Author Topic: DUBCNN: Reader Suggestions For 2007 (Prizes Awarded for Ideas We Initiate)  (Read 1969 times)

acgrundy

Re: DUBCNN: Reader Suggestions For 2007 (Prizes Awarded for Ideas We Initiate)
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2007, 09:21:57 PM »
Live chats with artists

oop albums for free or really cheap d/l

High quality music videos for d/l

maybe some sort of thing when u interview an artist and you can give the artist a page of honest opinions from dubcnn and let the artist give their reaction to those opinions

acgrundy

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2007, 10:01:38 PM »
here is one I thought of, just kind of a blueprint of what could be...

When an artist is in the process of making an album, get them to submit small snippits of beats, hooks/choruses, samples of raps, and snippits of multiple songs.  put those snippits up for d/l on the page and let people vote on them.  because how many times has a song with a dope ass beat and rap been ruined by a wack hook/chorus?  How many times has a dope rapper just rapper over garbage ass beats which just made the album unlistenable?  How many times did a guest spot ruin a song because it was just way out of place?  How many times did a song that was straight bangin, not make the final cut for whatever reason (yeah I'm talking to u snoop)

I think maybe if artists can put out these samples while in the process of making an album, and get some real feedback from honest people who are not just going to say everything is bangin, maybe albums can come out a bit better.  If an artist puts up a sample of beats that he plans on using and the polls show that everyone hates them, then maybe they won't show up on the album.  Or in the other case if a song like "No Bacctraccin" gets previewed and it is overwhelmingly popular, maybe it will make the album.

sometimes your friends have a hard time giving you honest feedback, and if these artists are only letting their friends/business partners hear the shit, maybe they are not always getting the right feedback to direct the album.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2007, 10:32:23 PM »

When an artist is in the process of making an album, get them to submit small snippits of beats, hooks/choruses, samples of raps, and snippits of multiple songs.  put those snippits up for d/l on the page and let people vote on them.  because how many times has a song with a dope ass beat and rap been ruined by a wack hook/chorus?  How many times has a dope rapper just rapper over garbage ass beats which just made the album unlistenable?  How many times did a guest spot ruin a song because it was just way out of place?  How many times did a song that was straight bangin, not make the final cut for whatever reason (yeah I'm talking to u snoop)

I think maybe if artists can put out these samples while in the process of making an album, and get some real feedback from honest people who are not just going to say everything is bangin, maybe albums can come out a bit better.  If an artist puts up a sample of beats that he plans on using and the polls show that everyone hates them, then maybe they won't show up on the album.  Or in the other case if a song like "No Bacctraccin" gets previewed and it is overwhelmingly popular, maybe it will make the album.

sometimes your friends have a hard time giving you honest feedback, and if these artists are only letting their friends/business partners hear the shit, maybe they are not always getting the right feedback to direct the album.

Yeah I think that would work. Although most rappers and producers are too conceited to admit it..they always want to know how the average fan feels about certain songs they do...and usually, it's too late when the fans are like "they fell off" and "that song sucks for them".

Gambler

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Raw Impact
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2007, 12:42:08 AM »

merge dubcnn with another popular Hiphop site like u guys did with westcoast2k  ;)

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2007, 01:47:36 AM »
It might be an 'overdone' idea, but what about regular blogs on the site?

XXL is really good at this - the magazine has a bunch of bloggers who post pretty regularly on the site, giving their take on recent news and releases. The good thing is that they've selected people with different tastes and views, so there's a 'something for everyone' kinda thing going on.

Also, it means a site can offer views and opinions rather than simply reporting news.
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Timmeeeehh

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bloaw.
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2007, 09:12:28 AM »
Don't know if it's posted already, but anyway:

* DubCNN DVD - with interviews, behind the scenes by concerts/studio work, music, exclusive freestyles, etc.

* That Blog idea would be dope.. Maybe try getting some inside-artists to post sometimes.

* Some YouTube elements, like those interviews mentioned before

Tsjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2007, 09:27:45 AM »
^^^ wow dogg.you be getting down wit the keyboard.are you some kind of writer?

I like to think I'm some kind of writer, yes. Thanks.

don't think Quik or even Sly Boogy are gonna let the dub forum produce their album. cause all that shit you're talking about us doing? yeah, that would constitute producing. I think my earlier idea about us agreeing on a consensus and doing our best to communicate that consensus is the closest we'll have to that kind of input.

maybe some sort of thing when u interview an artist and you can give the artist a page of honest opinions from dubcnn and let the artist give their reaction to those opinions

LMAO. Imagine the look on Kurupt's face' WTF?'

I think this would be kind of extreme. Nima does his best to deliver the overwhelming and strong opinions even if they're brutal but some artists he''s known them well enough to do that with (Snoop, Daz, Bad Azz)n and with some artists his ties are tenuous to the point where he can't really do that (D.O.C.,Lamont, 50 cent).

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

TuKer Says: Angeles Records is the truth!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2007, 11:46:52 AM »
another nice thing it would be nice to see here, i think it would be to see a following in the making of an album or a mixtape, like to know everything they record with artists or shit like that.

TuKer Says: Angeles Records is the truth!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2007, 12:59:14 PM »
another idea that popped in mind is: i'd would to see reviews of a producer discography, track by track on every album they dropped beats.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2007, 04:02:50 PM »
What about rewarding quality posters with an opportunity to conduct an upcoming interview?  Give them possibly a once in a lifetime chance to interact with their favorite artist.  Plus it would drive people to be more serious / quality posters.

And I liked Grundy's idea to conduct a live chat w/ an artist.

I'll try and think of some more.

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2007, 06:30:08 PM »
non-west artist of the month, (indie cats only)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2007, 01:00:18 AM »
thanks for all these so far, some great ideas, we are going to be looking over them all next week...

please keep them coming...

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2007, 02:29:18 AM »
Thanks to all those that submitted ideas on here and via email, many of them are being explored with some already well on the way to being implemented!

*Gambler - missed your comment! was that an offer? lol ;D

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network