Author Topic: Without Ice Cube, there is no West Coast...  (Read 792 times)

MIAMI4LIFE

Re: Without Ice Cube, there is no West Coast...
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2007, 06:13:35 AM »
Cube is definitely the epitomy of West Coast hip hop he wrote Eazy's classic album, Straight Outta Compton, himself he has numerous classics and still is revelant in the game today dropping a gold album independently almost 20 years in the game...

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2007, 06:57:36 AM »
WITHOUT ICE CUBE NWA ISNT GREAT GROUP ,PAC VERY RESPECTED CUBE ,CUBE ONE OF THE BEST MC's IN THE WORLD

lol

kemizt

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2007, 10:46:01 AM »
No one's denying Ice-T props, we're just giving props to Cube. I was actually a fan of Ice-T before I was a fan of Ice Cube. Ice-T was one of the people who got me into rap music, Ice-T and Public Enemy. I remember when Colors dropped in '87 or '88, whenever that was and that was hard. Ice-T was down with Afrika Islam and Afrika Bambataa, and Ice-T co-formed the west coast chapter of the Zulu nation along with Bronx native Afrika Islam. Someone posted an interview with Afrika Islam in Outbound a while back.

I remember when Julio G was on 92.3 the beat years ago, he told a story on the air of when he was a kday mixmaster back in the 80's. Ice-T approached him with a copy of Krs-One's South Bronx and told him to play it on the air and Julio G did, thus introducing Krs-One to the LA audience.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels