Author Topic: yeah UCLA won!!!!!  (Read 455 times)

herpes

Re: yeah UCLA won!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2006, 05:05:06 PM »
florida is going get bumped to number 2... the la times reported it about 45 minutes ago.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2006, 05:16:15 PM »
LOL AT USC!  ;D

The Best of 3 Worlds

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2006, 05:54:29 PM »
lol :D

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2006, 10:37:04 PM »
LOL. It's funny how people automatically expect UCLA to lose...Now basketball ain't the only thing UCLA is ownin' USC in. ;D

i wouldn't saying owning, usc is still a better program for football than ucla, ucla was better last year and the year before than they are this year, but so was USC. what this game proved is that there still is a heated rivalry between the two schools. so much so that a superior SC team could lose to a lesser UCLA team

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2006, 10:45:50 PM »
ucla basketball

Tearing up and down the court is UCLA's favorite way to play. So when the Bruins encounter an opponent that slows things down, frustration sets in and their fans nearly go to sleep.

Arron Afflalo scored 13 points to help the top-ranked Bruins beat UC Riverside 61-38 Sunday, giving them a 6-0 record for the first time since they won the 1995 national championship.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 10:48:19 PM by LAKERS_FAN89 »

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2006, 11:55:46 PM »
LOL.......I am a USC fan, but don't hate UCLA at all. Therefore....it was very bittersweet to see the game play out like that, because Eric McNeal went to my Middle school, and I talked to him about a month ago on Myspace, tellin him good luck. Ironically, his ass talked my homeboy in 12th grade at the damn one yard line and stopped our high school from making it into the playoffs!! So we can say he is very clutch, but damn!!

.SNEEKlocsta:.

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2006, 01:34:24 AM »
its official...usc in the rose bowl against michigan,which should be a better game imo,and ohio against florida,i would have rather seen usc in the bcs championship but the game with michigan should be no joke.lookin forward for the trojans to win this one though.florida might upset because they had a way tougher schedule this year but i think Troy Smith will perform better than Leak imo...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2006, 01:54:49 PM »
sc has played the rose bowl almost every season it seems, at least they'll be playing at 'home'

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2006, 12:23:01 PM »
The real deal is USC isnt as good as EVERYONE Thinks they are...They could have lost more then the 2 games they did this year...This isnt the same SC team its been the last few years, but people just cant open up there eyes and see that

The Best of 3 Worlds

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2006, 12:07:43 AM »
basketball

The last time the rest of the country looked in on UCLA, the Bruins played their way into the national championship game with defense. They needed a big dose of it Saturday.

The Bruins survived their first serious challenge at No. 1 with late-game defensive stops in a 65-62 win over No. 6 Texas A&M in the John R. Wooden Classic.

"That was two teams fighting at it pretty hard," Aggies coach Billy Gillispie said. "A lot of mistakes made, but a lot of big-time plays."

Josh Shipp scored 18 points and foul-plagued Arron Afflalo had eight of his 13 over the final nine minutes for the Bruins (8-0). Darren Collison added 15 points, but had six of the team's 13 turnovers.

"They came off a loss to LSU, so we knew we were going to get their best shot," Shipp said.

Acie Law scored 21 points for Texas A&M (7-2), which controlled the boards 34-23 and outshot UCLA in the second half. Dominique Kirk added 12 points for the Aggies and Joseph Jones had 11 points and 13 rebounds.

"They stepped it up a little bit and they made plays and we didn't," Law said. "The last five minutes we were in position to win, but we didn't."

UCLA forced 20 turnovers that led to 22 points.

"It was like we couldn't dribble the ball past one defender at halfcourt," Gillispie said. "Those exchanges are the ones that killed us."

Texas A&M came into the game leading the country in field-goal percentage defense, holding opponents to 32.2 percent. Both teams shot 25-of-51 (49 percent) in the nationally televised matchup of uptempo, defensive-minded teams that didn't feature any major scoring runs.

"The intensity was going to remain high as long as the score was tight," Afflalo said. "Neither team got a chance to pull away."

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2006, 12:14:49 AM »
basketball

The last time the rest of the country looked in on UCLA, the Bruins played their way into the national championship game with defense. They needed a big dose of it Saturday.

The Bruins survived their first serious challenge at No. 1 with late-game defensive stops in a 65-62 win over No. 6 Texas A&M in the John R. Wooden Classic.

"That was two teams fighting at it pretty hard," Aggies coach Billy Gillispie said. "A lot of mistakes made, but a lot of big-time plays."

Josh Shipp scored 18 points and foul-plagued Arron Afflalo had eight of his 13 over the final nine minutes for the Bruins (8-0). Darren Collison added 15 points, but had six of the team's 13 turnovers.

"They came off a loss to LSU, so we knew we were going to get their best shot," Shipp said.

Acie Law scored 21 points for Texas A&M (7-2), which controlled the boards 34-23 and outshot UCLA in the second half. Dominique Kirk added 12 points for the Aggies and Joseph Jones had 11 points and 13 rebounds.

"They stepped it up a little bit and they made plays and we didn't," Law said. "The last five minutes we were in position to win, but we didn't."

"It was like we couldn't dribble the ball past one defender at halfcourt," Gillispie said. "Those exchanges are the ones that killed us."

Texas A&M came into the game leading the country in field-goal percentage defense, holding opponents to 32.2 percent. Both teams shot 25-of-51 (49 percent) in the nationally televised matchup of uptempo, defensive-minded teams that didn't feature any major scoring runs.

"The intensity was going to remain high as long as the score was tight," Afflalo said. "Neither team got a chance to pull away."

UCLA looking really good this year. going to be fun watching the arizona/ucla match ups

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2006, 12:18:53 PM »
basketball

UCLA looking really good this year. going to be fun watching the arizona/ucla match ups
8)

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2006, 11:28:13 AM »
^^^This topic was about UCLA FOOTBALL, not basketball  8)

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2006, 12:28:35 PM »
He started the topic and then posted UCLA basketball info in it, so I guess he meant for it to be a UCLA topic for football AND basketball...PeACe

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2006, 07:09:50 PM »
^^^This topic was about UCLA FOOTBALL, not basketball  8)
i know we already talking about UCLA football let talk About UCLA basketball to 8) but i might make a thread about UCLA basketball...i do it my way 8)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 07:16:04 PM by LAKERS_FAN89 »