Author Topic: WSCG Cypress Hill beef  (Read 298 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
WSCG Cypress Hill beef
« on: December 26, 2006, 09:57:21 AM »
can someone explain to me the circumstances surrounding the cypress/wscg beef? i never knew what happened really. just heard there was a beef.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

d-nice

Re: WSCG Cypress Hill beef
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 10:09:34 AM »
Cypress approached Cube to do a song on his Friday soundtrack with him appearing on the song. Probably like Muggs doing the beat and Cube rapping on it. Cube declined. No big deal. But Cube heard Throw Your Set In The Air and he wanted that song. Cypress said the song was for Temples Of Boom. Cube then came out with Friday which had a similar hook to Cypress' song. B-Real took offense to that and dissed Cube for stealing the idea of the song on a song called No Rest For The Wicked on TOB. Cube responded to that song on Westside Connection's album Bow Down on a song called Cross Em Out & Put A K and King Of The Hill with Mack 10. Kam at this time had beef with Cube and Solo also. Solo knocked Cube out and took his WSC chain, which later came up on a picture on a rap mag with B-Real holding it posing with Kam and Solo. B-Real came back with Ice Cube Killa and after that the beef was starting to get heavy. But they squashed it and Cube and B appeared on a track called Man Of Steel on Shaq's soundtrack.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 10:15:38 AM »
1.so cube didn't want to make a new song with them for the soundtrack but he wanted their already recorded 'throw your set' song on the sndtrk?
2.since they declined, he used a similar hook on the actual song 'friday'?
3.who is solo and under what circumstance could he have possibly gotten away with knocking out ice cube? these days people go to jail for such shit.
4. any word on that chain since that photo? damn, that musta been some embarrassing ass shit.
thanks
-T

westcoastavengers.com

d-nice

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 10:26:06 AM »
1.so cube didn't want to make a new song with them for the soundtrack but he wanted their already recorded 'throw your set' song on the sndtrk?
2.since they declined, he used a similar hook on the actual song 'friday'?
3.who is solo and under what circumstance could he have possibly gotten away with knocking out ice cube? these days people go to jail for such shit.
4. any word on that chain since that photo? damn, that musta been some embarrassing ass shit.
thanks
-T

1. See Muggs did alot of producing for Cube for the Predator. Wicked was originally a Cypress song but it did not have vocals. Lick A Shot and Cock The Hammer were orginally Cube songs but with no vocals. Muggs just produced the beats. To what extent Cube wanted that track, I don't know but the hook is similar to both songs. You gotta understand Cypress & Cube were good friends back then and Cube was a big fan of their music. Muggs was co executive producer of the Predator so Cube wanted that sound Muggs had on his album

2. Cypress just said that the song was for their album. They had submitted something to Cube but he did not use it. B-Real also said something about Cube had jacked some more of their ideas for the Kausion album or something like that.

3. Hey that is street shit. I've seen people get knocked out before and nobody went to jail. I did not stick around to get the full story or snitch to somebody.  ;D But Solo is a artist affiliated with Kam. It is not like Cube could have done anything about it, he got slept  ;D but Kam was signed to Lench Mob and he got a fucked up deal there so I am sure that had something to do with it.

4. They gave the chain back to Mack 10.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 10:31:27 AM by d-nice »

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 10:31:35 AM »
1.Kausion a cypress album?
2.cube and cypress have some collabs then, since he worked so much muggs, any tracks pre-beef with ice cube and b-real over muggs tracks that were released(or unreleased for that matter)?
3.anyone know anything about the circumstances surrounding them giving the chain back to mack? ex, was it b real or kam or solo that gave it to mack 10, how long after the magazine photo did they give it back to him? etc.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

d-nice

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 10:38:06 AM »
1.Kausion a cypress album?
2.cube and cypress have some collabs then, since he worked so much muggs, any tracks pre-beef with ice cube and b-real over muggs tracks that were released(or unreleased for that matter)?
3.anyone know anything about the circumstances surrounding them giving the chain back to mack? ex, was it b real or kam or solo that gave it to mack 10, how long after the magazine photo did they give it back to him? etc.

-T

1. Wow you have been out of the mix for a while  ;D Kausion is a group Ice Cube put out on Lench Mob (dope album by the way, South Central Los Skanaless) B-Real appeared on a song for the album.

2. Not that I know of. Would be dope though. Cube worked more with Muggs and made appearances on their videos.

3. I don't know if Kam or Solo gave the chain to Mack but they gave it back. Mack wanted to squash it before it got worse.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2006, 10:42:11 AM »
mack 10 sounds like a good guy. LOL flashback, a couple months ago, I was working at the mall in Ontario. I was selling this african american woman something and she was talking about how she doesn't live in ontario, I said 'where do you live?' she says "inglewood", mind you I look like a complete hippie at all times, I reply "Oh you be seein' Mack 10 around?" she was shocked, laughed, slapped me on the shoulder all excited "yeah actually he do be around sometimes, that's crazy that you knew that."

-T

westcoastavengers.com

d-nice

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2006, 10:50:45 AM »
mack 10 sounds like a good guy. LOL flashback, a couple months ago, I was working at the mall in Ontario. I was selling this african american woman something and she was talking about how she doesn't live in ontario, I said 'where do you live?' she says "inglewood", mind you I look like a complete hippie at all times, I reply "Oh you be seein' Mack 10 around?" she was shocked, laughed, slapped me on the shoulder all excited "yeah actually he do be around sometimes, that's crazy that you knew that."

-T

LOL! I just think Mack wanted to see a end come to that beef. WC did not get involved because he was good friends with Cypress but the beef was starting to become street shit.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2006, 10:54:07 AM »
damn. crazy shit. thanks homey. i always wondered about that shit.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

d-nice

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2006, 10:59:37 AM »
No problem. I am a big Cypress/Cube fan so I remember that beef. I did not take a side on the whole thing but music wise some dope songs came out of it. Beef or no beef.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2006, 11:00:18 AM »
woulda been hard to take a side, i love all those cats!

-T

westcoastavengers.com

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2006, 11:41:00 AM »
all this is explained rather well in the beef II dvd.......my favorite part of the dvd, personally.......both b real, muggs, and mack 10 give first person accounts of everything, no hearsay shit.....very entertaining, and yes, alot of good music was made as a result........
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2006, 11:42:44 AM »
If anyone could pm me and hook up the kaution album it would be dope ive never heard it.

On another note there is a cypress hill song on the soundtrack. "Its friday morning"..... " inhale exale"

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2006, 11:44:14 AM »
If anyone could pm me and hook up the kaution album it would be dope ive never heard it.

On another note there is a cypress hill song on the soundtrack. "Its friday morning"..... " inhale exale"
i own it.........let me see what i can do
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

d-nice

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2006, 11:45:07 AM »

Roll It Up, Light It Up, Smoke It Up.