Author Topic: City Trucker Hits N.Y. Rapper  (Read 262 times)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
City Trucker Hits N.Y. Rapper
« on: December 29, 2006, 11:08:42 AM »
WATERBURY: Trucker jailed after striking rapper

Friday, December 29, 2006

BY JONATHAN BANDLER

Copyright © 2006 Republican-American

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Hip-hop artist Styles P is recovering from a broken leg he sustained when a Waterbury, Conn., truck driver smashed into him during a road rage confrontation in Greenburgh, police said.

The driver, John Henson, 50, of West Lakeside Boulevard, was charged with second-degree assault and is due back in Town Court on Tuesday.

The incident occurred Saturday afternoon on Saw Mill River Road. The 32-year-old rapper, whose real name is David Styles, told police his 2003 Mercedes-Benz was cut off by the truck at Fairview Park Drive. He said he then cut off the truck, got out and threw napkins at the window.

As he was getting back in his car, Styles told police, the truck hit the back of his car, his car door and then him. Police said his left leg was broken and he was taken to Westchester Medical Center for treatment.

Henson said he entered the road off a side street and did not see Styles driving behind him until Styles sped up, went around his truck and slammed on the breaks at a traffic light. When he saw Styles reach for an object, Henson said he instinctively ducked, hit the gas pedal and tried to maneuver around Styles.

"He was screaming, hollering, carrying on in a rage," Henson said. "When he reached for an object I didn't know if he was going to shoot me or something."

Once he realized he hit Styles in the leg, Henson said he pulled over and called the police. He said he spent four days in jail and had his driver's license suspended for a month because of the incident.

"This totally devastated Christmas for my five children, and now I have to worry about getting my paycheck," he said.

Styles, 32, of Cortlandt Manor, grew up in Yonkers, N.Y., and was a founding member of The Lox with pals Jadakiss and Sheek Louch. His first solo album, "A Gangster and a Gentleman," was released in 2002 and he is awaiting the release of a second album, "Time is Money."

He has performed with numerous top rappers, including Notorious B.I.G. and Sean "Diddy" Combs, but in recent years has been embroiled in the public feud in the rap world that has erupted between Jadakiss and Ja Rule and rapper 50 Cent.

He and his buddies from The Lox formed the group D-Block and recently joined a Westchester gas station mogul in a $1 million renovation project for a new gas station, car wash and convenience store at Ashburton and Nepperhan avenues in their hometown.

"I'd like to talk to him and apologize, but the judge put a restraining order on me," he said.

He was released on $1,500 bail after appearing in court on Tuesday. The felony charge is punishable by up to seven years in state prison.

Jonathan Bandler writes for The Journal News in the Lower Hudson Valley, N.Y. Republican-American staff writer Gennady Sheyner contributed to this report.

Source: http://www.rep-am.com/story.php?id=17399

Oh, shit. :-\ :P

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
Re: City Trucker Hits N.Y. Rapper
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 08:03:04 PM »
Styles P 'Da ghost' ain't nothing lol, rudeboi/truck driver should have broke his mouth, he missed it by quite an amount :(. But anyway it had to be a rapper didn't it? Lol when xmas time comes around thats when the celebs and major things happen. James brown passed away, saddam dead, other peeps family passing away quick, people in so many accidents, etc. Nothing quite like winter eh?
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

REGIME MOB 510

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 08:57:06 PM »
since diddy didnt pay them, atleast styles will come up with a little check from this accident.  get your money playah!

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 09:20:32 PM »
feel bad for the driver. styles was probably just being an frontin flamboyant black man and dude probably got scared and made a mistake.

WestCoasta

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 09:57:46 PM »
styles was probably just being an frontin flamboyant black man and dude probably got scared and made a mistake.

lol

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 12:35:27 AM »
lol @ the responses in this thread

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 02:37:34 AM »
Too bad they didn't kill him. D Block bores me.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE