Author Topic: Glasses Malone speaks on Jay-Z and the West Coast  (Read 855 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Glasses Malone speaks on Jay-Z and the West Coast
« on: November 30, 2006, 02:06:31 PM »
Glasses Malone Addresses The State Of The West, "Kingdom Come"
November 30, 2006 by nando

Blu Division CEO, Glasses Malone recently posted a powerful statement on our forum about the state of westcoast rap and it's perception by the rest of the world, as well as Jay-Z's place in the game and others at his age taking things in other directions...check out the unedited statement below:

Why cant hip hop artist grow up? This Jay Z album should help alot of us with our transition into being older, wiser, and responsible adults. The Hip Hop critics have try to crucify this cd. Whats wrong with a 37 year old man to show growth. That nigga is ole enuff to be someone's grandfather for christ sake. It would've been a crime for that man to rap about slangin rocks, or gunnin people down. Its a shame to see rappers his age rap about juvenile shit such as gang bangin, slangin, and other ignorant things.

Not to mention these artist who have been successful don't even understand whats really going on in the hood. Thats why we constantly see these lowriders, khakis, and all type of other shit in these videos. Niggaz aint wearing that in the hood. Its just a foul misrepresentation. When was the last time they been to South Central, Inglewood, Watts, Compton, Long Beach? We look so old to the rest of the world. Where are the Dodge Chargers? where are the Harleys? If you been to L.A. lately, muthafuccas are wearing $500 jeans. Niggaz rarely even go to Crenshaw. The New Crenshaw is Broadway. Have you been there?

Rocks aint poppin in L.A. anymore. Pills are the new crack rock, Cush is the new crack rock. Open your eyes L.A.! Fuck that open your eyes whole world. Jay Z has commited the worse sin in hip hop. Being SUCCESSFUL! But is it really that horrible? Is it wrong to tell the youth what type of things lie ahead if you handle ya finances correctly? Is it wrong to convince the youth to stop putting worthless rims on a car? Is it wrong for a man to say don't waste your money on jewelry? Sounds like something my father would say. Guess what, Dude and my pops aint that far apart. So why not give worthwile advice like getting your credit together. Buyin property(nightclubs). These are the dreams people should aspire to achieve. Not a Phantom. Embrace the cutural growth.

I wish West Coast artist close to this man's age would make music that actually played a role in our street culture. It probably could help alot of these street issues. Why did I have to be the first one to make a song uniting crips and bloods? I'm glad to hear the records that have been inspired from my music. *Enters "Tha Sermon"* Once I'm done with you muthafuccas(fans and rappers alike) You gone look in the mirror at your self different. You gon have to ask yourself, Why can't I keep it this real? Pooh said "Tha Sermon" is too advance for the hood. We will see.

So I end this with embrace albums that show growth. We all gotta grow up. Why not learn from someone who has been thru our same path? Oh, and I wanna give a shout out to my boy Mykestro "The best rap Nigga eva", Bad Lucc " I been listenin to yo shit today nigga", Problem "Thats why yo deal gon be for $800 dollars, lol" , Bishop Lamont "Mr I-Sneak-on-WestCoastrydaz", and Pooh "Gettin 20% of all my muthafuccin money" and every New West emcee........Not to mention my squad "Blu Division/Firin Squad" our time is now Niggaz!

This is your President "signing off" - Glasses Malone

http://www.westcoastrydaz.com/news/11302/

~Lucien~

Re: Glasses Malone speaks on Jay-Z and the West Coast
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 02:08:34 PM »
g. malone is a wise man

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 02:27:32 PM »
LOL, it's funny how easily he shits on 98% of the rap game just from what he says.

I don't know too many people who've knocked Jay's album for the content though...but damn, what he was sayin was straight shots at some of our favorite artists. LMAO at how accurate he is about what L.A. is. I've been saying the same exact things for the last few years....cats don't really wear Khaki suits n shit no more...you rarely see lowriders out if it's not a picnic or group meeting...you don't even see that many crackheads around L.A. like you do in DC, Baltimore, Atlanta, and Detroit. So when cats talk about how they push crack n shit, I'm like "hold up....I can count the crackheads in yo neighborhood on one hand!!" And Crenshaw rarely cracks...the last time I was on the Shaw and it was really poppin like that was early in May of 2004...it was dope as hell that day, but hasn't been nearly the same since then.

rik

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 02:36:08 PM »
wow...the man speaks the truth.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 02:47:58 PM »
I was just thinking about that ...!!! time to Grow!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 02:49:54 PM »
Yeah G.Malone always comes real. Fuck Jay-Z though.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 02:52:06 PM »
I love dood for that....good read. What they know about these pills we be flippin though?

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

BigBlood

• Lil Geezy
  • So Sick is my Klick!
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 03:06:20 PM »
Real Spit- Make these niggaz grow up >:(
619-80z  Don't Hate Me kuz I Stay  Flamed up

late night

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 10:38:28 PM »
glasses dropping some knowledge

Chief

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 11:39:38 PM »
Yeah G.Malone always comes real. Fuck Jay-Z though.

lol

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 11:44:17 PM »

MediumL

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 11:56:42 PM »
Yer a lot of people hatin on jay z cause he's not talkin about crack sales (like every1 else) or gunnin people down.  I thought jay z did well seeing as it was a hard task to tackle , to make a whole album thats mature. I mean you here mature songs but not whole albums so he did well
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2006, 02:01:57 AM »
G Malone is like Joda. Spoke some wise shit.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Peacock

• 'G'
  • but no worries, I protected my "investment"
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2006, 06:30:42 AM »
G Malone is like Joda.
Yep, can't understand a thing he's saying

'EclipZe

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2006, 06:50:57 AM »
g.malone's the truth.