Author Topic: Without Ice Cube, there is no West Coast...  (Read 791 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Without Ice Cube, there is no West Coast...
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2007, 09:46:45 AM »
Topic: Without Ice Cube, there is would be no West Coast...

kemizt

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2007, 04:02:40 PM »
Ice Cube isn't just west coast. Ice Cube is HIP HOP.

Ice Cube influenced a whole generation of emcees from all over the country.

Ice Cube's hard core rap style was emulated by rappers everywhere. Ice Cube was concious, not concious like let's say Mos Def or Common, who are more "nice" in their style but Cube was just in your face and didn't give a fuck what you thought of it. He spoke his mind and embraced controversy. He tackeled every controversial subject matter that you can think of with ferocity and didn't pull punches.

Ice Cube is a pioneer, a legend, the true king of the west coast, the true king of hip hop period. As far as I see it, Ice Cube is the ultimate emcee, a great songwriter, performer, innovator.

Ice Cube is the second greatest rapper of all time right behind 2pac in my mind.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2007, 04:08:55 PM »
Without Dre there is no Ice Cube.

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2007, 10:32:20 PM »

Without Eazy, there is no Dre.     ;)

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2007, 10:36:48 PM »

No way man. Easy, Cube, Snoop, didn't need Dre, they would've eventually made their own way. But on the other hand, 50 Cent, The Game, and Eminem would be unknowns without Dre. Shows the generation changed, Dre is a lot bigger influence on making hits these days, even with the lower quality of music.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2007, 10:49:34 PM »

No way man. Easy, Cube, Snoop, didn't need Dre, they would've eventually made their own way. But on the other hand, 50 Cent, The Game, and Eminem would be unknowns without Dre. Shows the generation changed, Dre is a lot bigger influence on making hits these days, even with the lower quality of music.

you can prolly add the black nigga named Ren to that list as well.   8)

i think snoop needed dre though? 

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

swangin and bangin

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2007, 10:52:10 PM »
why did dj yella look like a straight up white boy?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2007, 10:54:05 PM »
$hort should get more credit than just breakin down the doors for the Bay.  He created the style of PIMPIN on wax.  and the pimp style became just as popular as gangsta rap till they both messhed to make G-Funk.  ill i ask is to give credit where its due.   8)
You speakin' the truth homie  8)

you know we gotta call shit out when we know the people we listen to aint gettin their deserved props.   8)

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

riphuero

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2007, 11:54:49 PM »
Ice Cube paved the Yellow Brick road know as "West Coast Hip-Hop"..

If you don't know, read about it.
Before Pac
before Snoop, When Dre was doing what he's best at (Producing).

Cube was writting, "Dopeman" & "Boyz-N-Tha Hood"
AKA the fuse to this whole movement.

WELL U RIGHT HOMIE CUBE IS THE LYRICS SO  U RIGHT WITH OUT CUBE MAN WESTCOAST WOOD B A WHOLE DIFF DEAL...IM DOWN WITH UR WORDZ

swangin and bangin

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2007, 12:13:57 AM »
no vaseline= one of the best disses ever

Crip2Nite: South Central LA's HoOdSTAr

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2007, 01:40:47 PM »
Actually I belive Ice-T was the first rapper to blow up on the west coast.Through the years 83 - 87 he had the crown! Then i shud say Cube took over in 88 - 92, and then 2Pac continiued in 93 - 96. After pacs death i would say Snoop took the crown, wich now belongs to The Game  :)

;)

Uh, without Ice T there is no West Coast period....you young muthafuccaz is a trip....Ever heard of "High Roller" "Killers" "6 in the morning"?...Even though Ice T is from Jersey, he was putting it down way before Ice Cube was even thinking about touching a mic...not to mention a little movie called "Colors" which featured the theme song by Ice, which was big at the time & before N.W.A. even blew up to become the super group they are now known for..Even Cube gives Ice T his props

LOL @ Snoop, Eazy & Ren not needing Dre  :laugh:..if there was ever anyone who didn't need Dr. Dre (the god of producing  ::)), it was Ice Cube and I think he has already proven that fact   

LOL...U Mad? Fag :laugh:
Fuck that fake ass crip Crip2nite.  Gets on my nerves how some people on these forums

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2007, 03:46:04 PM »
all eazy brought to the table was drug money and a high pitched marketable voice. taking D.O.C.'s publishing for a watch and chain. karma, no wonder dude got AIDS.

they all needed dre and cube. cube, the writer. dre, the producer. mc ren and yella: also dope writer and producer, eazy=drug money, commercial voice/persona.

ice t is og as well as cube.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Outlaw Immortal

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2007, 06:40:44 PM »
"short is under rated"- Mr.Dolla$iGn

Shut up fag.

Actually I belive Ice-T was the first rapper to blow up on the west coast.Through the years 83 - 87 he had the crown! Then i shud say Cube took over in 88 - 92, and then 2Pac continiued in 93 - 96. After pacs death i would say Snoop took the crown, wich now belongs to The Game  :)

;)

Uh, without Ice T there is no West Coast period....you young muthafuccaz is a trip....Ever heard of "High Roller" "Killers" "6 in the morning"?...Even though Ice T is from Jersey, he was putting it down way before Ice Cube was even thinking about touching a mic...not to mention a little movie called "Colors" which featured the theme song by Ice, which was big at the time & before N.W.A. even blew up to become the super group they are now known for..Even Cube gives Ice T his props

LOL @ Snoop, Eazy & Ren not needing Dre  :laugh:..if there was ever anyone who didn't need Dr. Dre (the god of producing  ::)), it was Ice Cube and I think he has already proven that fact   

True, except tupac also never needed dre.

Ice T brought gangsta rap, period. Tupac quoted from him and in an interview and said he looked up to him, ice cube, krs one etc. Man people likes eazy e because everyone likes him, but eazy e wasnt the backbone of nwa, ice cube was, he wrote lyrics, marketed shit in a way he knew would sell better or worse, eazy e took advantage of it and cut back a lot of money and took a lot of credit, thats when beef started to emerge, read up on it if you dont believe me, its a common fact.

And even though tupac is my favourite rapper and who i look up to, i still will admit without ice t, nothin would of happened.

BIGG-A

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "DIPPIN AN WE ROLLIN... AND WE SMOKIN ON THAT GOOD
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2007, 08:34:45 PM »
what up wit ICE T.
BIGG-A
         EMPIRE RECORDINGS
               WISCONSIN

Westdog

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2007, 05:21:04 AM »
WITHOUT ICE CUBE NWA ISNT GREAT GROUP ,PAC VERY RESPECTED CUBE ,CUBE ONE OF THE BEST MC's IN THE WORLD
This my town, I run it, you walk it
You just now learnin’ the game, I taught it