Author Topic: production....warren g vs daz....  (Read 232 times)

Murrow

Re: production....warren g vs daz....
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2001, 09:07:04 AM »

^have you even heard Dillinger & Young Gotti? i dont hear one song on there that sounds like 'the old days'. shit, it doesnt even sound like Retaliation Revenge and Get Back, which was only 3 years ago. Granted, some of that can be attributed to Mike Dean but come on now.

I think some people here hate on daz purely because he isnt, or hasn't been rolling with Dre and Snoop. thats wack.

Mike Dean freshened his beats up big time, thats why the last DPG album sounded so fresh in my opinion.  I don't give a fuck if Daz comes back with Dre & Snoop or not.  Doesn't make a difference for me.  Peace
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2001, 09:50:46 AM »
Daz by a tiny bit...Still got much love for Warren G, one of the greatests ever...

I just prefer Gangtsa beats over smooth, laid back beats, but they are both tight az fuck...

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2001, 10:16:55 AM »
Warren without a doubt. On Dogg Food Daz needed Dre to mix the beats and on Dillinger and Young Gotti he needed Mike Dean to do it. Those two are his best produced albums to date. I like Warren better cause his beats sound more laid back and he can go from gangsta to funky to back to G Funk beats. And beside, he don't need anybody mixing the beats. Just check out Return of the Regulator!!!!!! :o

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2001, 10:21:11 AM »
not to bash on daz here but dj quik mixed all his beats on ALL eyez on me too

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Mr_Loc

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2001, 12:48:09 PM »
yea valid points but on the same token look at all the people Dre has been working with over the years, he's always had co-producers. not to take anythign away from Dre, hell no, but the same way everyone is quick to shoot down rumors that other people did Dre's work, you should give Daz the credit he obviously deserves.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2001, 01:06:03 PM »
yeah good point too mr. loc but look at all the co producers he's worked with....all of them have produced sub par beats without him plus dre's co producers are only time savers, dre gives the instructions and mel man or whoever does it , i mean look at any dre solo cut like "u can't c me" and copare that to "keep their heads ringin'" which was co produced by sam sneed....same exact quality, so it's not like dre relys on co producers for quality or input....but has also mixed every single song he's ever produced (with the exception of a couple of tracks i think)

mixing a song is like the final word in a conversation, it's where all the bad parts of a song taken out and other parts are added in , it's how you layer a song also, like if you want the vocal to be the 5th layer and the bass to be the 1st layer and ect. so basically dre and dj quik were doing this for daz back in the day with all those classic daz produced songs, so like daz built something with his set of legos then dre and dj quik would come in and take out that yellow lego and add a green one, take out that lego man and add a lego pirate...y know what i'm saying that's the only thing i was saying, but it seems after daz stopped having dre and quik mix his songs the quality of his songs went down (revenge retaliation and getback) then hooked up with another renowned producer and came up again....it's just suspicious

but even if daz rely on other people (which i'm not saying is 100% of the time) i'll buy anything basically with his name on it becuase my range of enjoyment froma daz joint is from moderatly entertained to classicly enjoyed which is great

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Murrow

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2001, 01:21:41 PM »
Whoever said Dre's co-producer's make his tracks hot are dick heads.  People say Mel-Man was the reason "2001" was so hot, cause he co-produced that album.  Bull...look @ "Family Affair," "Nasty Mind" & "Put It On Me."  Dre did those solo, and look @ "Dogg Named Snoop"...not the tightest beat...doesn't sound like Dre.

Mr_Loc

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2001, 03:15:09 PM »
Incog: hope you werent referring to me there. all i said was as quick as people are to disbelieve Dre doesnt do his own shit, you shouldnt assume daz doesnt do his shit y'know?

Jake: yea dogg i didnt need the Mixing for Beginners lecture lol but yea i get your point. but mixing and producing go hand in hand. you cant have one without the other, and Daz's shit is always dope to me no matter who mixes it. so he must be doing something right when he lays down the beat. even RAW which is the worst-mixed album he's been involved in (he mixed it solo) still knocked.

Murrow

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2001, 03:48:43 PM »

Incog: hope you werent referring to me there.

Actually I wasn't.  I didn't even think of what you said, I posted that after reading what Jake said.  Peace.