Author Topic: Jerry Heller is a G  (Read 181 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Jerry Heller is a G
« on: January 04, 2007, 03:41:27 PM »
thoughts on Inspire's Jerry Heller interview. props to the interviewer and those involved:

Dubcnn: So this was before or after the contract issues?

No, this was before the contract issues, he had anticipated problems from Suge, and Suge was already causing trouble between the Ruthless artists, so Eazy that had said that this guy was going to be a problem and I said with Eazy, look, lets look at this logically, we’ve built a big business and you’ve got a chance of losing everything by doing something like that and it makes no sense to me, and maybe I’m not a war time consigliere, but I would certainly advise against this and literally talked him out of it.

Wartime consigliere? Fuckin' g ass reference(the Godfather, bitches!). and well placed. props.

Dubcnn: Definitely. How would you compare Hip-Hop today to the time when N.W.A was together?

Oh it’s a totally different thing. Hip-Hop today is big business and it’s no different today than Rock N Roll was after Sgt. Pepper. I mean a Snoop Dogg album costs as much to make as a Whitney Houston album, the videos cost more to make than Dennis Hopper and Peter Fonda spent on Easy-Rider, and the same radio stations that play a Whitney Houston record will play a Snoop Dogg record. So obviously Hip-Hop now has filled that void that used to be Rock N Roll.-BITCHES, hell yeah. This dude knows what's up. This is in direct support of my west coast movement topic where I compare the current west coast movement to the counter culture movement in the late 60's on the west coast.

This is what we need to be discussing: real ideas. Look at historical context, not petty bullshit. Big picture, baby!

Dubcnn: Yeah, ‘cause at the time when N.W.A was coming about, there was still a lot to prove in terms of what Hip-Hop and Gangsta Rap was all about, do you think there is still something to prove in Hip-Hop or is it all about money and cars nowadays?

Well let’s just understand one thing, Hip-Hop isn’t just music, Hip-Hop was a graffiti art movement that started in the Bronx, so Hip-Hop is basically a way of life and rap music is part of that. I think that what’s going to happen is, a new form of Hip-Hop, probably Latino Hip-Hop is now going to take the place of the type of music that Ruthless Records started.-DUDE, Heller is a fucking G. Latino hip hop fills that void? That's an interesting fucking idea. Let's discuss that. What do you guys think he means by that? Also, pointing out hip hop culture as a whole...dude is on point.

Dubcnn: Okay, if you could turn back time, what is one thing that you would actually have done differently at Ruthless?

Well, I obviously underestimated the relationship between Eazy and Dr. Dre, I thought that nobody could ever come between Eazy and Dre, they were as close as any two human beings could have been, and there was genuine brotherly love between them. So I think that, while I had talked to Eazy about Dre being a full-partner and things along that vein, I probably would have insisted that Eazy do whatever he had to do to make sure that Dre stayed because obviously Dr. Dre is the single most important producer of the rap era, I mean the man has made nothing but hits, since 1986, I think the only record he put out that wasn’t a huge hit was that Aftermath Record he put out right after he started Death Row. The man is the most important, creative genius of the entire rap era and obviously he was the most valuable asset of Ruthless Records, and I think that what I would have done is somehow talk to Eazy about making sure that Dr. Dre remained at Ruthless.-Simple but still, dude is smart.At least these days.

Dubcnn: Okay, just a few questions about Lil-Eazy. Do you know anything about the label he is on now? We know he was dropped from Virgin Records.

Well like you, I read the gossip columns *laughs* in “The Source” or whatever, first I heard he was in the mist of making a deal with 50 Cent, I don’t know what happened to that, I hear things but I don’t really have any day-to-day advisory contact with him, so I just hear what you hear and its always that the record is close to being out and he’s making a deal here and there, so I don’t know. I think he’s terrific rapper and his father would be proud of him.-That's real cool of him to say that.

That NWA movie talk sounds interesting as fuck.

Dubcnn: If N.W.A was ever to re-unite for one last album, do you ever think that you could be involved?

Well as far as I’m concerned I could be, and I’ve seen stranger things happen. I mean there’s a reason that the tour was called “When Hell Freezes Over”, because they never thought they would ever speak again, but I would never stand in the way of an N.W.A reunion album, but I don’t know how you can have an N.W.A reunion album without the conceptualiser of N.W.A, Eazy-E, here to be involved in it. So I’ve got to tell you, outside of an obvious financial kind of curiosity that I would have, I have no interest in being involved in any project that the past members of N.W.A might do, and I’m sure they have no plans to have me involved. I mean I still see in the new Fed Magazine, see Ice Cube talking shit about Jerry Heller, bullshit. I’m even considering taking some legal action against him now.

What tour was called “when hell freezes over”?

Dubcnn: Okay and being Jewish did you ever feel offended by any of Ice Cube’s lyrics?

Well obviously “No Vaseline” is an anti-semitic song. I mean the ?? and the museum of tolerance, Rabbi Cooper and Rabbi Hier said it was an anti-semitic song, they classified it as such. That doesn’t mean that I think O’Shea Jackson is an anti-semitic, it doesn’t mean that I think that O’Shea Jackson is anti-Korean because he wrote “Black Korea”. I took that song very personal and I think that O’Shea Jackson was anti-Jerry Heller and pro-O’Shea Jackson. So I think that he used that to further his interest and I think he just does it to attempt at keep selling records. Obviously he’s not as popular as he used to be as a recording artist.- Very ironic considering Ice Cube’s latest indie record may be the ultimate fuckjerryheller: Indie(no big label white jew guys) and he sold a hella gang (half a mil for indie is good).

Dude knew Elton John, Van Morrison and Otis Redding? Cube needs to stop hating.

peace

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
Re: Jerry Heller is a G
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 03:50:39 PM »
he was caught with his hands in the cookie jar...no forgiving that.   :nawty:

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 03:53:07 PM »
he was tryna get eazy paid for more than one role while eazy was playing more than one role. the rest of nwa didn't wan to recognize that. groups never get as much as they think they're gonna get when they go platinum, shit gotsta get divided 5 ways plus. they see eazy getting the rapping money and the label exec money, they get pissed. simple as that. that's why groups always break up.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 04:35:56 PM »
Are you Jewish, Tanjibility?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 04:38:49 PM »
Nah, but I often wish I was. Jews are cool as shit

Jon Stewart
Seinfeld
Bob Dylan
..i'm not even gonna try to finish this at work, I have a fat ass list of dope ass jews on my PC at home. I'll post it up next time I get online at home.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

REGIME MOB 510

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 05:29:32 PM »