Author Topic: Hip Hop really is dead...  (Read 561 times)

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Hip Hop really is dead...
« on: December 09, 2006, 03:29:41 AM »
Nas was right, because his album is "decent" at best, but it's still the best out in QUITE awhile.  Are we going to have to accept that we must lower our standards for Hip Hop?

I'm scared, someone hold me.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Hip Hop really is dead...
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 03:42:19 AM »
there is alot of dope hiphop coming out this year.. you just dont hear about them in the media..

like Jedi Mind Tricks, Jahi, J Dilla, CunninLynguists, AZ, Boot Camp Clik etc.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 03:47:12 AM »
there is alot of dope hiphop coming out this year.. you just dont hear about them in the media..

I check J Dilla's Shining, wasn't feelinf it.  Checked AZ, was good, but not great.  Checked BCC, average album from them, expected more for a reunion album...  C'mon man.. Who we got left?

And for those people saying More Fish is sick, wtf are you talking about..  He's boring as hell, plus his production is stuck in Wu-Tang era.  AKA Outdated

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 03:54:18 AM »

I check J Dilla's Shining, wasn't feelinf it.  Checked AZ, was good, but not great.  Checked BCC, average album from them, expected more for a reunion album...  C'mon man.. Who we got left?

And for those people saying More Fish is sick, wtf are you talking about..  He's boring as hell, plus his production is stuck in Wu-Tang era.  AKA Outdated

oh well if thats how you gonna look at it.. so i guess your an ol school cat who have been listening to hiphop since the late 80s? then i think i understand you, cuz hiphop was much better before 2000.. but for me i started listening to hiphop around the year 2000

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 04:02:28 AM »
I think Nas is more talking about the mainstream hiphop. Offcourse you got dope underground rappers, you just dont hear anything about them.

Diabolical

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006, 04:47:58 AM »
Just because it doesn't use silly synth lines, claps & ear piercing snares doesn't mean it's out dated. It was only just over 10 years ago anyway. People are still making Be-Bop which is about 100 years old but it's the fans of probably the youngest genre who always complain about outdated.

As Oklin said there's been a lot of great stuff released.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006, 07:29:53 AM »
Just because it doesn't use silly synth lines, claps & ear piercing snares doesn't mean it's out dated. It was only just over 10 years ago anyway. People are still making Be-Bop which is about 100 years old but it's the fans of probably the youngest genre who always complain about outdated.

There has maybe been one social-conscience, backpacker type album that has been completely solid in the last 3 years.  I started listening in 96 btw, and the album these same artists were putting out were way better.  That album I mentioned is the Minstrel Show btw.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2006, 07:35:36 AM »

There has maybe been one social-conscience, backpacker type album that has been completely solid in the last 3 years.  I started listening in 96 btw, and the album these same artists were putting out were way better.  That album I mentioned is the Minstrel Show btw.
Yeah! Minstrel Show is dope!.. btw the new roots album was also hot

everlast1986

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2006, 08:38:00 AM »
As i'm listening to Lupes album i can say that isn't so bad either like i thought before.

Chief

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2006, 08:55:04 AM »
i think people saying 'hip-hop is dead' proves it's still live and kicking... when people start saying hip'hop is still alive, you know there is a problem...

ps. nas' album is better than decent.

IFB Flood

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2006, 09:01:14 AM »
i think people saying 'hip-hop is dead' proves it's still live and kicking... when people start saying hip'hop is still alive, you know there is a problem...

ps. nas' album is better than decent.

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2006, 09:53:26 AM »
Nerdy ass backpackers are gonna eat up Nas' album with a spoon just because of that title. There different types of hip hop for different types of people of all ages. Just because your particular favorite style of hip hop is not on top at the moment does not mean the entire genre is dead.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2006, 10:22:35 AM »
Nerdy ass backpackers are gonna eat up Nas' album with a spoon just because of that title. There different types of hip hop for different types of people of all ages. Just because your particular favorite style of hip hop is not on top at the moment does not mean the entire genre is dead.

So nerdy ass backpackers don't get to have music that is aimed at them? 

Sikotic™

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2006, 12:02:50 PM »

They do. My point was, hip-hop goes through changes. Right now, Snap/crunk/party music is the flavor of the month. That's where the biggest audience is at. That doesn't mean whatever kind of hip hop you prefer isn't available, whether is gangta rap, conscious rap, political, etc. etc.

Hip hop ain't dead because you can't kill it.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2006, 02:35:15 AM »

They do. My point was, hip-hop goes through changes. Right now, Snap/crunk/party music is the flavor of the month. That's where the biggest audience is at. That doesn't mean whatever kind of hip hop you prefer isn't available, whether is gangta rap, conscious rap, political, etc. etc.

Hip hop ain't dead because you can't kill it.

Nah man, I am talking about all styles of Hip-Hop.  This is my humble opinion, but I think the quality of albums in every genre of Hip-Hop has declined over the years.  I dunno, maybe I'm just stuck in the past.