Author Topic: Sony loses another exclusive, Virtua Fighter 5 coming to 360!  (Read 286 times)

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Sony loses another exclusive, Virtua Fighter 5 coming to 360!
« on: December 21, 2006, 12:32:53 PM »
Virtua Fighter 5 dukes it out on Xbox 360
Sega's original 3D fighting series goes multiplatform, set to debut on Microsoft's system in late summer 2007.

The Virtua Fighter series has never been known as a multiplatform franchise for consoles. Outside of a forgettable port of Virtua Fighter 2 to the Sega Genesis, the series has always kept itself to one home at any given time. From its console debut on the Sega Saturn, the series made an all-too-brief cameo appearance during the Dreamcast's all-too-brief lifespan with Virtua Fighter 3tb before settling in on the PlayStation 2 for Virtua Fighter 4 and Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution.

So when Sega announced that it was bringing Virtua Fighter 5 to the PlayStation 3, many had assumed it would stay there. That changed today. Sega announced that it would be bringing the latest installment in its premiere fighting franchise to the Xbox 360 in late summer of next year. The PS3 edition of the game will still beat its new counterpart to retailers, as it is scheduled for a February 20 release in North America, and will be a launch release in Europe when Sony's system debuts there next March.

The game adds two characters to the series roster for a total of 17 fighters and brings back the ability to customize characters with new accessories. Virtua Fighter 5 is rated T for Teen. For more information, check out GameSpot's previous coverage of the PS3 version.

-Gamespot.com

"SEGA delivers the most technical fighting game experience on Xbox 360 with this installment of the award-winning Virtua Fighter series," said Scott A. Steinberg, vice president marketing, SEGA of America. "Virtua Fighter 5 takes full advantage of Xbox 360's hardware with action-packed gameplay, customizable characters, stunning graphics and highly detailed 3D fighting environments."

"The Virtua Fighter series from SEGA has one of the most prestigious histories in video games," said Jeff Bell, corporate VP of marketing at Xbox. "It's a franchise that has grown an army of loyal fans both in arcades and on consoles worldwide, and is consistently rated extremely high by the media. Fighting game fans have been hungry for Virtua Fighter 5 and we can now proudly deliver this game with Sega to Xbox 360 gamers around the world."
-IGN.com

« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 12:51:50 PM by Smoke-San »

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
Re: Sony loses another exclusive, Virtua Fighter 5 coming to 360!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 05:29:20 PM »
360>PS3
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 06:46:02 PM »
Good, now i'm just waiting for Konami to come out of no where and announce MGS for 360. The official announcement title could be "BOOM! HEADSHOT! PS3 is dead."

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 08:30:33 PM »
yea this is actually a pretty big loss for sony,i was really lookin forward to VF5 ,works out good now that its comin to 360

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 03:40:11 AM »
PS3 is still getting it first by at least 4 months or so, therefore it's not that much of a loss, certainly not in Japan anyway, as they will be desperate to play the game in February and you will see a rise in PS3 sales (once more are avaliable) to reflect this.

Also may be interesting to find out which Sega team is dealing with the port over to the 360, because if AM2 themselves aren't doing it, then the end result is likely to not be as good as it is on PS3.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2006, 02:16:39 PM »
Good, now i'm just waiting for Konami to come out of no where and announce MGS for 360. The official announcement title could be "BOOM! HEADSHOT! PS3 is dead."

lol they said that about MGS2 and when they released it on XBox no-one bought it

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2006, 02:57:19 PM »

lol they said that about MGS2 and when they released it on XBox no-one bought it

Difference is, PS2 had/has a lot of great games. PS3 is struggling to keep its exclusives that people were excited about.If it turned out that MGS ended up on 360 as well then what other games are coming out only for PS3? Devil May Cry is the only big game I can think of, and who in their right mind would buy a PS3 for 1 game?

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2006, 03:01:20 PM »

Difference is, PS2 had/has a lot of great games. PS3 is struggling to keep its exclusives that people were excited about.If it turned out that MGS ended up on 360 as well then what other games are coming out only for PS3? Devil May Cry is the only big game I can think of, and who in their right mind would buy a PS3 for 1 game?

True, MGS4 is the only reason to get a PS3 at the moment. The inevitable special edition is likely to appear on 360, but I wonder if Kojima will have to develop the game from scratch cos I don't think a straight port is that simple.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2006, 12:48:05 AM »
Good.

Brazemac

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2006, 05:36:27 AM »
haha that game is played out anyways. all the version look basically the same.
MGS4 will be on ps3 and games like heavenly sword and kill zone is coming out which seem to be even doper.
That's plenty of reason to get a ps3. Oh and let's not forget the upcoming GTA

The Game & Raekwon The Chef All Into Da DUBCNN MAGAZINE!

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2006, 01:34:24 PM »
Oh and let's not forget the upcoming GTA

Coming out for 360 on the same day.