Keys in the Air,” which is bubbling from the underground as 2006 moves forward into the New Year. Predominately produced by Khao himself, the album will consist of features from P$C’s Big Kuntry, Young Dro, and IntAprize artists such as Young Hersh, Show Teazy, Allie, and J.A.Y.R.O.W.E. Other noted tunes can be found on the recently released mix-cd from Dow Jones titled Dow Jones presents: Khao More Than Music. Wrought with a host of bangers, the mix-tap includes a posthumous cameo from the Notorious B.I.G. Studdard says, “The album title signifies my return to the main stream. People ask me where I've been…so I thought calling it The Return made sense. The first track …is ‘The Return (Of the Velvet Teddy Bear)’ so I just shortened it, made it the title of the CD.”
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com