Author Topic: Why did Lady of Rage disapear on deathrow after the dogg food album?  (Read 495 times)

BCG1

• 'G'
  • "Cleveland is the City"
I know that she's still around now, but what happened to her in 96' during 2pac's All Eyez On Me because pac made sure to include everyone on deathrow on his album and she wasn't on it (which would have been a nice collab.)

no appearence on doggfather or nate dogg's album ???   Someone explain...

d-nice

Re: Why did Lady of Rage disapear on deathrow after the dogg food album?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 11:01:34 AM »
Don't know. I know they should have dropped her album shortly after Afro Puffs. But with Snoop and the Dogg Pound ahead of her, she got lost in the mix. By the time they put out her album in 97, it was too late.

Michael

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 11:05:55 AM »
Don't know. I know they should have dropped her album shortly after Afro Puffs. But with Snoop and the Dogg Pound ahead of her, she got lost in the mix. By the time they put out her album in 97, it was too late.
apprently the release schedule was Dre - Snoop - then Rage, but DPG came to dre and suge with the finished Dogg Food album so they released that instead....then Pac gopt signed and Rage was forgotten about...

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 11:07:48 AM »
also pac was a hater
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

d-nice

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 11:12:12 AM »
But by the time Pac got there(a year later after Afro Puffs), the buzz off of Afro Puffs was coming down. Not to say they could not still put her album out but she would need a new single by then. And Pac was on Rage's album and called her the baddest lyricist born so I don't think he was a hater.

BIGG-A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "DIPPIN AN WE ROLLIN... AND WE SMOKIN ON THAT GOOD
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 11:16:43 AM »
also pac was a hater
dont think so, where would she have really fit. all tupac needed at the time was his self.
BIGG-A
         EMPIRE RECORDINGS
               WISCONSIN

Crip2Nite: South Central LA's HoOdSTAr

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 11:20:35 AM »
Death Row dropped the ball big time not releasing Rage at the height of it's importance as a record label...Rage's intro verse on "Doggystyle" was hard and "Afro Puffs" was a decent single and video that got a little exposure...I think at the time the female emcee was shifting towards the Lil Kims and the Foxy Brown's route and Rage wasn't gonna sell sex...Don't know why she didn't at least have a verse on AEOM, maybe Pac didn't want to be outshined on tracc by her  :-\...The album she did manage to release was pure garbage though and by that time Death Row was on the decline and headed for it's death bed.  

LOL...U Mad? Fag :laugh:
Fuck that fake ass crip Crip2nite.  Gets on my nerves how some people on these forums

d-nice

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 11:31:28 AM »
I found this old interview from about a year ago that Allhiphop did with Rage. She said that Pac did not feel that Rage was sticking up for him or the label by not dissing Foxy and Lil Kim. I had completely forgot about this interview, but it definitely explains her relationship with Pac.

http://www.allhiphop.com/features/?ID=1160

Crip2Nite: South Central LA's HoOdSTAr

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 11:47:46 AM »
lol...Pac called Rage the weakest link cuz she wouldn't ride on Lil Kim and Foxy....Rage hurt that niggaz feelings...She says he stilltired to help her out afterwards, but that nigga took that hate with him to his grave...No way was Rage the weakest link on DR

LOL...U Mad? Fag :laugh:
Fuck that fake ass crip Crip2nite.  Gets on my nerves how some people on these forums

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 11:54:31 AM »
^^^ The above two are right, I guess just after time she kicked back and relaxed and watched things go during the old W vs E wars.
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 01:41:54 PM »
weird, rage id dope tho

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2006, 03:20:57 AM »
I think Rage had a verse on Got My Mind Made Up, but it was taken off along with Deck's to make room for Pac.

d-nice

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2006, 06:06:45 AM »
That reminds me, that Neccessary Roughness was a dope album. Beats by Premier and Daz and Rage doing lyrical manslaughter on the songs.

inazone

• 'G'
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2006, 06:07:11 AM »
I THINK HER ALBUM WAS FINISHED BUT SHELVED AND NEVER TO BE RELEASED LIKE MOST DEATH ROW ALBUMS.

LADY OF RAGE IS HOT....AFRO PUFFS IS SO CLASSIC. WHERE IS SHE TODAY?????????????????

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2006, 09:05:05 AM »
Boss Lady Entertainment