Author Topic: Is the Wii Ambidexterous?  (Read 182 times)

Trauma-san

Is the Wii Ambidexterous?
« on: December 08, 2006, 05:42:14 AM »
I think I've got a wii bit of a problem... I'm left handed.  I play guitar right handed on purpose, but I don't think the Wii would be as fun if I had to use it right handed.... is there a setting or anything on any of the games to switch the dexterity?

I could just play it that way, but for instance on Tennis, if the mii is holding the racket in is right hand, how the hell can I hold it in my left hand?  It wouldn't translate to the on screen character.  I could play it right handed, but imagine having to play some of the games left handed if you're a righty... That would be shitadelic. 

I already heard Myamoto say that he made Link (who's a lefty) a righty in the Wii version since most people are right handed.... so if I was sword fighting, it would be completely backwards and I'd have to use my right hand, unless there's a setting. 

Don Seer

Re: Is the Wii Ambidexterous?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 05:50:39 AM »
wii sports lets you choose handedness

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 05:52:17 AM »

I'M FUCKING SCREWED

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 05:52:56 AM »
wii sports lets you choose handedness

Nice.  Baseball would have been horrible without that....

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 07:53:29 AM »
hold the nunchuck in ur right hand? ;D

We Fly High

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 08:01:36 AM »
yes it is ambidextrous.

Boo-Yaa †

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Keep the Faith
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 08:07:56 AM »
im a lefty 2... somerhing i didnt think about!

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 09:35:26 AM »
acctually playing zelda i wouldnt see why u couldnt use it on any hand... all u have to do is shake the control to trigger a swing... and it doesnt register every movement u do... its just looking for the motion to trigger a swing... i really dont see it being a problem at all to be honest with you... i wouldnt even worry about it... just use the nunchuck on ur right hand u should be fine

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 10:31:44 AM »
yeah its prob really not an issue.. honestly

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2006, 11:03:49 PM »
i was fuckin around with zelda with swithed hands earlier, after u play righty for a long time the weight feel really off when you try and switch, but zelda shouldnt be a problem and the wii sports require you to choose a hand before hand. 

Im pissed about link's dominant hand change btw.  in the older ones the frame was just flipped depending on the direction you faced so he would switch hands on the fly.  they used to say he was left handed because hyrulian folklore stated to always keep protection(a shield) toward death mountain

-KIDRENEGADE-

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2006, 05:43:47 AM »
Which dominant hand change are you pissed about? He's been both.

Like you said, he originally switched depending on which way he was facing... this was up until the N64 versions, I believe the SNES version flipped as well.

On the N64 versions, though, he was clearly left handed, and on the Gamecube version he was left handed (pictured above) at all times.

Now, on the Gamecube version that's coming out, he's a lefty, but he's a righty on the Wii. 

I still don't think it'll be as fun because it won't look like I'm swinging the sword.  LOL.