Author Topic: wtf is this!?  (Read 937 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: wtf is this!?
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2006, 11:23:08 AM »
That looks lika a poster for a parody movie, not an album cover.

WestCoasta

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2006, 12:47:31 PM »
the bay area is hippie influenced

not really, just drug influenced

You're right, I'm just whack and idealistic with a tendency to romanticize things. Thanks for that shot of completely necessary negativity dogg. West up.  ::)   

huh?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2006, 01:03:48 PM »
Don't trip, pimpin'. -T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

soopadoopaflykid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Iguess
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2006, 10:07:28 PM »
lol holy shit 8)

Shawn Nutt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2006, 10:39:00 PM »
u gotta be fuckin kidding me... easily one of the most creative and hilarious albums ever, and i dont even like mac mall... genius idea

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2006, 11:09:04 PM »
hahaha that shit is funny
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

f0n|{sta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • U Cant Fuck With The One Man Band ^^
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2006, 05:15:28 AM »
Dude, if you did shrooms you'd realize how dope that cover is. and Mac Dre for that matter, goddamn mac dre is dope "I'm a different typa human/ you can catch me shroomin!" I know this ain't mac dre but the association is clear....

too dope.

-T

thats MAC MALL not MAC DRE ...

read the whole post before you write some bullshit response...

my bad fucker :P

--- G-Funk...all day everyday ---

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2006, 05:27:21 AM »
the bay area is hippie influenced

not really, just drug influenced

You're right, I'm just whack and idealistic with a tendency to romanticize things. Thanks for that shot of completely necessary negativity dogg. West up.  ::)   

Anyway, haters aside, how can you say this is the whackest cover and title? Young jeezy has dude holding his hands together and the cover says in Godfather letters: 'the inspiration'....that's creative? that's not whacker? please, thizzian stoned and the temple of shrooms is hilarious and clever. AT LEAST in comparison to most shit that drops.-T

youre trippin on the first part dude theres people from all walks of life that do drugs and hippies are just a small fraction of that, even in the bay area. are you from the coast or something? second part youre on point thoughit is better than 99% of album art excluding dipset mixtapes. dipset bitch byrdgang

Okka

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2006, 05:40:11 AM »
Hahahahahahahahahh, now that's gangsta

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2008, 10:09:16 PM »
I decided to check this out through the archives that Tanj posted, and a lof of these comments are hilarious. That was a pretty cool cover and title, although musically it really disappointed me. If you want to see horrible album covers, look at the thread in Outbound that's 7 pages long with them. And I agree that there is a lot of hippie-influence to Bay Area rap and even the whole West Coast scene. It would look a lot more strange for an East Coast rapper to be talking about doing shrooms and popping pills like this, but it has been a lot more culturally acceptable on the West for years. It's not just hippies that do drugs obviously, but if you know the Thizz Ent. label and Bay Area rap scene, especially with Oakland and Berkeley, you would understand that it has some influence.
I got a bird's eye view

ThaRealSupreme

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2008, 10:19:02 PM »
LOL that's that bull shit
I stand before God when I say that I'm not a facade_Supreme

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2008, 02:08:49 PM »
I decided to check this out through the archives that Tanj posted, and a lof of these comments are hilarious. That was a pretty cool cover and title, although musically it really disappointed me. If you want to see horrible album covers, look at the thread in Outbound that's 7 pages long with them. And I agree that there is a lot of hippie-influence to Bay Area rap and even the whole West Coast scene. It would look a lot more strange for an East Coast rapper to be talking about doing shrooms and popping pills like this, but it has been a lot more culturally acceptable on the West for years. It's not just hippies that do drugs obviously, but if you know the Thizz Ent. label and Bay Area rap scene, especially with Oakland and Berkeley, you would understand that it has some influence.

exactly, one of the first links in my archives is an essay i wrote about specific parallels between the hippie culture and the hyphy culture

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram