Author Topic: American Gangsta: Freeway Ricky Ross  (Read 288 times)

GangstaBoogy

American Gangsta: Freeway Ricky Ross
« on: December 05, 2006, 08:40:52 PM »
Tonight on BET. Don't miss it! The one last week about Tookie Williams was pretty boring, but I'm looking forward to this story.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

BIGG-A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "DIPPIN AN WE ROLLIN... AND WE SMOKIN ON THAT GOOD
Re: American Gangsta: Freeway Ricky Ross
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 08:58:57 PM »
 ;Do.k. i'll watch it man........

BIGG-A
         EMPIRE RECORDINGS
               WISCONSIN

WILL-I-DIE

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 09:01:36 PM »
what time it come out?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 10:19:36 PM »
^20 minutes ago. I'll watch it at 2am since I'm watchin SVU right now.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 05:43:15 AM »
I never knew that much about him, but used to always hear his name and hear about the CIA dealing with Crack.

The thing I always wonder is....I was born in 84, and was in L.A. from 84 to 2002 permanent, and I've been between Florida and L.A. since 02. They kept saying how he made L.A. the "Crack capital"...but from all of my experiences growing up, I really don't remember seeing nearly as many crackheads as I've seen in the south in basically every city. It seems like I see thousands of homeless people in L.A., but most of them don't seem to be crackheads as much as they are down south. You can usually tell the difference....homeless people may beg for change, but they'll usually post up in the same place all day collecting, and they don't seem nearly as aggressive. However, in the south, you can easily tell it's a crackhead, because they come outta nowhere, they are persistent as hell, and they tend to ask for EXACT change...."can you give me 87 cents?" when you know there's nothing in stores that cost 87 cents. And as far as the homeless people, the majority of them are downtown on skid row...and yeah I've definitely seen some crackheads, but many of them just seemed more homeless than drugged out like that. Hollywood definitely has some crackheads though...Compton has a few, Watts has em of course. But I don't see too many in Inglewood, Gardena, Hawthorne, and definitely not Carson.

So with that being said....did I just "miss" the crack era in L.A., or are most of the people who were on crack in jail now? I know that they are definitely around L.A....but for it to be the "crack capital" it doesn't seem like it's nearly as bad as in the south, particularly Miami and Atlanta. Even in high school, I barely knew any dudes who really pushed drugs like that...it was all about weed and X pills if anything, never crack.

everlast1986

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 05:46:28 AM »
Is this on youtube or anything? I missed it last night. I'm pretty interested in this unlike the Tookie Williams one since i already knew all about him.

rik

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 08:50:28 AM »
Is this on youtube or anything? I missed it last night. I'm pretty interested in this unlike the Tookie Williams one since i already knew all about him.

Don't know if it's on youtube, but they are re-airing it again today.

sonofisis

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 10:41:19 AM »
Haha, this is why I hate main stream media. They tried to make it seem like crack started in L.A, and that L.A is the crack capitol.. Please, that's the main stream for you.
Mistah FAB "Ghost Ride It"

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 12:25:13 PM »
MAybe be you were just too young to realise?

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006, 12:28:07 PM »
i liked the tookie one man how was it boring

TuSlic

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2006, 12:39:18 PM »
I never knew that much about him, but used to always hear his name and hear about the CIA dealing with Crack.

The thing I always wonder is....I was born in 84, and was in L.A. from 84 to 2002 permanent, and I've been between Florida and L.A. since 02. They kept saying how he made L.A. the "Crack capital"...but from all of my experiences growing up, I really don't remember seeing nearly as many crackheads as I've seen in the south in basically every city. It seems like I see thousands of homeless people in L.A., but most of them don't seem to be crackheads as much as they are down south. You can usually tell the difference....homeless people may beg for change, but they'll usually post up in the same place all day collecting, and they don't seem nearly as aggressive. However, in the south, you can easily tell it's a crackhead, because they come outta nowhere, they are persistent as hell, and they tend to ask for EXACT change...."can you give me 87 cents?" when you know there's nothing in stores that cost 87 cents. And as far as the homeless people, the majority of them are downtown on skid row...and yeah I've definitely seen some crackheads, but many of them just seemed more homeless than drugged out like that. Hollywood definitely has some crackheads though...Compton has a few, Watts has em of course. But I don't see too many in Inglewood, Gardena, Hawthorne, and definitely not Carson.

So with that being said....did I just "miss" the crack era in L.A., or are most of the people who were on crack in jail now? I know that they are definitely around L.A....but for it to be the "crack capital" it doesn't seem like it's nearly as bad as in the south, particularly Miami and Atlanta. Even in high school, I barely knew any dudes who really pushed drugs like that...it was all about weed and X pills if anything, never crack.

lot of crack heads in west la, still to this day up washignton, down la brea to pico

WILL-I-DIE

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2006, 12:39:58 PM »
seen this...it was a good show

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2006, 12:45:47 PM »

lot of crack heads in west la, still to this day up washignton, down la brea to pico

Yeah I've definitely seen em over in Mid City. I also see a lot of them around Fig, especially the crack head prostitutes.

It's still a bit hard to believe that L.A. was a "crack capitol" like they were sayin though.

southcentralLA

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2006, 02:37:02 PM »
Man South Central always been filled with Crackheads and still is, I was born and raised there, I had a couple of aunts that was strung out on that shit and one had my cousin who was born a crack baby, but he okay now he grown up, but that shit use to be fucked up in SC I done seen cracked out bitches running naked strung out, Niggas beatin on crackheads for different shit all types of shit and LAPD bustin all kinds of crack houses.....