Author Topic: An Artest-Maggette trade could be done by Friday?  (Read 311 times)

GangstaBoogy

An Artest-Maggette trade could be done by Friday?
« on: December 27, 2006, 10:28:25 PM »
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

t.c.o.p.

• 'G'
Re: An Artest-Maggette trade could be done by Friday?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 10:55:29 PM »
thatd be good for the clippers, and good for the kings...but better for the clips.
- kemp>mj

ecrazy

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 11:03:30 PM »
It would be bitter sweet. Corey has been with the team for a very long time, a crowd favorite....but then again hes unhappy here as well

WC Iz Active

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 12:03:34 AM »
It would be bitter sweet. Corey has been with the team for a very long time, a crowd favorite....but then again hes unhappy here as well

who cares, Artest is easily the better overall player.  Corey is a better Offensive player no doubt but he has no real identity as a player, I'l take Ronnie over him any day.  Maggette is wayyyy to soft on the Defensive side of the game.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 12:07:16 AM »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 12:27:20 AM »

who cares, Artest is easily the better overall player.  Corey is a better Offensive player no doubt but he has no real identity as a player, I'l take Ronnie over him any day.  Maggette is wayyyy to soft on the Defensive side of the game.

Yepp. That's why Mike Dunleavy has been trying to get him. Corey Maggette is a great player but he takes a lot of bad shots and plays 0 defense. Too bad they can't keep both. Magette being their 2nd scoring option and Artest out there shutting the other teams best player down would be crazy.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 03:39:17 AM »
omg the clippers are going to own ass in the second half of the season if this falls through

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 06:19:28 AM »
it would be an awesome move for the clips if that trade went down, but according to most hoopshype articles, it is unlikely it will happen

The Clippers would prefer to trade Corey Maggette to the Sacramento Kings for Ron Artest, but they're not waiting by the phone. The Kings contacted the Clippers last Friday to gauge the Clippers' interest in acquiring Artest, but as of Wednesday night had not made a formal trade proposal, Clippers sources said. Los Angeles Times

Despite a report claiming the Kings could be days from trading Ron Artest to the Los Angeles Clippers for Corey Maggette, all indications are that the deal will not go down. And while Kings president of basketball operations Geoff Petrie would not discuss the potential trade for Maggette that was reported in the Los Angeles Times, he did speak of Artest as if he weren't going anywhere anytime soon. Sacramento Bee

"His happiness level is fine," Petrie said before the Kings faced Philadelphia on Wednesday night at Arco Arena. "He has a very large performance bank account. A lot of people have forgotten what it was like around here before he got here. "I guess you could sum (the trade talk) up this way. It's a lot of noise, mostly white noise, like when a hen oodles -- wow, lays an egg -- and it makes a sound like it made a meteor." Sacramento Bee

Asked about Artest's locker room impact and any potential influence on teammates, Petrie said: "He has some esoteric qualities. A lot of people do." As for whether Artest has approached management with a desire to be traded, Petrie would only say, "That's a hypothetical question that you're going to have to save." Sacramento Bee

So the Clippers continued to consider potential deals with other teams involving Maggette, who is expected to be traded somewhere soon because of his poor relationship with Coach Mike Dunleavy. Other than a potential Artest-Maggette deal, the Clippers haven't been overwhelmed with the players teams have proposed offering for Maggette, who averaged at least 20 points a game in the 2003-04 and 2004-05 seasons. Los Angeles Times

The Clippers could have acquired a first-round pick for Maggette in the last draft but weren't interested because that draft wasn't considered as strong or deep as the 2007 draft. If the Clippers were only building for the future, they might move Maggette for some of the young players teams have supposedly made available in exchange for the seven-year veteran. Los Angeles Times

wcsoldier

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 09:22:36 AM »
Good trade for the Clips but for how long ? 6 months until Artest wants to play for another team again  ::)

NTP

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 09:25:13 AM »
DAMN! i would who would go along with them

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 11:08:11 AM »
where does it say hes gonna get traded? They said the deal wasnt gonna go down

HORRIBLE TRADE FOR THE KINGS

Magette is overrated

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2006, 11:11:15 AM »
once the kings starting winning again artest will be fine....he just didnt expect to be 12-14 but we have had a tuff scedule 3 times. weve played the wests 4 best records twice each already

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2006, 11:25:42 AM »
The trade is NOT going down...

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2006, 03:49:06 PM »
The trade is NOT going down...

It better not.

The Best of 3 Worlds

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2006, 01:39:37 PM »
Looks like he could be going to a Florida team...

Miami
According to a league source, the Heat have been in contact with the Clippers about a possible trade for swingman Corey Maggette.

Maggette has been on the trading block since last season, and the Heat have players that are in a similar salary range to Maggette, including James Posey and Antoine Walker.

Maggette is under contract through next season with a player option for the 2008-09 season.

Orlando
Corey Maggette would like to be dealt out of Los Angeles and the former Magic swingman recently told the Orlando media that he would love a return.

"Write a headline for me," Maggette said.