Author Topic: Wii/opera browser information...  (Read 80 times)

E. J. Rizo

Wii/opera browser information...
« on: December 22, 2006, 08:07:47 AM »
It’s currently 2:00AM EST, and the pictures are coming in. Looks like it was released in Europe and Australia around 12:00AM EST. Here in the states it was a sporadic release, I heard North Dakota got it around 1:45AM.

It’s live at 3:00AM EST for the USA. I downloaded the browser and have been putting it to the test.  This is just a live dump of info that I was accumulating during my first few hours with the browser.
The following takes place between 3:00AM and 6:00AM:

- It’s Flash 7, so no new fancy Flash 8 sites, (doh! there goes the first version of WiiFii.net..)

- Duck Hunt and Simon Flash games on WiiFii.net work GREAT

- YouTube works great, maximizing videos works great too

- Wiigg.net worked great.

- Passes the Acid 2 browser test

- Does NOT support QuickTime, Windows Media, Java, PDF

- Digg.com froze on me 4+ times, couldn’t get it to work. It would flash white then bring back to the main page. This happened while I was capturing a direct feed into my computer, now that I have it back on the TV it works great.

- wii.ign.com completely froze the browser, then it worked. Videos don’t play (asks for new flash version)

- Myspace.com works great, even the music players. I could imagine some pages will crash it (those with glittery gifs, flash slideshows, embedded audio, etc. So far so good.

- maps.google.com, worked great! The only thing that didn’t work was double clicking to zoom in. I recommend zooming in with the wiimote so you can see the google zoom tool at a decent size.

- local.live did NOT work

- Text 14pt and smaller is very hard to read, but the zoom in works very quick and intuitively
- The screen resolution on a 16×9 TV is 1024×500

- Flash games play at there set frame rate (give or take)

- Flash cursors will not override the wii cursor

- Shockwave is not supported

- When testing the browser settings it says the code name is “Mozilla”, hmmm

- It is a build of Opera 9

- Cookies are supported

- Flickr works great

- Going to favorites or hitting back will sometime “choke” the browser. Definitely still buggy, but hey it’s a trial and they have 3 months to work it out.

www.wiinintendo.net

so all those flash sites especially that one i showed you www.wiifii.net will be brought back down to flash 7 since it doesnt support flash 8

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
Re: Wii/opera browser information...
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 02:41:08 PM »
Thanks for the info. Some answered my questions, every now and again it seems youtube isn't working for people...meh oh well.
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"