Author Topic: DUBCNN: Reader Suggestions For 2007 (Prizes Awarded for Ideas We Initiate)  (Read 1968 times)

everlast1986

Re: DUBCNN: Reader Suggestions For 2007 (Prizes Awarded for Ideas We Initiate)
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2007, 11:15:43 AM »
I personally think DUBCNN is fine the way it is but the DUBCNN Mixtape idea sounds good and the online radio show idea.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2007, 11:37:54 AM »
Hmm....quick brainstorm....

-Dual interviews, or interviews with two rappers askin each other questions, just to switch it up a lil. For example...interviewing Daz and Kurupt at the same time...or havin Bishop/Glasses interviewin Snoop/Cube or interactin with em. It would really depend on the artists involved to see how it goes.

-"Unsigned hype" type of section, whether it's monthly, bi-monthly, or whatever....but some highlighting a rapper or producer who is virtually unknown to the industry and most fans, and doing a short bio and a few tracks. Dubcnn has always put unknown artists up in the same fashion as they have put the established artists up, as far as the bios, interviews, and songs...but I think this would highlight the best ones, and give them something to work for.

-Each month or however often, highlight a different city or even neighborhood (for major cities) from the west coast....give their music history, name as many artists as you can from there, and anything that would let people know about the city to link them with something else. Put up different tracks from their established, as well as unestablished artists. Possibly put pictures up of different landmarks or whatever in that city. You could also mention anyone else from the city who's not a rapper/producer, and mention the high schools or anything else that the city is known for...and maybe even use quotes from the rappers. Off the top...you could list spots like Vegas, South Central, Watts, Mid City, Oakland (I don't know the different hoods there), Frisco, Sacramento, Fairfield, Vallejo, Phoenix, Seattle, Portland, I.E., Orange County (possibly), Inglewood, Long Beach, Compton, E.P.A., San Diego....and I'm sure it's more that have had some sort of influence on the rap game.

-Quotes of the month from Dubcc topics...as well as making mention of the hottest topics on the board at the time.

-As Lord Funk said, blogs...but do something to make them different....such as using quotes from the members on the board.

-Do polls for the typical questions, such as top artists, songs, and albums...and on anything else such as your favorite new west artist, the chances of the west "coming back", the state of the west coast, your favorite non-west coast rapper, etc etc

I'll prolly drop more later.

i B 2 QUIK 2 c

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2007, 12:13:53 PM »

in order to increase fan - artist interaction, maybe u should consider live chats... i dont know how the logistics would work, but id be interested in loggin into online chats with west coast artists... peace

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2007, 12:21:50 PM »
tight suggestions!!!!!

TuKer Says: Angeles Records is the truth!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2007, 12:31:24 PM »
i think it would be nice to see diary's from artists, upcoming artists or established artists

We Fly High

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2007, 12:33:24 PM »
i think it would be nice to see diary's from artists, upcoming artists or established artists

thats a great idea.

WILL-I-DIE

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2007, 02:52:15 PM »
you know what would be great if we can gamble on sports wit our
karma points or something like that.ive seen it on other forums.they gamble
on sports wit points they got.
Rud hit me up if you want me to give you the site where they have this.
i thing it would be DOPE if we had it on dubcc.

on the music tip.i think we should have like a profile of the week or something like
that where we learn more about the artist.you know shit like where were you born,where
you grew up at, what made you get into music, ect...this way we learn more about the artists.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 02:58:06 PM by Will-I-Die »

T-Dub

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2007, 07:42:35 PM »
Artists Chats

Similar to what "i B 2 QUIK 2 c" said.  Occasionally different artists can have a live chat on DUBCNN with the fans.  Sometimes not every question is asked in the interviews and this gives the posters a more personal interaction with the artists.

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2007, 08:22:58 PM »
Hold contests and announce winners to either be the lucky ones to chat with an artist online so say like only 5 people win and get the chance to chat with Snoop....

Hold a contest and announce winners that get to talk to an artist on the telephone for like 10 mins.. to make this safe for the artist have them call the winner from a blocked phone or something.

Hold a contest and announce winners that get to interview artists themselves and then post the results of their interview on Dubcnn.

TuKer Says: Angeles Records is the truth!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2007, 09:43:17 PM »
hold a contest and the winners get a trip to meet an artist with all paid and $3,000 prize.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2007, 10:00:27 PM »
hold a contest and the winners get a trip to meet an artist with all paid and $3,000 prize.

Honestly that might be asking a bit much.. Dubcnn isn't exactly a rich website.  Hence the donations thread.  I doubt they could afford to pay for someone to fly down and meet an artists with a $3,000 dollar prize.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2007, 04:30:34 PM »
No more suggestions people?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2007, 04:35:20 PM »
Cohesive efforts on the part of the site managers and forum community to communicate big important ideas to hotly discussed artists, IE: "DRE PLEASE MAKE KURUPT RIP UP A 16 ON DETOX" on a fuckin' plane flying through Bev hills or some shit. I'm only half kidding, we should have debate threads where we decide on a consensus to attempt to communicate.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

WILL-I-DIE

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2007, 08:10:25 PM »
^^^ wow dogg.you be getting down wit the keyboard.are you some kind of writer?

C-clamp

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2007, 09:14:23 PM »
I think the idea to profile a different city in the west coast is a tight idea.

you guys are already good at breaking new talent

Maybe have users compile a history of west coast rap for the site, a certain user profiles a certain time in west coast rap history.

I know a couple of basketball site are doing this now, having players take questions from users and do advice columns, like a dear abby sort of thing, get meech or bishop or some one to give advice to users (for an example, www.dimemag.com is doing this with ron artest)