Author Topic: Here's DR.DRE's TOP 25 VIDEOS of all time...  (Read 2059 times)

RivieraIII

Here's DR.DRE's TOP 25 VIDEOS of all time...
« on: November 10, 2001, 10:57:48 AM »
Y'all probably know, BET has this new show on Saturdays on which "our favorite stars" drop their 25 best videos of all time... The one and only DR.DRE was on there today, and here are his choices (sorry I missed #24 and #25 but there are more surprises than u might expect in his countdown...)

1) METHOD MAN ft Mary J Blige - You're All I Need To Get By
2) EMINEM - Stan
3) DMX - Who We Be; (by the way y'all, here's what Dre said about this one: "That song is crazy! Whoever produced it, is crazy; gotta look my CD and see who produced it..." Yo, I was the 1st to talk about this video/joint on the forum and a lot of cats were hatin'... cool... now I basically rest my case... DRE himself agrees with me... it's over...)
4) ANGIE STONE - Brotha (that's one hell of a dope ass joint, fo' real... It's crazy, crazy, crazy!!!)
5) PETEY PABLO - Raise Up
6) DR DRE ft Knoc-Turn'al - Bad Intentions
7) AALIYAH - Rock The Boat
8) JAY-Z - Girls, Girls, Girls
9) THE FIRM - Phone Tap
10) XZIBIT - What You See Is What You Get
11) PUFF DADDY & The Bad Boy Family - All About The Benjamins (Dre called it "one of the hottest tracks ever made"... I agree... the beat is on my Top 10 ever...)
12) LUDACRIS - Southern Hospitality
13) BUSTA RHYMES - Break Ya Neck
14) LAURYN HILL - Everything Is Everything
15) CRAIG MACK ft Biggie, LL, Busta, Rampage - Flava In Ya Ear Remix; (Dre called it "Hip Hop at its finest...")
16) D12 - Fight Music
17) DILATED PEOPLES - Worst Comes To Worst
18) ERIC B & RAKIM - Microphone Fiend
19) DR DRE ft Snoop Dogg & Nate Dogg - The Next Episode
20) METHOD MAN & REDMAN - Da Rockwilder
21) LIL KIM ft Lil Cease - Crush On You (Dre called that silly joint "a classic", believe it or not)
22) ICE CUBE - It Was A Good Day
23) RAY J - Formal Invite (I can't believe Dre likes that wack ass video/joint)
24) I missed it...
25) I missed it...
%*) Bonus Video 1: DR DRE ft Snoop Dogg - Deep Cover
%*) Bonus Video 2: SNOOP DOGGY DOGG - Gin And Juice

MORE NEWS AND SHIT:

DRE was chillin' with Xzibit and Knoc-Turn'al at some point during the 2-hour show...
He said he hopes to be workin' with Lil Kim in the future...
He said his next album "DETOX WILL BE RELEASED AT THE END OF NEXT YEAR" (which basically means that it's gonna come out at the end of 2002 OR early 2003... Gotta be patient y'all, he's takin' his time to drop yet another classic...
He said we should look out for "Oh My God" comin' "soon" coz "the legend Rakim is on Aftermath"...
Yo, I can't believe Dre had that Ray-J video before ANY Snoop video (not counting #24 and #25 coz I haven't seen 'em...)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Murrow

Re: Here's DR.DRE's TOP 25 VIDEOS of all time...
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2001, 11:42:05 AM »
I saw it.  I bet you Dre didn't even make up the list for his top 25, LOL.  He prolly said, "Fuck it, y'a;; do it for me cause I'm busy as fuck."

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2001, 11:45:26 AM »

Y'all probably know, BET has this new show on Saturdays on which "our favorite stars" drop their 25 best videos of all time... The one and only DR.DRE was on there today, and here are his choices (sorry I missed #24 and #25 but there are more surprises than u might expect in his countdown...)

1) METHOD MAN ft Mary J Blige - You're All I Need To Get By
2) EMINEM - Stan
3) DMX - Who We Be; (by the way y'all, here's what Dre said about this one: "That song is crazy! Whoever produced it, is crazy; gotta look my CD and see who produced it..." Yo, I was the 1st to talk about this video/joint on the forum and a lot of cats were hatin'... cool... now I basically rest my case... DRE himself agrees with me... it's over...)
4) ANGIE STONE - Brotha (that's one hell of a dope ass joint, fo' real... It's crazy, crazy, crazy!!!)
5) PETEY PABLO - Raise Up
6) DR DRE ft Knoc-Turn'al - Bad Intentions
7) AALIYAH - Rock The Boat
8) JAY-Z - Girls, Girls, Girls
9) THE FIRM - Phone Tap
10) XZIBIT - What You See Is What You Get
11) PUFF DADDY & The Bad Boy Family - All About The Benjamins (Dre called it "one of the hottest tracks ever made"... I agree... the beat is on my Top 10 ever...)
12) LUDACRIS - Southern Hospitality
13) BUSTA RHYMES - Break Ya Neck
14) LAURYN HILL - Everything Is Everything
15) CRAIG MACK ft Biggie, LL, Busta, Rampage - Flava In Ya Ear Remix; (Dre called it "Hip Hop at its finest...")
16) D12 - Fight Music
17) DILATED PEOPLES - Worst Comes To Worst
18) ERIC B & RAKIM - Microphone Fiend
19) DR DRE ft Snoop Dogg & Nate Dogg - The Next Episode
20) METHOD MAN & REDMAN - Da Rockwilder
21) LIL KIM ft Lil Cease - Crush On You (Dre called that silly joint "a classic", believe it or not)
22) ICE CUBE - It Was A Good Day
23) RAY J - Formal Invite (I can't believe Dre likes that wack ass video/joint)
24) I missed it...
25) I missed it...
%*) Bonus Video 1: DR DRE ft Snoop Dogg - Deep Cover
%*) Bonus Video 2: SNOOP DOGGY DOGG - Gin And Juice

MORE NEWS AND SHIT:

DRE was chillin' with Xzibit and Knoc-Turn'al at some point during the 2-hour show...
He said he hopes to be workin' with Lil Kim in the future...
He said his next album "DETOX WILL BE RELEASED AT THE END OF NEXT YEAR" (which basically means that it's gonna come out at the end of 2002 OR early 2003... Gotta be patient y'all, he's takin' his time to drop yet another classic...
He said we should look out for "Oh My God" comin' "soon" coz "the legend Rakim is on Aftermath"...
Yo, I can't believe Dre had that Ray-J video before ANY Snoop video (not counting #24 and #25 coz I haven't seen 'em...)

you know dr. dre ony has minimal input o that list right? the more recent videos were from BET

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2001, 11:47:33 AM »
yeah .... im pretty sure this is a bullshit list dr dre made just to get rid of them fools

RivieraIII

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2001, 12:04:25 PM »
WHY should it be a bullshit list???? Coz he doesn't have more West Coast joints in it????? Or coz he's busy????? I don't see what y'all actually mean... You think Dre never has time to breathe, relax and shit??? Shit, he also was on MTV's Direct Effect a few days ago with Busta Rhymes and shit. And I also saw Jigga's and DMX's Top 25 a few weeks ago. I believe they all do the shit themselves... Plus DRE had PERSONAL comments for most of the videos anyway. Y'all need to actually SEE the shit to understand. STILL, I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT MAKES YOU THINK IT'S A BULLSHIT LIST... Y'all got me confused on this one...

RivieraIII

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2001, 12:05:19 PM »

you know dr. dre ony has minimal input o that list right? the more recent videos were from BET

WHY????????????????????????????????????????????????
HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT???????????????????????????

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2001, 12:06:38 PM »
That list BLOWS ASS!! Where is California Love, Gin & Juice, C.R.E.A.M., Big Poppa, and of course, the greatest video EVER, Tha Crossroads??
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

CWalker187

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2001, 12:12:17 PM »
DR Dre did a similar list of his top 25 videos for MTV about five years ago when he released the Aftermath Compilaiton. It had an almost completely different group of videos in it......although I remember the Method Man/Mary J. Blige song being near the top. Anyway, I highly doubt Dre put much thought into the list.

RivieraIII

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2001, 12:17:05 PM »

That list BLOWS ASS!! Where is California Love, Gin & Juice, C.R.E.A.M., Big Poppa, and of course, the greatest video EVER, Tha Crossroads??

DRE doesn't have to feel none of those videos as much as YOU do, homie... And as far as I'm concerned, I like "Big Poppa" but it's just a video, nothing more, nothing less... Same for "Crossroads"...

RivieraIII

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2001, 12:20:41 PM »

DR Dre did a similar list of his top 25 videos for MTV about five years ago when he released the Aftermath Compilaiton. It had an almost completely different group of videos in it......although I remember the Method Man/Mary J. Blige song being near the top. Anyway, I highly doubt Dre put much thought into the list.

You said it urself... FIVE YEARS AGO...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2001, 12:30:53 PM »
dude you hav torelise something if this was on mtv the list would be totally different

you'd have

sum 41
blink 182
linkon park
limp bizkit

and other groups mtv has in it's rotation , the artists only have half input on these lists, if BET let dre totally have full input on there you'd have a griiiiiiiiiiiiip of videos like atomic dog flashlight and some 80' videos that wouldn't be comercially successful for that show, Dre give the show producer a list of videos that he likes and the show eitor just picks allthe ones that will make the show have high ratings then adds some current videos for more ratings and promotion then tells dre or any other artist to put their input on it (and even sometimes those are written for them) then the show producer just puts them in a paticular order (for ratings) then BET shows it.....and by the way i'm watching the show rght now and am on Southern Hospitality

trust me this whole show is soooo obious how much input dre has in it and how crafted BET made it for ratngs

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2001, 12:34:01 PM »

You said it urself... FIVE YEARS AGO...

yeah and 5 years ago half of the videos were obviously chosen by MTV too....

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2001, 12:43:07 PM »

DRE doesn't have to feel none of those videos as much as YOU do, homie... And as far as I'm concerned, I like "Big Poppa" but it's just a video, nothing more, nothing less... Same for "Crossroads"...

It doesnt matter what he feels in this case. Tha Crossroads IS one of the top 5 videos ever, and I think I can safely say that the majority will agree with me on that. You have no idea the impact that video had. But seriously, his list BLOWS, for the most part. Videos like Tha Crossroads, Who Am I [whats my name], Dre Day, California Love, C.R.E.A.M., Shook Ones PT. II, Big Poppa, Thuggish Ruggish Bone, etc are all CLASSICS, and ANY of those I just named kill most of the ones Dre listed.

I cant believe you are actually fronting on Tha Crossroads video though. Even NON-Bone fans dont front on that video/or song.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Sikotic™

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2001, 12:48:15 PM »
One of my favorite videos were just played. "What You See Is What You Get"

It's probably my second favorite next to MJ's Smooth Criminal.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Quadruple OG

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2001, 12:48:56 PM »
u know if Dre had his way with the videos, he would have put "Nuthin but a G thang" very high on the list, cuz that video is a landmark in gangsta rap, and a legendary video.  When MTV had that rap week a few months ago, they showed that video, and many of the rappers on that show credited that video as one that influenced them to rap.