Author Topic: The Re-Up to Move Slightly Under 300K First Week  (Read 758 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The Re-Up to Move Slightly Under 300K First Week
« on: December 07, 2006, 02:12:32 PM »
HITS Daily Double reported yesterday that Eminem Presents: The Re-Up will move around 280-300K its first week.

Lol, thats crazy. Eminem selling more than most rap albums today, with almost no promotion and basically a mixtape  :D

Em got crazy fanbase.

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up

The King Of L.A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK YOU !!!
Re: The Re-Up to Move Slightly Under 300K First Week
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 03:36:26 PM »
hahahaha no promotion that faggert was all over mtv .....lol.......isnt this ems worst sales

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 03:44:20 PM »
the sales are good, but not amazing, EMINEM presents re-up with 50 cent, gunit and shady all over this a couple of years back would have instantly put this album multiplatinum just from the names, but times are changing, still decent numbers though, however i do agree, em got crazy dickriders out there

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 05:13:21 PM »
I don't know - those would be damn good numbers for anybody but I expected maybe 400-500k for this one.  That single with Em ,50, and all of them was pretty decent.  At least better than the other bullshit flooding mtv/bet. 

Momentum has definitely slowed down for these dudes..

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 08:11:22 PM »
Problem is this thing smells like a mixtape and the only people that listen to mixtapes also download said mixtapes for free off the net.  your average person who goes out and buys cd's isn't much interested in a mixtape, so 300 grand is decent considering that... but still Em's worse sales ever (save maybe the 1st album's 1st week sales, I dunno). 

eNgIeS

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 08:42:17 PM »
Game sold more than them....whats 50 gonna say bout that now

under 300k on the first week....UGHHHH

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 11:25:55 PM »
No promotion?  There's flyers ALL AROUND, and I see him, 50, yayo, banks, cashis, bobby creekwater, on BET AND MTV.  Plus there has been a huge buzz for this compilation since Eminem "retired".   Him and 50 had those lovey dovey interviews in the magazines...

Of course he sells more than most rap artists today, do you know the history of EMINEM?  FUCKING, EMINEM.

And it's not a mixtape, Em has said on several occasions the material is way too good to be a mixtape, it is album material, so he made it an album.  People knew this shit too.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 02:40:53 AM »
HITS Daily Double reported yesterday that Eminem Presents: The Re-Up will move around 280-300K its first week.

Lol, thats crazy. Eminem selling more than most rap albums today, with almost no promotion and basically a mixtape  :D

Em got crazy fanbase.

its EMinem n 50 man

they sell... they got groupies

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2006, 03:17:51 AM »
No promotion?  There's flyers ALL AROUND, and I see him, 50, yayo, banks, cashis, bobby creekwater, on BET AND MTV.  Plus there has been a huge buzz for this compilation since Eminem "retired".   Him and 50 had those lovey dovey interviews in the magazines...

Of course he sells more than most rap artists today, do you know the history of EMINEM?  FUCKING, EMINEM.

And it's not a mixtape, Em has said on several occasions the material is way too good to be a mixtape, it is album material, so he made it an album.  People knew this shit too.

They had interview on mtv and 106 n Park like 2 days before the release.

Em said many times they didnt do shit to promote this, compared to other single projects and that they've made this for the streets.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2006, 06:54:22 AM »

They had interview on mtv and 106 n Park like 2 days before the release.

Em said many times they didnt do shit to promote this, compared to other single projects and that they've made this for the streets.

You repeated what I said.  If you are trying to say having interviews closer to the release date is bad for sales, you are wrong.

You are right on that last remark, but still, everyone knew it about... Don't kid yourself, these men are SUPERSTARS.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2006, 07:12:02 AM »
Game sold more than them....whats 50 gonna say bout that now

under 300k on the first week....UGHHHH

So a major release which Game spent 1 + 1/2 years working on with top notch production from hiphop biggest producers, sold more then a side project from Eminem which is more or less a mixtape with unknown shady artists and 50 cent/Banks/Obie. What a surprise....  ::)

d-nice

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2006, 07:14:20 AM »
Man, this shit is a compilation IMO and Crazy Toones  ;D. So the last minute promotion is because he decided to make it a retail release at the last minute. If he would have promoted it earlier as a compilation from jump it probably would have sold more but 300k is still good numbers. Let's see what it does in week 2 because that is becoming the most important week for sales for artists.

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2006, 08:00:11 AM »
Some of you are making it seem like this is an Eminem album. It's a compilation for his owned label, just as how Dr. Dre presents...The Aftermath was. Plus, this shit was supposed to be a mix-tape. Those are damn good sales for somthing like that... especially for Shady Records 'cause that label (as well as g-unit) doesn't sell nearly as much as Aftermath does. Eminem's solo albums are Aftermath releases which are Executive Produced by Dr. Dre. This is nothing but a teaser...

WILL-I-DIE

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2006, 12:13:21 PM »
the re-up is a dope album/mixtape.4/5